Geolove?!?

swizzle

I was discussing geocaching with one of my sisters and she meantioned it to a friend. Her idea was for her friend to get into this hobby to met guys. To me it just sounds crazy to try something you have no interest in to find someone. Then once they met you and "exchange coordinates" then they expect you to be a geocacher at heart. Oh well my sis has a few loose screws. Anyways, how many here has actually met someone on the trail or at an event that they have fallin' in love with? Maybe I should start another thread on geowidows. The ones who set at home waiting for their cacher to return. Well anyway, I was just curious as to how you have met geocachers and how relationships came about due to geocaching. Swizzle

I wonder how a Geodivorce would go?

"She got the house, the good car, the dog. I got my GPSr and an ammo box. It turns out she doesn't like Geocaching anyway." With that ammo box the "I Can Do Maintenance Checks All The Time Because I Now Live In A Tent 100 Yards Away From This Cache" cache could be placed. The FTF package? "The other half of my stuff!!"

I know of 3 couples that met via caching, and, sadly, a pending divorce that can be laid at caching's feet.

It happens. I have seen two cachers meet at an event, divorce their non-caching spouses and get together.

Of course, I have seen others meet through geocaching and get together without bothering to divorce their respective spouses as well! :)

I met a great friend I cache with all over the country. No romantic interest, just good buddies. Her husband doesn't cache, my wife rarely does, so we get together and cache when we can, leave the spouses at home.

Ed

you got away from a divorce with half your stuff? must have been a good lawyer, normally after it's hard to go caching with an arm and leg missing!!! :laughing:

:unsure::laughing:

I got that beat!

My lawyer told me that my divorce was going to cost me $500.00.

I bought a $7.00 instant lottery ticket that evening, won $500.00 and didn't have to give the ex anything, no part of my retirement, nothing for the house or the boat, NADA!

She got to keep the stuff she moved out with.

My divorce cost me $7.00 and was worth thousands!!!

Edited by Woodbutcher68

I've never met anyone while Geocaching that I wanted to have a permanent relationship with... but I've met some cool folks that have become good friends, if that's the kind of relationship you meant, which I'm sure you didn't.

HOWEVER... I have played the part of a sockpuppet that got a few guys here worked up enough to talk about leaving their non-Geocaching wives over... which was NOT my intent, nor was I the instigator. But that's a story for another Event... sitting around a fire... praying no one is taking aim at me...

:o:):):):D

well, after having MANY girlfriends, i've decided to stay with my dog. she is giving me all the unconditioned love i need. what wants one more? i have a couple of very good friends that even stick to me when i am a bad a**.

i have many hobbies: climbing, biking, snowboarding, waiting to get a GPSr to start caching which probably comes in this week or next, trolling around in forums.. except for later, basically everything that has to do with nature, moving. difficult to find a partner to share this with. at least the women i know are pretty lazy.. my dog shares everything with me. except for food.. :o besides that, i love reading, writing..

the older i get, the more the things mentioned above are becoming more important to me. and altough i would love to have someone around, the less i feel like making compromisses. i live my own life, i was born alone (kinda..), so will i die. whats inbetween.. mhm. do the things i love to do? no real need for somebody else in there.

Kinda adds a new meaning to the idea of hiding a cache below grade... :laughing:

Or hiding an evil micro.

Honestly I don't think a personals forum would be a great idea. Anyone out there could post coordinates to meet up with someone and bring them to a questionable place and situation. I would hate to see something like a personals forum turn into a predator forum. Posting coordinates to your house might just be a bad idea. That's just my opinion. I can understand meeting people at events but in the middle of the woods or a dark alley? I am glad to see that there has been people who have met up through geocaching. Swizzle

I'm with Mopar ... who ever heard of such a thing!?!

Seems impossible..... :laughing:

I’m skeptical :blink:

Well a friend of mine suggested the same thing to me. That's not why I'm starting to do caching on my own instead of with family, but if I could meet someone as attractive as Criminal, I'd be out there every day geocaching!

I was discussing geocaching with one of my sisters and she meantioned it to a friend. Her idea was for her friend to get into this hobby to met guys. To me it just sounds crazy to try something you have no interest in to find someone. Then once they met you and "exchange coordinates" then they expect you to be a geocacher at heart. Oh well my sis has a few loose screws. Anyways, how many here has actually met someone on the trail or at an event that they have fallin' in love with? Maybe I should start another thread on geowidows. The ones who set at home waiting for their cacher to return. Well anyway, I was just curious as to how you have met geocachers and how relationships came about due to geocaching. Swizzle

Hey, I'm not too far from you. Is your sister's friend attractive?