Xmas 2006 Geocoins

ranger216

You've got most of my thoughts, but here's a few minor things that come to mind...

1) Why not have poinsettias *and* candy canes? One on one side, the other on the other. I like the poinsettias, but lots of folks want the canes; I think you can do both. Try it. See what it looks like.

2) Don't forget to shrink Rudolph's ears some, and perhaps make his antlers just a touch larger. He's young, but I don't think he's a yearling.

3) re: metals, you should be able to get mock-ups from the coin company. Those will help a lot, I would think, in helping you make up your mind how to go.

4) Why not forget the "ray" entirely, and just use glittery stuff in a nimbus in front of his nose? Think of Zero in "The Nightmare before Christmas", when Jack used him to help get through the fog.

5) drop the "S" from "Greets"; it doesn't scan as well as "Meet and Greet: North Pole Style". Say it out loud, and you'll see my point. Naturally, I put the colon in for punctuation purposes, which are assumed in your design, and so not needed on the coin.

6) Pick a date when you're going to say, "No More Changes!" Then stick with it. These are marvelous designs, and we can nit-pick them to death if we aren't careful :blink:

You are right,,,,

deadline for changes... will be .Friday 9/29

You've got most of my thoughts, but here's a few minor things that come to mind...

1) Why not have poinsettias *and* candy canes? One on one side, the other on the other. I like the poinsettias, but lots of folks want the canes; I think you can do both. Try it. See what it looks like.

2) Don't forget to shrink Rudolph's ears some, and perhaps make his antlers just a touch larger. He's young, but I don't think he's a yearling.

3) re: metals, you should be able to get mock-ups from the coin company. Those will help a lot, I would think, in helping you make up your mind how to go.

4) Why not forget the "ray" entirely, and just use glittery stuff in a nimbus in front of his nose? Think of Zero in "The Nightmare before Christmas", when Jack used him to help get through the fog.

5) drop the "S" from "Greets"; it doesn't scan as well as "Meet and Greet: North Pole Style". Say it out loud, and you'll see my point. Naturally, I put the colon in for punctuation purposes, which are assumed in your design, and so not needed on the coin.

6) Pick a date when you're going to say, "No More Changes!" Then stick with it. These are marvelous designs, and we can nit-pick them to death if we aren't careful :blink:

Love the icon! :( I like the idea of a GPSr in the stocking on the reverse, if you can make it look OK. Another possibility is to have candy canes in the stocking. The price is excellent; I was expecting a little more, so won't complain if the final price is a little higher. Great work all around! I'm in for at least two sets. Wonder if I can get my Christmas money early? :(

Love the icon! :( I like the idea of a GPSr in the stocking on the reverse, if you can make it look OK. Another possibility is to have candy canes in the stocking. The price is excellent; I was expecting a little more, so won't complain if the final price is a little higher. Great work all around! I'm in for at least two sets. Wonder if I can get my Christmas money early? :(

lol... glad you like...

I really wanted to make something for everyone...

thats why 2 sets

some people really gouge people with prices..

as long as I dont lose money... I am happy

Its all about our hobby/game....

CACHE ON

:laughing:

I've been following the posts - the coins are shaping up well! Have you considered having a separate icon for each set - eg the candy canes for one and maybe a stocking or an ornament for the other? I don't know how much this would raise the price, but for so many it is all about the icons! :laughing:

That might work....

be like maybe $1.00 a set more or so..

that may be a good thing.. now to think of the 2nd icon :laughing:

Edited by ranger216

I think I posted earlier but not too sure. I would like 4 sets for me and my caching buddy (don't tell him yet though Christmas gift you see! :wub: )

I understand.. see this as a popular "Holiday" gift

I just love these coins... its like everyone on the forums designed them

and its a completion of so many ideas...

its all teamwork

:unsure:Put me down for 2 of each set, if you would please.

Love the design and the idea. :laughing:

Will you be sending out e-mails to people who want some?

How many of each set will you have minted?

There will be

150 minted in gold

and some limited editidions in other metals

like 10 of each or so

will have that info when pre-order begins

:unsure:Put me down for 2 of each set, if you would please.

Love the design and the idea. :laughing:

Will you be sending out e-mails to people who want some?

How many of each set will you have minted?

There will be

150 minted in gold

and some limited editidions in other metals

like 10 of each or so

will have that info when pre-order begins

I'd like to have two (one of each) of those limited edition sets please.

Edited by OshnDoc

It looks like the pricing will be

if 2 sets --

aprox. $20 per 3 coin set...

really worked hard to make this affordable for everyone..

It will be:

1.5" coins

3.0mm thickness

soft enamel both sides

laser engraving

numbered

trackable at Geocaching.com

Custom Icon

212.jpg

Nice price, I'll be in when ordering starts.

Thanks.

The Christmas holidays are my favorite - and I am dying to give these out as gifts - they look too cool. Plus maybe putting a set around the local area at xmas - that would be a blast to see...

I would like 2 sets at least (gold)- would love 3 but I dont want to take a set away from anyone. Hate it when people order a bunch just to sell later. So if you can - 3 but def 2. Thanks!

Crunchberry

Edited by crunchberry