Nearly time for another London event?

bhodisatva

:)

Yay! i can come to this event on that weekend :)

Can someone please post the thread to the caching event in the forum once it is up?

Thanks

P

Will do, that's if i ever get the cache page finished, been trying all afternoon, keep getting disturbed. Right, nose back to the grindstone, see if i can get it polished off within the hour :D

:)

Yay! i can come to this event on that weekend :)

Can someone please post the thread to the caching event in the forum once it is up?

Thanks

P

Will do, that's if i ever get the cache page finished, been trying all afternoon, keep getting disturbed. Right, nose back to the grindstone, see if i can get it polished off within the hour :D

Seems like you succeeded :blink:

Many many thanks Lacto, no matter what everyone else thinks, i reckon your an ok sort of guy :blink:

Fastest review ever?, reckon total of 5 minutes max from submitting to it being published. (Liquid Bribe to the usual address?) :blink:

I am attending

BUT,

I have 3 questions:

1) Will the pub be showing the england v Macadonia game (KO 3pm)?

2) Does the pub serve food?

3) Any decent but cheap B&B's locally

A1. No the pub doesn't have a television or a juke box, it's a pub not a sports/music bar :laughing:

A2. Yes the pub does serve food, everything from snacky type items, Finger food, Burgers through to a Dinner menu also.

A3. Sorry haven't a clue on this one i'm afraid, don't know how busy it will be but if your a member you could always try the Youth Hostel Association's hostel in Holland Park, which is a short walk from a tube station, giving easy access to central London.

Edited by bhodisatva

Surprisingly I think I have perdition to come down (subject to Gillian’s shifts). I had to agree to something about a romantic weekend in London, but the credit card has a limit should I should be okay.

Would be nice if you could make it Alistair, me n Squiggles could pick your brains for local info in readiness for our move ooop t'north.

Update

have found a really cheap B&B in Earls court (£25 a night) cant grumble at that, for an area like that.

As the pub we are at is not a sport orientated pub is there anywhere locally to it which people would expect to showing the game - so i dont have to double back to my hotel to pick up TB's etc

Update

have found a really cheap B&B in Earls court (£25 a night) cant grumble at that, for an area like that.

As the pub we are at is not a sport orientated pub is there anywhere locally to it which people would expect to showing the game - so i dont have to double back to my hotel to pick up TB's etc

I would imagine any number of pubs in that area will be showing the game, suggest giving Currykev a pm as he knows the area fairly well.

Update

I would imagine any number of pubs in that area will be showing the game, suggest giving Currykev a pm as he knows the area fairly well.

across the road and towards holborn is a weatherspoons pub which will be showing the match downstairs on the big screen. probably... it usually does...

HTH!

Dave

Update

Hi lathama,I can check out the NEAREST local pub showing the footie in the next couple of days if you wish. :rolleyes:

It'll be no problem,just as long as I don't check out their ales at the same time. :laughing:

Post your reply and your wish shall be granted....PS £25 is a REAL good deal...well done!

Edited by currykev

Update

Hi lathama,I can check out the NEAREST local pub showing the footie in the next couple of days if you wish. :tired:

It'll be no problem,just as long as I don't check out their ales at the same time. :mellow:

Post your reply and your wish shall be granted....PS £25 is a REAL good deal...well done!

This would be very much apprieciated Kev, thanks. After just consulting the FA website and am alarmed to see the KO has been moved to 5pm to avoid the rugby at 3pm :laughing: this will just mean i cant get (a) FTF and (:o will not arrive till around 7.30 rather worse for ware :rolleyes:

across the road and towards holborn is a weatherspoons pub which will be showing the match downstairs on the big screen. probably... it usually does...

HTH!

Dave

...like i said! I'm 95% confident this will be showing it! Only about 5 minutes away as well...

Check it out..and it does have sports on TV...a novelty for a Weatherspoons pub.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/59/

I am digging my escape tunnel and hope to surface somewhere on High Holborn on Saturday afternoon! Looking forwards to meeting bhodisatva so I have somebody to go caching with when I am at home in Newcastle!

Don't forget your Geobabe t-shirt! :D

Edited to delete the following sentence. :D

Or if you want to come without it.even better!! :D

Edited by currykev

I am digging my escape tunnel and hope to surface somewhere on High Holborn on Saturday afternoon! Looking forwards to meeting bhodisatva so I have somebody to go caching with when I am at home in Newcastle!

Don't forget your Geobabe t-shirt! :D

Edited to delete the following sentence. :D

Or if you want to come without it.even better!! :D

Nice try, but I am actually a 'geobag'. Be very afraid!!! (oh, but not as scared as you would be if I did come without a t shirt on... trust me! :D

I started to dig my tunnel but got caught, so sadly I will not be able to make it. :D

Seriously though, I was hoping to go but am just not going to be able to now, but I hope it all goes well and I can make the next one.

I'll be making one of yours before much longer Alistair :D How about a welcome to Tyneside event :D

Great event! Sorry I arrived a bit late and had to dash off a bit early, but I was working and there's no rest for the wicked! Good company, lovely chips -and so many of them!- and a pleasure to meet Tyrolean Maid (thanks for the drink again) and other names I knew but had never met their owners. Cheers to bhod' (remember the theme tune?) for setting this up :anibad:

Many thanks to everyone who turned up and made this the great event me n Squiggles thought it was. As most of you who attended are aware, Squiggles and i are relocating in the (very) near future and before we go i will be archiving the thread, (7 days from now).

Can i ask that everyone who took TB's now log then into their "hands" as i notice that there are still a couple left "logged" into the cache.

Once again many thanks for attending, it was great to meet you all.

Bhod N Squiggles

Well, I shall keep my fingers crossed. I'm coming down for a training event and that night is free.

When I did the the last level of this training in Manchester, an event was conveniently organised for the night that I was there. I seem to remember a rather drunk crowd standing on a traffic island phoning Scotland for a webcam photo to be taken. :unsure: And Mongoose and Powerbookfanatic kindly took me out caching too.

Question is though, are you going to be "Continuing the tradition" or continuing the "break with tradition" :unsure:

As we've already broken one tradition, how about starting a new one and going back to the Cittie of York. That was an excellent pub for a meet; there was plenty of room, good ale and reasonable food.

Oh yes.... Friday is good for me as I finish at lunchtime on Fridays so definitely count me in!!

If anyone wants to stand on a traffic island with me and phone Scotland for a photo opportunity, I'd be glad to have them join me! ;)

I don't know of a Web Cam Cache on a traffic island in London but there's certainly one on a Zebra Crossing :)

If anyone wants to stand on a traffic island with me and phone Scotland for a photo opportunity, I'd be glad to have them join me! :(

I don't know of a Web Cam Cache on a traffic island in London but there's certainly one on a Zebra Crossing :P

Done that one! It's literally around the corner from my Dad's house. And I'll be taking Jack to do it again at the end of November. I have advised him that he needs to wear flared jeans and take his shoes off.

As we've already broken one tradition, how about starting a new one and going back to the Cittie of York. That was an excellent pub for a meet; there was plenty of room, good ale and reasonable food.

The COY is nice and roomy, the "visuals" are good :( and the beer was excellent (Sam Smiths) and the glasses were pretty cool too :P . It gets my vote :(

I think that the next London event should be on Friday January 26th. :D

When will Paul.Blitz be arranging the the late Christmas event? If is is the same weekend but different days it might work out well.

I'd be very surprised if Paul arranges a 'late Christmas event' on a Friday evening !!