Preprogrammed Micro SD Cards

A.T.Hiker

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the pre-programmed micro SD cards with the topo data? Currently, I live in the northeast, and own US TOPO 24K. I wonder if these new micro cards are any more detailed or up to date than the CD Rom version of US TOPO 24K? Would it be worth the $80 for the upper east coast Micro Card for better detail and up to date features?

Edited by Team R2

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the pre-programmed micro SD cards with the topo data? Currently, I live in the northeast, and own US TOPO 24K. I wonder if these new micro cards are any more detailed or up to date than the CD Rom version of US TOPO 24K? Would it be worth the $80 for the upper east coast Micro Card for better detail and up to date features?

I was just on Garmin's website trying to determine the same thing. They say the micro cards have the exact same detail as the topo CD's. But I believe the CD's they refer to are less detailed than 24k. You can use their mapviewer to check.

I was just on Garmin's website trying to determine the same thing. They say the micro cards have the exact same detail as the topo CD's. But I believe the CD's they refer to are less detailed than 24k. You can use their mapviewer to check.

- I see one of these cards, US East Coast Area, are scalled 100K. Sure, lower details than 24K Topo CDs.