Turmoil at the Top

WalruZ

What I wonder is when they have last really relaxed, spent the day on the couch and read a book or watched a movie at a theatre or just sat on the beach for the afternoon.

For me, I lose a whole day (and night) when I hunt for 25 and find 20. It takes so long to write unique logs - not to mention the mandatory relaxing in the hot tub.

I'd bet that by the time that I find 5000, I'll be bored with this activity.

--

When (not If) they reach their personal goal - I hope they get nothing but respect. Maybe even a $30 plaque or trophy.

Edited by CraigInCT

... I have 31 finds now. But I actually found SIX of them in one day today!

Now... I just have to do that EVERY day, and I'll be caught up with them in just over 13 and a half years :anibad:

Then again... odds of that happening are slim to nil, since the entirity of Manitoba has less than (or somewhere close to) 600 caches total :D

As of 9/8/2006

1. TeamAlamo - 16700

1. CCCooperAgency - 16625

Wow. CCCA has been the worldwide leader since I've been caching (2002). It's weird to see somebody else on top. Congrats to both.

A lot of the topics criticizing cachers with a high number of found it logs refer to CCCA and questionable logging practices. I've seen little written about about TeamAlamo and it's never been anything bad. This makes me wonder if TeamAlamo played more on the up-and-up and if they will come under closer scrutiny now that they're at the top of the list. I use the word "they" since I don't know TeamAlamo and don't remember if they are a he, she, individual, or group.

The locals (in Northern California) already give TeamAlamo more scrutiny than he wants. Seeing how CCCA's actions are dramatized in the forums here, I'm sure the same applies to her.

I congratulate them both for their achievements and for enduring the publicity that goes with them. :o

As of 9/8/2006

1. TeamAlamo - 16700

1. CCCooperAgency - 16625

Wow. CCCA has been the worldwide leader since I've been caching (2002). It's weird to see somebody else on top. Congrats to both.

A lot of the topics criticizing cachers with a high number of found it logs refer to CCCA and questionable logging practices. I've seen little written about about TeamAlamo and it's never been anything bad. This makes me wonder if TeamAlamo played more on the up-and-up and if they will come under closer scrutiny now that they're at the top of the list. I use the word "they" since I don't know TeamAlamo and don't remember if they are a he, she, individual, or group.

The locals (in Northern California) already give TeamAlamo more scrutiny than he wants. Seeing how CCCA's actions are dramatized in the forums here, I'm sure the same applies to her.

I congratulate them both for their achievements and for enduring the publicity that goes with them. :)

Yes, exactly! Congratulations to them and to all the other high-numbers finders. I personally am not into numbers at all, but I do not begrudge those to whom such things are important. For example, for those of us with over a few hundred finds, just due to the laws of averages, we have ALL made some mistakes in logging, or perhaps even filed a few questionable find logs (ie., my own find log for a cache on the fiftenth planet in the Alpha Centauri system remains highly contested...) Could you imagine being a high-numbers finder such as these two folks, and having people dissect every find and every find log to ensure that it met a very high standard? For me, it would be tiring...!

ie., my own find log for a cache on the fiftenth planet in the Alpha Centauri system remains highly contested

Yeah right... everyone knows that Alpha Centauri only has 14 planets. Jeesh...

WHY do you need to nit-pick all my extraterrestrial finds? :mad: I seem to recall that you have done the same thing with my finds in alternate dimensions as well! :mad::huh: Sheesh! Some people! The nerve! :laughing::laughing:

:unsure::ph34r::unsure: