Bookmark List Search

CharlieP

It would be nice to have the ability on geocaching.com to input a location and radius, and get a list of all bookmark lists containing a cache (or a specified number of caches) in that area. This would make it easier to identify the caches in an area that folks think are special.

It would be nice to have the ability on geocaching.com to input a location and radius, and get a list of all bookmark lists containing a cache (or a specified number of caches) in that area. This would make it easier to identify the caches in an area that folks think are special.

It has been discussed before that the ability to search bookmarks by keyword would be very nice and Jeremy seemed to be into the idea. I'd really like to see this feature implemented, but I don't think searching by radius would be too practical. Many bookmark lists aren't necessarily confined to a specific area-- they could be national or even international (example - "Under Water Caches of South America"). IMO, it would be better to search by a string of keywords. That way if you are looking for ALL of the night caches in the world, you can just search "night" but if you are looking for night caches in San Diego you could search "+night +"San Diego"".

Would be even better if users can add keywords to their bookmark lists like we can for routes we upload :anibad:

EDIT: Here is the post from Jeremy on this....

Edited by Cache Heads

I think he meant search for all bookmark lists with at least one cache in the search radius. Large international ones such as SCUBA Caches would only show up if there was SCUBA cache in the radius.

Yep, that's what I meant. But the proposed feature could also allow you to specify a minimum number of caches in the radius, e.g., if you specified a 5 cache minimum you would only get the lists with at least 5 caches in the radius area.