Garmin 60CX

GreatCanadian

Hello folks. I'm in the market for a new gps, and I've decided on the 60CX. Does anyone have any opinion on where would be a good place to buy? I saw a good deal on Amazon.com, but have never dealt with them before. Are they good to deal with? I haven't seen anything cheaper than Amazon on ebay, so as of now, Amazon appears to be the lowest price that i can find. Any recommendations? Thanks to all for any advice you can offer.

P.S. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. If so, please feel free to move it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am in the process of checking these sites. One thing i forgot to mention is that even though i am in canada, i have a brother living in georgia who will be visiting home in a few weeks. So I can have it shipped to him before he comes home. So shipping costs from US to Canada are not a cost. Again, thanks.

I usually google ("best price" and whatever unit I'm looking for at the time), and check out the entire list at places like pricerunner and CNET shopper. The pricing sites have review/rating systems set up for the most part, so you can get a feel for a vendor you don't know. They also take shipping into account, and that can vary wildly from $0 to $25 or more per unit. I'm a pretty trusting soul, but one thing I look for is complete street address and other contact info on a website if I'm contemplating ordering from someone; if it's not there, I wonder why ...

You got some good recommendations already; I'll add GPSCity to the mix -- especially if you want to order any RamMount parts at the same time. They are very competitive on GPSr's and carry the full line of Ram Mount components. It's always nice when you can use a place that advertises on Groundspeak. :laughing:

Happy Trails!

Candy

I bought mine at buy.com for 239.99 after a $15 dollar discount for new customers. Not to mention I am still waiting on my $50.00 dollar rebate from Garmin to bring it down to $189.99 total cost. :blink:

How/when did you pull that off? Buy.com now lists the 60Cx for $304.99 after rebate.

I was looking at GPSonline but found Buy.com was cheaper after all deals.

I assume the 304.99 is arrived by

$399.99

-15.00 First time buyer

$384.99

-$30.00 Credit Card sigining rebate (30% savings up to $30)

$354.99

-$50.00 Garmin Rebate

$304.99 Final cost

I can do you one more. I get 1.2% off for buying through a shoping group. The savings goes to a non-profit of your choice that is registered there. My Choice: A nature park that is pro geocaching! $4.26 donation ($354.99 x 1.2%)

Anyone apply for the creddit card at Buy.com?

I noticed you are a computer instructor. If you work for a school district/university, I have a Garmin dealer who extends a 30% discount for Garmin units and then you can also get the rebate if it applies in Canada.

Send me a PM and I will send you the contact form

egorny@gis2gps.com

30% brings it down to $337.49 and then as I remember $50 off for the rebate.

His shipping is very reasonable.

ed