Contacting Members

TheBeast

While reading through the SCREEN NAME IS MORE THAN AN ALIAS thread there were several people that I wanted to send messages to so I could ask more about the things they mentioned. I thought of contacting them in order to either more clearly understand what they were talking about or to see how they got into it or to express a shared interest. My question is, would that have been out of line? How would YOU react if some random member on here sent you a message asking you stuff like that?

At best I'd be happy that someone was interested in something I did, at worst indifferent. I don't think I'd be creeped out. After all, I'm posting in a public forum and giving out details about my life... if I don't like that people respond to that, I shouldn't be hanging out here in the first place... Besides, I could always choose not to reply if I didn't want to.

When I have questions for people, though, I'll usually post it in the thread (if it's not too off-topic) so everyone can benefit.

I've gotten e-mails or pms from people on this site and other sites I go on. It happens all the time. Just ask your questions in a nonargumentative way and you shouldn't have a problem.

I don't know about this site, but on a site that I am an Administrator on, the Admins can read PMs between people.

Edited by Woodbutcher68

I've gotten e-mails or pms from people on this site and other sites I go on. It happens all the time. Just ask your questions in a nonargumentative way and you shouldn't have a problem.

I don't know about this site, but on a site that I am an Administrator on, the Admins can read PMs between people.

I'm thinking that Jeremy can probably do that too.