Garmin foretrex 101 $99 at Aldi's

scottjl

I just went out this morning and bought the foretrex for my husband. Now that I get it home, I see that it does not come w/ the cable to connect to the computer. Now what do I do??? Apparently it doesn't use a regular usb cable?? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Foretrex does not include the serial cable for it, and much be pcked up seperately. I got mine for like 13 bucks on amazon.com

Aldi is just a sort of weird supermarket with oddball brands I've never heard of. I doubt you can buy anything on-line from them, as they don't even take credit cards in the store, only debit. I just picked up my 101 a couple days ago, and it's a great little unit. I'm starting to like it better than my Magellan 210, as the print is easier to read, the fit and finish are better, and under some circumstances, the reception seems better. Haven't tried to use the little serial interface yet.

Aldi still has a few at my local store. So far, I have bought three, each at a delivered price of $75 with tax. Gave one to my deer-hunter wannabe brother-in-law, using one bicycling, and the other goes in the car with a set of batteries, so I can use it for situations such as waypointing the car in a Disneyworld-type parking lot.

The cable is available various places/prices ($10 range), as well as simple software to ease us newbies into the technology.

Now to dig up a AAA-cell recharger system to keep this little jewel's energy up. Any warnings/suggestions?