Around the World in 80 Caches Geocoin Game

avroair

Got the minter proofs today...

82c84e43-922a-4d2b-8aaf-31e28f04f760.jpg

The coins should take 3 weeks to be ready and will be shipped out mid-November. I am leaning toward a December 16th starting date so that the game can run 380 days and finish on January 1st, 2008 <_<

Currently, drafting up the guidelines sheet, 80 feats sheet (they gotta look antique!) and figuring out how to attach the traveler tags to the coins.

Mark

Avroair

Definitely not a a lead balloon! Gorgeous - I like the pink! Well Done!

For those wanting to start coins in the southern summer I have had local the post issues worked through. Flate rate international priority mailer is the way to go - will take a bunch of coins safely if they are wrapped in a bit of newsprint first.

DO wrap yourcoins in something even if you use padded mailer- a folded envelope is really really good - write the address on again on this.

Don't use the cheapest airmail option - you won't save much money - it can cost up to $3 more for bunch of coins!

Don't forget a BLUE airmail sticker - the red stamp is NOT an international sign and it might get chucked into the regular mail bin

I drafted up some guidelines earlier this month and revised them again today, here they are, if you think there is anything I should add or if you find some wording or guideline unclear post here so I can alter, revise and clarify any ambiguities.

GAME PIECES:

1. Balloon Racer Coin: (balloon is light blue) Activate the coin to place into a cache to start the game.

2. Spare Balloon Racer Coin: This alternate is available for you to either keep in your coin collection or place into a cache IF your first racer gets lost.

3. Race Exclusive: This coin is yours to keep

4. Winner’s Circle: This coin is yours to keep

GAME TIME:

1. Official opening ceremonies:

8 am EST Dec 16th 2006 running to 8 pm EST Jan 1st 2008. Gametime: 380 days -- points after are not counted.

GAME START:

1. To enter the Around the World in 80 Caches Game, place your Balloon Racer Coin (light blue) in an active geocache.

2. DON’T FORGET TO ACTIVATE YOUR COIN!

3. Once you have placed and logged your coin you are no longer allowed to touch it (except for the Mercy Rule)

FEATS:

1. Your Balloon coin racer earns points by accomplishing feats from the 80 Feats Checklist.

2. Every time your coin moves you can select ONE and only one feat to check off your 80 Feats Checklist.

3. If your coin accomplishes more than one feat in a move you may still only check off ONE feat from the list!

4. Each feat is worth the same amount of points as the number listed next to it on the checklist.

Example: 1. moves over 1 mile earns 1 point

5. Your racer only earns a feat during the time of the actual movement, you can retroactively claim or earn feats.

Example, if your racer travels to Spain from another country then moves again within Spain, you can only claim the: “4. visits another country” during the first movement.

6. Once you have earned a feat you CANNOT earn it again.

7. The feats sheet will be posted online both in the geocoin forums and to the 80 Caches Wikipedia.

VALID MOVEMENT:

1. Your coin CANNOT be virtually logged into and out of a cache, it has to be physically placed into a cache for the movement to count. (no mircos)

2. If the same geocacher moves your coin more than once within a 24 hour period, or has consecutive logs then only the first movement counts towards earning feats and points. Therefore a geocacher cannot complete 10 feats in a row for you. Family members are considered a team.

3. No geocacher may earn more than 3 feats for your racer

4. A group caching together may log the racer into and out of a cache as long as obey the valid movements.

5. After your race starts, your coin cannot be mailed or transported by a third party who isn’t a geocacher.

Bonuses:

1. Once a month a bonus feat will be posted, racer coins that accomplish the bonus feat will be able to claim both the bonus AND a regular feat

2. Each bonus feat is worth 5 points

3. At the end of each month please submit all the names of geocachers who have helped to move your coin. A random drawing will occur with prizes for a couple of lucky winners.

MERCY:

1. If your coin is placed into a very hard cache and hasn’t been moved for at least a week, you can opt to move the bug out of the prison yourself. You gain no points and feats for doing this. Just place it into another geocache.

2. You may encourage local cachers to move your coin, but please do not abuse this priviledge.

HI Mark,

Looks fantastic :huh: Watching my mailbox

I know you're really busy envelope stuffing but really should check out peter's cachinggames.com site - he got my devils in danger game up and running in no time ( starts tomorrow ) and claim logging is so easy. You won't have to rewrite a thing - he just looks at the forum and bang instant game website!

and it's all automated - all those feats are just like the first fleet to fed game - and we can watch it on graphs and maps.

(oops forgot wearemarking ourselves:) actually validating claims is just an option - it's turned on for the other games.)

FEATS:

1. Your Balloon coin racer earns points by accomplishing feats from the 80 Feats Checklist.

2. Every time your coin moves you can select ONE and only one feat to check off your 80 Feats Checklist.

3. If your coin accomplishes more than one feat in a move you may still only check off ONE feat from the list!

4. Each feat is worth the same amount of points as the number listed next to it on the checklist.

Example: 1. moves over 1 mile earns 1 point

5. Your racer only earns a feat during the time of the actual movement, you can retroactively claim or earn feats.

Example, if your racer travels to Spain from another country then moves again within Spain, you can only claim the: “4. visits another country” during the first movement.

6. Once you have earned a feat you CANNOT earn it again.

7. The feats sheet will be posted online both in the geocoin forums and to the 80 Caches Wikipedia.

Edited by forthferalz

Just got back from a two day trip to Seattle. All of the coins, guidelines, feats and pins are ready to go, just waiting on the thinner traveler chains :unsure:

Ladybear - I will post a picture when I can, I am so bad at getting the glare right etc.

There are still a couple of cachers who initially wanted to play but I haven't recieved payments from. I have sent them another request. If they are not responded to, there will be a couple of sets available for those people who have recently requested one. (I will contact you either way).

:laughing: Almost there and sorry for the delay.

FYI: All the race sets are packaged up and ready to ship. International and domestic will go out in the next couple of days. Included in the packs:

1 balloon race coin

1 duplicate balloon race coin

1 race exclusive coin

1 cup winners coin

2 traveler tags (with both size chains, one fits, the other don't fit)

2 balloon pins

1 antique 80 feats list

1 antique guidelines sheet

The game will begin December 16th to take advantage of the 380 days. :blink:

Thank you for your patience and excitement.

(I have no more packs left).