haunted house

ok so, apparently i can't do this on geocaching, so what do i need to do to mark my friends haunted house as a intersting place to visit?

You might be able to create a waymark for your friend's house in this category. Create your waymark by following the directions on the more detail page. If you are unsure of how to set up the waymark, it might be useful to first look at some examples of other previously created waymarks in this category to get a feel for how others have been set up.

If your waymark meets the criteria, it should be approved within a few days.

Being the time of the year that it is I think one other thing needs to be asked: do you mean it's actually haunted or just gets decorated for halloween? The category cache_test_dummies pointed to looks like it has to do with the former and not the latter. If it is the latter it wouldn't fit there. There may be another one it would fit, but there is a debate going on about temporary waymarks. A seasonally decorated house would be temporary afterall...

as in 'decorated for halloween' you mean that:

one 'pays a fee' and takes a 'guided tour' or just plain 'decorated'?

i would think that the 'guided tour' houses would get their on category (in the 'temporary' section). for the most part, are they not in the same location each year, it is just that they are only open approximately september to november. and thus, would only 'appear on the map' during that 'season'.

Being the time of the year that it is I think one other thing needs to be asked: do you mean it's actually haunted or just gets decorated for halloween? The category cache_test_dummies pointed to looks like it has to do with the former and not the latter. If it is the latter it wouldn't fit there. There may be another one it would fit, but there is a debate going on about temporary waymarks. A seasonally decorated house would be temporary afterall...

Right. Good catch.

The thought of a 'created for the season' or temporary haunted house never even occurred to me when I responded - I automatically assumed the OP was referring to a "real" haunted house.