Alaska Trackable Geocoins Now On Sale

Ladybug Kids

An order receipt and shipping list updated as of 1600 ADT today is posted here.

All orders received as of that time will ship tomorrow with the exception of two gold relief orders that will ship as soon as we get the next batch of those coins from the mint at the end of the week.

I also updated the webpage to reflect the final mintages (and number left) of each coin:

Bronze: 1000 (~250 left)

Silver: 200 (48 left)

Silver w/ Gold Relief: 125 (13 left)

I'd better decide how many more gold and silver I want.

The Gold is a *very* nice coin.

The pins are very nice too and there is an ample supply.

Are there any plans to have a unique icon for the Silver and Gold coins? I noticed that my 0.999 Siver coins have a unique prefix: "AK6". You'll notice that the Geocache America Coins have 2 seperate icons.

Hmmm...we hadn't thought about custom icons for each type of coin. However, there will be only one custom icon for the 2006 Alaska geocoin project. The bronze, silver, and silver with gold relief coins were struck in several different batches and their respective tracking numbers were not kept in separate lists. Your silver coins that both have "AK6" were probably struck close to consecutively, but there are less than fifty out of a total 200 silver coins with those letters.

Great idea for next year! Thanks!

Edited by Ladybug Kids

An order receipt and shipping list updated as of 2000 ADT today is posted here.

All orders received as of that time will ship tomorrow (or Tuesday due to tomorrow's holiday) with the exception of three gold relief orders that will ship as soon as we get the next batch of those coins from the mint at the end of the week.

I also updated the webpage to reflect the final mintages (and number left) of each coin:

Bronze: 1000 (~220 left)

Silver: 200 (45 left)

Silver w/ Gold Relief: 125 (10 left)

Wow! Pics online simply do not do justice to this coin! The silver is really quite outstanding... thanks for such a quality coin~

Glad you like them!

We packaged up all back ordered gold relief coins and all new orders received as of 0900 this morning for a run to the post office later today. The updated shipping status list is here.

There are still coins of each flavor available:

Bronze: ~200 left

Silver: 40 left

Silver w/ Gold Relief: 8 left

Geopins: LOTS left

Edited by Ladybug Kids
:D Well Well Well.... I got home from work today and had a note in the mailbox that I had a package to pick up at the post office.... Being a typical Monday, I just turned around and headed back into town, just expecting something trivial like shoes for the wife or daughter, but ... on the way to town I noticed who the package was from and knew exactly what it was ;) and somehow the XTerra was doing well over the speed limit. :D No worries, I made it in record time. :) Once I got the package and was back in the vehicle, I ripped it open... :D Let me tell ya, I got the Bronze Alaska coins when they first went on sale and was impressed, :D but today I got the silver and silver w/gold relief and I was just blown away. :D They are nothing short of beautiful, I will have to say that for 2 yrs. running Alaska has set the bar for quality in geocoins. If your budget allows, do NOT miss out on these coins, you won't regret it. Outstanding job, the land of the midnight sun is tops in my book. Thanks to everyone involved in the project!!! I know the Ladybugs had a hand in it so thanks to Mike and the girls too. Awesome!!! :D

I've been collecting geocoins for awhile. Therre are very few as fine as these coins. The premium coins are 0.99 silver which in itself make the coins collectable. The bronze are beautiful themselves and well worth the price. Of course, you can wait and pick them up later when they will surely be way more expensive!

Thanks for positive feedback everyone.

I finally got to stay home long enough to get caught up on packaging coin orders and to update the website. All new orders received as of this morning are going to the post office later today. You can check you shipping date here.

I also gathered up all the coin inventories from around the state so I now know exactly what's left:

Bronze: 120 (1000 total made)

Silver: 41 (200 total made)

Gold Relief: 7 (125 total made)

Geopins: Plenty

Thanks for all of the information about these coins. I just started collecting Geocoins a week ago and bought about 20 coins this week. (I know... too many in one week, but I've got the Geocoin Bug!)

I pondered upon the Silver Alaska Geocoin, but thought perhaps I would wait.

Now once I've read this thread, I immediately took the plunge.

I can't wait for my Silver Alaska Geocoin! I'm very excited!

(And thanks sincerely for helping me decide, I realize the Silver are almost Gone!)

~Fluttershy

All new orders received as of 0600 this morning are going to the post office. You may look up your shipping date here.

Thanks, all, for your continued support of this project. As soon as we sell out this year's coin, we can start working on next year's :tired:.

Just ordered mine this morning, my Grandpa always wanted to go to Alaska, but never did, so I wanted to purchase a couple of these coins in tribute to him.

Cya on the trails,

Rusty

Charleston, AR

Just ordered mine this morning, my Grandpa always wanted to go to Alaska, but never did, so I wanted to purchase a couple of these coins in tribute to him.

Cya on the trails,

Rusty

Charleston, AR

Thanks, Rusty!

Packaged up your and all other new orders this morning to drop at the post office before I head out of town for a few days.

We're down to just five of the gold relief coins.

There are still coins of all varieties left.

Remaining inventory update:

Bronze: 41 (1000 total made)

Silver: 48 (200 total made)--revised from 10/28 post after finding another partial box lurking in the home office. These would look great under the Christmas tree!

Gold Relief: 4 (125 total made) These would also look great under the Christmas tree!

Edit: Update after prematurely reporting the bronze sell out and then finding another box of unsold coins.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

I shipped a few more orders yesterday and updated the shipping status page here.

There are still coins of all varieties left.

Bronze: 39 (1000 total made)

Silver: 46 (200 total made)--revised from 10/28 post after finding another partial box lurking in the home office. These would look great under the Christmas tree!

Gold Relief: 1 (125 total made) These would also look great under the Christmas tree!

Edit: Down to last Gold Relief coin.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

Bronze: 13 (1000 total made)

Silver: 19 (200 total made) These would also look great under the Christmas tree!

Gold Relief: Sold Out!!! (125 total made)

You can order these coins and the newly released Alaska Christmas Coinaments at http://www.geocachealaska.org/alaskageocoins.htm

Orders combined with orders for the coinaments will ship no later than November 30, right after we get the coinaments from the Alaska Mint.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

Bronze: 13 (1000 total made)

Silver: 19 (200 total made) These would also look great under the Christmas tree!

You can order these coins and the newly released Alaska Christmas Coinaments at http://www.geocachealaska.org/alaskageocoins.htm

Orders combined with orders for the coinaments will ship no later than November 30, right after we get the coinaments from the Alaska Mint.

WOW - these went fast! The silver coins are actually made from an ounce of real mint-grade silver... and I need to get some bronze coins for trading stock as we're headed to the 2007 Coinfest in California in February... hurry up payday!!!

Bronze: 4 (1000 total made)

Silver: 16 (200 total made) These real silver (1 ounce 0.999 fine silver) would also look great under the Christmas tree!

Bronze: 1 (1000 total made)

Silver: 9 (200 total made) These real silver (1 ounce 0.999 fine silver) would also look great under the Christmas tree!

Shipping update: Due to production issues at the Mint, orders combined with orders for the coinaments will ship no later than December 5, which will still get the coins into folks' hands before the holidays.

I patiently wait these coins...I have this feeling they may just be one of my favorites...

Your coins went into the mail in Anchorage today, so they are on their way!

Oh ya hadda show ya my Mad Trapper...she's a doll

And believes you when you say the best athletes run naked at -35C in the wild

Geoskijor dogs Corky, Mesa, and Ingrid say "Hello!" from Clear Creek Butte.

1aa673e4-74de-4990-93ef-6560d401d1ba.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Bronze: 20...no, we didn't make more...just learned about left over inventory from a previous event down in Anchorage (1000 total made)

Silver: 4 (200 total made) These real silver (1 ounce 0.999 fine silver) would also look great under the Christmas tree!

You can order these coins and the newly released Alaska Christmas Coinaments at GeocacheAlaska!

Domestic orders received by Sunday night, December 17th, still have a chance of being delivered before Christmas.

Thanks, all, for your support of the project!

Bronze: 15 (1000 total made)

Silver: 1 (200 total made) These real silver (1 ounce 0.999 fine silver) would also look great under the Christmas tree!

You can order these coins and the Alaska Christmas Coinaments at GeocacheAlaska!

We at GeocacheAlaska! hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! May the New Year come in with as much fun as the Christmas holiday weekend featured!!!

Bronze: Sold Out!!! (1000 total made)

Silver: 5 (200 total made) after finding another batch of four hiding in a box

Geopins: Sold Out!!!

Coinaments: 30, all mirror finish

You can order these coins and the Alaska Christmas Coinaments at GeocacheAlaska!

To all who purchased one or more versions of the 2006 Alaska geocoins, we extend a heartfelt

:D THANK YOU!!! :P

I just saw a picture of another Alaska 2006 geocoin that has 3 wolves instead of 2, with the wolf head being a bit smaller and a 3rd wolf in the foreground howling towards the rear. Was that version actually minted?

Interesting...what you are seeing on cointracking.com is one of the first versions of the artwork for the 2006 Alaska geocoin. That artwork eventually morphed into the final coin design, but it was never made into a die. I'm surprised that version of the artwork is out there, but I don't remember who I shared it with during the early design stages.

Edited by Ladybug Kids