Xmas 2006 Geocoins

ranger216

I am working on a 4 coin set of Geocoins for 2006

They will be trackable on geocaching.com, have a custom icon, and be numbered..

I have 3 of them figured out but would really, really appreciate some help on #4

Here is what I have so far:

tree.jpg

scoin.jpg

sncoin.jpg

and need suggestions for the design on the back:

or if you would perfer... email me at: robertj.thomas@verizon.net

Edited by ranger216

G'day

As Christmas is about about barbeque's downunder (it is summer time here) what about a summertime coin for the fourth one?

Oh btw I would be interested in a set.

Thanks

Andrew

well I never thought about that... but its a thought...

maybe santa at the grille?

definately NOT a snowman

G'day

As Christmas is about about barbeque's downunder (it is summer time here) what about a summertime coin for the fourth one?

Thanks

Andrew

definately NOT a snowman

We often do Christmas BBQ style in MS as well, Christmas in the Sunshine maybe?

G'day

Thanks

Andrew

definately NOT a snowman

starting to detect a pattern here !!

How about an elf or Mrs Claus at the grille?

G'day

Thanks

Andrew

definately NOT a snowman

starting to detect a pattern here !!

How about an elf or Mrs Claus at the grille?

or maybe "He gets to ride around all nite... and I am stuck cooking !!"

For the backside -

Candy canes can be geometrically arranged to make some pretty neat designs.

And they taste good too !

(WOW - a candy geocoin?)

Who wants to run with that idea?

was thinking about that on the back..

and a stocking of course..

with either the tracking number or coin number inside

OMG! IT'S NOT EVEN PAST HALLOWEEN PEOPLE!

YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE DEPARTMENT STORES THAT PUT XMAS STUFF OUT BEFORE THANKSGIVING!

AND YES, I AM AWARE THAT I AM YELLING. :laughing:

well saying that from design to completion.. is like 6 to 8 weeks...

(this is the design phase)

I dont think I am pushing the season

Since not everyone here is a Christian, how about something neutral? Just a politically correct thought?

---

Also I wonder on your thread like I did Prowlers the other week...be sure the trains are in production and on the way to the buyers/traders before starting a pre-sale for these. I would hate for it to appear that you are out to make a buck.

Almost got out of bed last night to post this ,,someone beat me to it,,you need THE GRINCH his doggie too Muggling the cache ammo boxes :D:D

Also a agree with the Blind Acorn,, Perhaps a unified season coin in the group.. Hanukkah with Menorah coin ??

Or others :D

Edited by glennk721

OMG! IT'S NOT EVEN PAST HALLOWEEN PEOPLE!

YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE DEPARTMENT STORES THAT PUT XMAS STUFF OUT BEFORE THANKSGIVING!

AND YES, I AM AWARE THAT I AM YELLING. :D

My Christmas stuff is scheduled to go up on Oct 2nd in my Hallmark card department all week long long I have already been unpacking it and building displays and getting in ready in the wherehouse.

Not to early for the retail world..... :D

(PS - I do not care for the stuff being out that early either but what are you going to do??)

And OT - I just noticed your little train geocoins on the tracks so cute.

I like the Grinch...with a DNF or evil micro theme...but there might be copyright issues. How about a palm tree or cactus with Christmas lights for those that live in snow-free areas? Or a smilie on one side with a Santa hat that says "nice" with a frownie wearing a Santa hat on the other that says "naughty"? DO like the Rudolf idea...maybe a sad looking one (or him stuck in the stable) with something said about Rudolf being out of a job...Santa no longer needs him to guide the sleigh. Or an ammo box filled with coal for naughty? You could have lots of fun with this theme!

Since not everyone here is a Christian, how about something neutral? Just a politically correct thought?

---

Also I wonder on your thread like I did Prowlers the other week...be sure the trains are in production and on the way to the buyers/traders before starting a pre-sale for these. I would hate for it to appear that you are out to make a buck.

not the case at all..

actually the trains are in production and this is just in the planning stage

I like the Grinch...with a DNF or evil micro theme...but there might be copyright issues. How about a palm tree or cactus with Christmas lights for those that live in snow-free areas? Or a smilie on one side with a Santa hat that says "nice" with a frownie wearing a Santa hat on the other that says "naughty"? DO like the Rudolf idea...maybe a sad looking one (or him stuck in the stable) with something said about Rudolf being out of a job...Santa no longer needs him to guide the sleigh. Or an ammo box filled with coal for naughty? You could have lots of fun with this theme!

Maybe....

"Were you naughty?" - have ammo cann full of coal" on one 1/2 and

"Or Were you Nice? - and have big ammo can full of swag and geocaching goodies !!!

***Personal religious opinion follows***

So far I haven't seen anything Christian about these coins. IMHO Christmas with the trees, gifts and such is no longer a Christian holiday but a commercial one. The coins as portrayed don't have a cross, creche, star or baby Jesus on them.

I know what you are saying..

I had contemplating putting a Nativity scene on a coin.. but don't you think thats a little tacky?

Then I had considered something along those lines saying "The reason for the Season"

I just dont know a good way to approach this and this is one of the reasons I made the post I did..

thanks for your feedback