Has a cache description, or title, or BOTH......

Snoogans

I got an email about a cache last night. The description of that cache just tickled me.

ODS: From Here to Eternity by Touchstone

I chuckled all the way to bed. I'm a child of the 70's & 80's and I read that cache page hearing the voice of Emily Litella in my head.

Even if the cache hadn't been hidden as part of my ODS project, it would have had the same effect. <_<

NOW, geocaching is a mutual admiration society and many folks use cache pages to make dedications, jokes, or jabs to other cachers. Are there any out there that involve YOU in some way?

What are some cache descriptions or titles that have put a smile :blink: on your face whether they involved you or not?

This cache was hidden by a local cacher in anticipation of my son's birth.

It certainly made me smile. :blink:

That is cool :laughing:

I had a cache named for me in honor of my birthday, It's called "Fairyhoney, You'll Flip For This Cache" by Speeding Element (sorry , but I don't know how to "link" ) _ I think he wrote to the reviewer to get it published on my birthday!

Yup, several, the funniest was my first month of caching. I had found a number of cool caches, this was before micros became popular, so almost every cache was large, unique and interesting.

Someone listed "This Cache Sux" and I could not understand why, if it sucked, the guy bothered to hide it.

I watched the logs for a while, and people were posting stuff like "This cache really sux"

Some folks just have attitudes, and I generally ignore them. I figured this hider was one of them, and had no desire to look for an obviously sucky cache.

One day I am passing by the Interstate exit where this cache was located and decided why not, let's just see what's so bad about it.

As soon as I got to the bottom of the Interstate ramp and saw my GPS arrow pointing to the vacuum machines at a car wash I about fell out of my car laughing so hard, funniest thing I had ever seen!

I've had a cache named for me

I have too... The Rambler Cache

Way the heck up (and then down the other side!) of the tallest 'mountain' in central Alabama, took me hours to get up there. Finally get there, find a large flat rock with a hole under it.

Reach in the hole and there's a boot. Huh. Pull on the boot and out slides a leg! I let go and jumped back, I had found a body!!

The two people with me, my wife and a friend, were aghast.

It took me 30 seconds of adrenalin rush to slow down and remember that I have but one leg, had gotten here on crutches... and figure out that the cache was a fake leg left for me!

Oh yeah, he totally got me with that one!

Laughed all the way back home, it is still one of my funniest caching experiences!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Yup, several, the funniest was my first month of caching. I had found a number of cool caches, this was before micros became popular, so almost every cache was large, unique and interesting.

Someone listed "This Cache Sux" and I could not understand why, if it sucked, the guy bothered to hide it.

I watched the logs for a while, and people were posting stuff like "This cache really sux"

Some folks just have attitudes, and I generally ignore them. I figured this hider was one of them, and had no desire to look for an obviously sucky cache.

One day I am passing by the Interstate exit where this cache was located and decided why not, let's just see what's so bad about it.

As soon as I got to the bottom of the Interstate ramp and saw my GPS arrow pointing to the vacuum machines at a car wash I about fell out of my car laughing so hard, funniest thing I had ever seen!

That was funny and now it's a good idea for a cache. ;)

There have been several around here that made me laugh after I found the cache. One local cacher, T.R. Violin, frequently has fun cache titles. This is one of the first ones of his I found. You have to read the earliest logs to understand who Bob was . . . B)

This one was also very fun. It was placed for a local FTF hound who has four sons. It is an ammo can painted pink and filled with very girlie stuff . . . ;)

CG10JV7 The Cone of Silence (also by Touchstone) references one of my favorite childhood TV memories...here is an excerpt from the cache description page...

"The Cone of Silence is one of many recurring joke devices from Get Smart, an American comedy television series of the 1960s. In the series, whenever Maxwell Smart ("Agent 86") wanted to speak to his boss ("Chief") about a top secret matter, he would insist on the use of a comically defective technology called "the Cone of Silence." The Chief, usually with annoyed skepticism, would press a switch, causing the device to descend from above the Chief's desk, surrounding the heads of the two would-be conversers. The awkwardly impractical device was clear plastic in the shape of two interconnected inverted bowls. Part of the humor was in the irony that Agent 86 and Chief could never hear each other clearly, while bystanders in the room could hear everything they said. Often at the end of the labored conversation, the Chief would be terribly frustrated and upset. "

Reading this instantly took me back in time and brought out a big :D

A cacher here hid "It With Both Hands". I had to log a DNF (without even looking for it) just so the log would say "Windrose couldn't find it with both hands". Of course later I found it so the notice said "Windrose found it with both hands" (good to know I can still find it when necessary). Several of us were joking about possible names for future caches ("it with a GPS", "it in the dark", "it with a map", etc).

He also used to have a cache (had to be archived after it was muggled) called "True Happiness". It was cute getting the notices "Windrose couldn't find True Happiness". "Windrose found True Happiness".

Windrose

There is THIS ONE that was hidden for me, by my boyfriend, under our account. I didn't realize he had named it THAT, until it was published. After reading the description, it made a bit more sense, and I LOVE the name. Sometimes he really IS clever!

And, then there is THIS ONE that was placed in my honor. You have to read the first word in the name VERY carefully for it to make sense. There is a reason for it....however silly it may be.