Category Proposal: Nature Centers

I've seen some categories about visitor information center and science museum. But, both seem to exclude nature centers and nature museums. They are all over, educating folks on the natural and cultural history of the area. Many are in state and national parks, and alot of county park systems have them.

Would this make for a viable sub-category in the Nature category?

I've seen some categories about visitor information center and science museum. But, both seem to exclude nature centers and nature museums. They are all over, educating folks on the natural and cultural history of the area. Many are in state and national parks, and alot of county park systems have them.

Would this make for a viable sub-category in the Nature category?

Definitely! I'm an officer in the Science Museum category management group, and we do include nature related museums, such as natural history museuems, but specifically exclude nature centers such as the ones I think you envision. There are many of these wonderful places and they deserve a category! Love to be on your team. Got some waymarks in mind for this, too!

they way things happen:

i voted in review que, yes, adding some constructive criticism--knowing that these (variables) would be edited upon access to that feature again.

saw the post about 'editing a category pre-approval'

and saw this thread.

at least you know to copy the info before it 'disappears' (where do archived waymarks go? they used to stay on the 'my waymarks' page, at the end. upon the creation of groups, they all disappeared--now, upon saving a mark as archived it fall off the face of WM.com; other than remaining in 'my stats').

who knows, it might pass review and you can just edit it....

Update on the category request...

I noticed it still says that it's "in peer review until September 17". It's been over a week since the Peer Review ended - did we pass? Fail? Still under review?

Yes! Email came in today. Don't know why the date was all screwed up on the page? I was able to edit some variables, and the description some. Plus created the first Nature Center waymark. 1 down, thousands more to go! :lol: