Alaska Trackable Geocoins Now On Sale

Ladybug Kids

After receiving feedback from a few cachers that the ordering information for the 2006 Alaska geocoins is buried too deeply in this topic, I'm opening a new topic with the information at the top.

GeocacheAlaska! is proud to announce that the 2006 Alaska Geocoins are now available for online sales in the US and Internationally.

Like last year, the proof quality coins are availabe in three versions: bronze, 1 ounce 0.999 silver, and 1 ounce 0.999 silver with 24K gold relief. This year, the coins are also gc.com trackable and come with a custom icon: ak32flag2.gif.

brassfront.JPGsilverfront.JPGgoldfront.JPG

We are also selling antique bronze and antique silver geopins based on the coin design:

DSCN8285crsm.JPGDSCN8288crsm.JPG

The posted photos really don't do the coins justice, so we'll post new images once glennk721 works his photographic magic.

Use the following links to purchase your coins:

United States

All Other Countries

A list of received orders with there mailing date (if applicable) is posted here.

I am traveling for work this week and will not be able to update the website until Friday night (9/15) for Saturday morning (9/16). All orders received by September 15 will be mailed by September 16.

Activation codes may be retrieved from Oakcoins' geocoin activation page.

Note that the $1.50 charge that appears on the invoice for "Shipping" is actually a one-time packaging and handling fee to cover the cost of the mailer, postage for the weight of the mailer, the PayPal fixed transaction fee, labels, and other miscellaneous expenses. All coin and pin prices include the cost of postage for the coins and pins.

Questions??? E-mail coinsales@geocachealaska.org.

In advance, thanks for your support of this project.

A question came up about the order coins are being shipped.

The plan was to ship in the same order that orders were received as stated on the webpage. However, some of the mailing label sheets apparently got shuffled in the flurry of the first couple of evelope stuffing sessions. Also, we ran out of on-hand (in Fairbanks) gold relief coins and then silver coins, but we kept stuffing envelops until we filled every order that could be filled including orders that were for only bronze coins and/or pins.

I'm on the road for work through Friday and will be stopping through Anchorage on the way back to Fairbanks on Friday evening. Scobey, Northwes and I will fill ALL orders received through about 1900 ADT on Friday and get them into the mail.

There are about 25 of the gold relief and 90 of the silver coins left from the original run of 100 gold relief and 200 silver coins. Once these coins are sold, we'll order up an additional mint run to fill subsequent orders which will take about two weeks to produce. As stated on the webpage, we will mint up to a maximum of 150 gold relief and 400 silver coins, but we may not mint them all.

There are also about 500 bronze coins of the original run of 1000 available, so there are plenty of them available.

As posted previously on the other thread about the Alaska 2006 Geocoins...

Geocache Alaska coordinators are scheduled to package and mail Alaska geocoin and pin orders on Friday evening (the 15th of September). Materials are in place, and the Alaska Mint has a coin shipment ready for pickup on Friday... Check the order list here to see if your order is in place for fulfillment.

Orders placed between now and Friday at 5pm Alaska time won't show on the order list due to travel logistics, but we'll do our absolute best to get those new orders included in the shipment going out on Friday evening the 15th! The order list will then be updated to reflect your order's current status. We're not going home until all orders in place are filled! (By the way, all dates shown on the order list page are for 2006...)

Don't wait until it's too late to order your 2006 Alaska geocoins - the premium editions (gold and silver) are moving especially fast. :) Still plenty of bronze available, but the numismatic collector-grade coins seem to be irresistable once folks see them. Take advantage of special volume pricing on the antique gold & antique silver geopins, too!

As posted previously on the other thread about the Alaska 2006 Geocoins...

Geocache Alaska coordinators are scheduled to package and mail Alaska geocoin and pin orders on Friday evening (the 15th of September). Materials are in place, and the Alaska Mint has a coin shipment ready for pickup on Friday... Check the order list here to see if your order is in place for fulfillment.

Orders placed between now and Friday at 5pm Alaska time won't show on the order list due to travel logistics, but we'll do our absolute best to get those new orders included in the shipment going out on Friday evening the 15th! The order list will then be updated to reflect your order's current status. We're not going home until all orders in place are filled! (By the way, all dates shown on the order list page are for 2006...)

Don't wait until it's too late to order your 2006 Alaska geocoins - the premium editions (gold and silver) are moving especially fast. :) Still plenty of bronze available, but the numismatic collector-grade coins seem to be irresistable once folks see them. Take advantage of special volume pricing on the antique gold & antique silver geopins, too!

You still have a few more hours to get your order in before we mail out tonight!!

All those who had orders in by 8pm Alaska time on September 15th will be happy to know that your geocoins are now in the hands of the US Postal Service! Daddy Ladybugs got them to the Anchorage Airport post office by 10pm (and then got himself to Alaska Airlines in time to catch a flight home to Fairbanks too!). I had the privilege of assisting with the international orders - Alaska geocoins are on their way to Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia tonight, as well as all across America!

Less than two dozen gold relief coins left - time to get my hands on a couple too...

With LOTS help from Scobey, Mrs. Scobey, Geminigirl, and Northwes, all orders were filled tonight. Thanks, all!!!

There are three more orders that came in after the close of label printing on Friday night that I will fill from Fairbanks this weekend.

As Northwes stated, we still have twelve of the first 100 gold relief coins left. As stated on the cache page, we will mint up to a maximum of 150 of these limited edition coins.

Those wanting to verify order and mailing status can look here.

Wow! Shipped 09/15 from Alasaka, and received yesterday. Talk about fast turnaround!!

Got two of the .999 silver and one of the .999 silver with gold.

They are SO beautiful, thanks so much for making them available-

I wish the mail got here as fast as it gets from here to CT

Edited by scobey

Remaining inventory update:

1. We have ten (10) of the original 100 gold relief coins available for sale. We will mint up to a maximum of 150 gold relief coins. I will place an order for an additional twenty gold relief coins today. Production time for the additional coins is about two weeks.

2. There are fifty (50) of the original 200 silver coins available for sale. We will mint up to a maximum of 400 silver coins, but it looks like the final mintage will be significantly less than that.

3. There are still plenty of bronze coins left of the original 1000 coins minted. We will NOT mint additional bronze coins. This is a change from the original stated limit of 2000 coins. I'll change the web page when I get home from Anchorage to reflect that change.

Effective October 1, the price of the bronze coins will increase 50 to 75 cents each because there will be fewer coins over which to spread the fixed expenses (die cost, artist fees, custom icon, etc.), so get your orders in and beat the increase!

Thanks, all, for your continued support of this project!

The order and shipping status page has been updated as of 1800 hours ADT this evening.

We still have five gold relief available for immediate shipping with another batch on order with deliver due in about two weeks. We also have about seventy silver coins and 350 bronze coins on hand.

We reduced the maximum number of bronze coins that will minted from 2000 to 1000 and the number of silver coins that will be minted from 400 to 300. We'll still mint up to a maximum of 150 gold relief coins if that many are ordered.

As announced earlier, the bronze coins will be going up in price at the end of the month.

thats quick postage! its here. ty!!!

Wow! Alaska to the UK in only five days!

I also had a report of Alaska to Southern Arizona in only three days (including a Sunday)!

Those postal Alaska huskies are really running hard!

I'll be loading up another sled and sending it on its way on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on exactly when I get back home.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

I also had a report of Alaska to Southern Arizona in only three days (including a Sunday)!

I'll be loading up another sled and sending it on its way on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on exactly when I get back home.

Yep, mine arrived in Phoenix, AZ in only 2 days from when it was mailed. :) i just figured everything from alaska was sent air?

Yep, mine arrived in Phoenix, AZ in only 2 days from when it was mailed. :rolleyes: i just figured everything from alaska was sent air?

We let the dogs take things as far as they can. They aren't prone to breaking down, aren't finicky about fuel (they'll eat almost anything), and love to run! :)

Actually, you bring up a good point...this time of year, the mail get transferred from from dogsled to southbound migrating waterfowl (Canada geese, swans, sandhill cranes) at various locations and those birds are really motivated to keep moving before their tailfeathers get frozen into a pond somewhere.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

I like my coins so much I put in a second order .The gold plated coin is really sweet if you are on the fence put off buying something else & get one of these!Looks alot like my Husky .Another thing you guys are really fast on shipping ordered ny coin Thursday & they were in Canada here on Tuesday ....That is fast!

I like my coins so much I put in a second order .The gold plated coin is really sweet if you are on the fence put off buying something else & get one of these!Looks alot like my Husky .Another thing you guys are really fast on shipping ordered ny coin Thursday & they were in Canada here on Tuesday ....That is fast!

And I can't wait to get yours :D

well it certainly impressed me! good on them huskies!

as for santa leaving me coal lol...well he had told me i was getting it for xmas i think mainly to ensure i didnt go off half-cocked and buy it myself since i had been drooling over it for days. so when it arrived i was allowed a minor 'my precious' moment before it was taken off me again til xmas day :D

Coin availability update:

250 bronze-the total production number has been reduced to 1000 as noted earlier.

50 silver-the total production number is currently limited to 300, but it may soon be reduced to 200.

15 silver with gold relief. Depending on how sales go, we may not mint the final 25 to hit the maximum mintage of 150.

All bronze and silver coin orders will ship within two days of order receipt. We're still waiting for the latest order of 25 gold relief coins to come from the mint and expect them by the end of next week (October 6).

Prices are going up slightly after the weekend due to reduced production numbers and higher precious metal prices.

Many thanks to all who have supported this project to date!

Coin availability update:

250 bronze-the total production number has been reduced to 1000 as noted earlier.

50 silver-the total production number is currently limited to 300, but it may soon be reduced to 200.

15 silver with gold relief. Depending on how sales go, we may not mint the final 25 to hit the maximum mintage of 150.

All bronze and silver coin orders will ship within two days of order receipt. We're still waiting for the latest order of 25 gold relief coins to come from the mint and expect them by the end of next week (October 6).

Prices are going up slightly after the weekend due to reduced production numbers and higher precious metal prices.

Many thanks to all who have supported this project to date!

Thanks LBK for offering these coins. Your hard work is appreciated :)

Edited by geminigirl

An order receipt and shipping list updated as of 1600 ADT today is posted here.

All orders received as of that time will ship tomorrow with the exception of two gold relief orders that will ship as soon as we get the next batch of those coins from the mint at the end of the week.

I also updated the webpage to reflect the final mintages (and number left) of each coin:

Bronze: 1000 (~250 left)

Silver: 200 (48 left)

Silver w/ Gold Relief: 125 (13 left)

All orders received as of that time will ship tomorrow with the exception of two gold relief orders that will ship as soon as we get the next batch of those coins from the mint at the end of the week.

I also updated the webpage to reflect the final mintages (and number left) of each coin:

I'd better decide how many more gold and silver I want.

I'd better decide how many more gold and silver I want.

The Gold is a *very* nice coin.