Around the World in 80 Caches Geocoin Game

avroair

Why so slow? :)

Fundage! :) (or lack of!) :blink: Should be ready to mint in the next couple of weeks and I don't want to put more than one coin on pre-order (mainly because I hate it when others do that and partially because I won't be able to keep track of what's what). I sent the design proof to the coin minters and they are a bit tied up right now. Should be soon though.

Mark

Avroair

Keep this up and you'll be another crake, which ain't no bad thing :lol: We'll definitely been in for at least a couple of these. Gad! I'm gonna need to find two new jobs to fund this habit :o;)

Ok updated artwork --- the icon will be a miniturized version.

1e09aaf0-fddf-42e6-894e-9c81666abb1c.jpg

Ok, I got an email from someone who didn't see the point in this, but I am choosing not to respond since I guess there is no changing some people's mind and I sink or swim, I like the concept.

I am thinking of a release date of mid-November, if you haven't contacted me or dropped a note in this thread please do so. So I don't skip over you. (no invoices or payments have been done yet just a game reservation note).

. Each team will get a packet:

* the coins, *a race participant list, * a guidelines sheet, * a reference 80 feats sheet, * traveler tags to attach to their coin...

Oh yeah and start coming up with Whacky names for your racer :D:anitongue:<_<

584172.jpg

That is one seriously rocking icon. A coin like that would be awesome. We need a map coin like that - a whole series actually. Hmmmmmm.... :anitongue:

I think we need to be in for 2 sets now.

And remember, you will not please everyone. This is a game and for fun. An expansion of our hobby for those who choose (remember that great thing called choice that was hard won but worth the effort?) Those that want in will be there. You've got plenty of support. Great idea. Loads of fun to come. Thanks for doing this and let the naysayers speak their mind as is their right, but let the negativity roll off your back to the depths below. :D

BTW - do you want us to give you our racers names or keep them secret till race day? <_<

Avroair you can use this no ads! site if you want to track everything. I don't thhink there'sany charge to you unless you are making a profit.

http://www.cachinggames.com/faq.php#1

CachingGames is a essentially a community where you can participate in organised CachingGames or competitions. CachingGames provides a web service for tracking of players and their progress in the games. The owners of CachingGames do not actively participate in the administration of any individual game although we do work closely with the game administrators to ensure that the data entered is keep accurate. The owners of CachingGames do not get involved in discussions about the performance of the games. This is best referred to the game administrator.

Avroair you can use this no ads! site if you want to track everything. I don't thhink there'sany charge to you unless you are making a profit.

http://www.cachinggames.com/faq.php#1

CachingGames is a essentially a community where you can participate in organised CachingGames or competitions. CachingGames provides a web service for tracking of players and their progress in the games. The owners of CachingGames do not actively participate in the administration of any individual game although we do work closely with the game administrators to ensure that the data entered is keep accurate. The owners of CachingGames do not get involved in discussions about the performance of the games. This is best referred to the game administrator.

Each person will recieve the list of 80 feats, I will be posting them closer to the time, since I don't want people to see them beforehand. If you posted in this thread I will invoice you like always. :laughing:

:laughing: This sounds like a great race and an awsome deal on a very cool coin set. If anyone has a problem with the pricing or the time it is taking maybe they should look into what it takes to make a coin. I think the prices are great sign me up for a race pack. Thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks Hipper

ROFL! You people are too much! :huh: I am submitting the design (again!) tomorrow to the minter so they should be available soon. I am negociating prices etc. And so far I got 78.3 feats covered. Anyone have any interesting feats they want to be included list them here.... :(

Interesting feats - ok "have it's picture taken with a moun10bikecoin"; have it's picture taken with an in/famous cacher who is not admin eg. Mr Twin Peaks - Sjoerd, visit highest cache in the state/country, survive a muggled cache ( our TB got paintballed in it's second cache! ), travel by boat to a cache, travel by camel.....

Ok updated artwork --- the icon will be a miniturized version.

1e09aaf0-fddf-42e6-894e-9c81666abb1c.jpg

List of 80 feats

I have tried to keep them attainable and generic. Each movement of a coin, the owner can pick one, and only one feat accomplished. The numbering 1-10 at the left of each feat is the points awarded. Each participant will get a checklist to check off a feat once you have decided on it. :lol:

'Any suggested omissions or additions?

Mileage

1. moves over 1 mile

2. moves over 10 miles

3. moves over 50 miles

4. moves over 100 miles

5. moves less than a mile

6. moves 250 miles

7. moves 500 miles

8. moves 1000 miles

9. moves 3000 miles

10. moves 5000 miles

General Locations

1. crosses a province or state Line

2. travels to an island

3. sits atop of a mountain

4. sits within a canyon or quarry

5. checks out a museum

6. visits a castle or fort

7. sits atop a tallest city building

8. visits a botanical garden

9. visits a zoo

10. visits a maze or labyrinth

Activity

1. moved withing 24 hour period

2. hasn’t moved in a week

3. moved 5 times milestone

4. moved by same cacher twice

5. moved twice withing 24 hours

6. moved 10 times milestone

7. hasn’t moved in a month

8. moved 10 times in a month

9. moved 25 times milestone

10. moved 5 times in a week

Caches

1. placed in a travel bug hotel

2. placed in event cache

3. placed in puzzle cache

4. placed in new cache (one week old)

5. placed in multi cache

6. placed in wheel chair accessible 1/1

7. coin is seen on a webcam

8. placed in a difficulty or terrain 4+

9. historic cache (pre 2002)

10. placed in a project ape cache

The Coin

1. coin gets discovered

2. placed with another coin

3. placed with a travel bug

4. coin visits a cito event

5. coin is verified missing

6. coin visits a mega event

7. placed with another game coin

8. meets a famous person

9. placed with 3 other coins

10. coin is missing then found

Hollywood

1. photo of coin by itself

2. photo with a cacher

3. photo of the coin in nature

4. photo with a travel bug or jeep

5. photo at a memorial site

6. photo at National Monument or Park

7. photo with another race coin

8. photo at waterfall

8. photo in the desert

10. photo with employee or reviewer

Unique Locations

1.visits a national or state capital city

2. unique to the race, you choose

3. visits a battle field or site

4. visits another country

5. visits a historic event site

6. unique to the race, you choose

7. crosses the equator

8. onto different continent

9. crosses the prime meridian

10. visits a world heritage Site

Delivery

1. coin travels via motorcycle

2. coin takes a plane ride

3. coin takes a bycycle ride

4. coin travels on horseback

5. coin travels on a boat (not canoe)

6. coin goes gliding or parachuting

7. military vehicle or transport

8. coin is taken scuba diving

9. coin travels on a heritage railway

10. coin travels in a hot air balloon

Monthly bonus

Each month a temporary bonus feat will be added worth 5 pts each.

For clarification of reference points refer to the wikipedia.

No, it says you get to check it off once... so one move (or lack of move) you get to check off one feat. Each time it moves you get to check off one feat.

Example:

Your coin flys from a cache in Toledo Ohio, all the way to a cache in Barcalona, Spain a distance of 4236 --- you now have a dilema since you can check off one (and only one) of the following feats:

9. moves over 3000 miles

4. visits another country

8. goes to a different continent

9. crosses the prime meridian

etc.

Note that you can can't cross off a feat at the time it happened, such as if it is dropped into another Spanish cache you can't check the (4. visits another country) since you are going from Spanish cache to Spanish cache.

There will be a guidelines sheet posted online and also mailed with the coins. Alot is going to depend on honesty and people's judgement.

I will email invoices from the two forums threads when I get a price from the minter. I am currently looking at a 3 coin set and a 4 coin set option. I don't want to settle on a price until I can make certain it is low enough to break even from the paypal fees etc.

Just wondering what one must do to "get on the list"? Pleae consider me to be late, but VERY interested.

Edited by Seal Rock George

before we choose our starting caches guys might I suggest an option with purchase to go into a group release overseas if we add say .50c for post and avroair contacts the travelingviking or oxshaker in germany, alexslytherin english and there's a NZlander whose email I can dig up who would be a responsible type. You probably have your own contacts.

Sounds good to me if someone wants to take responsibility --- I would also like to release one of my own racers in Australia and Europe.

yes it's no small responsibility. Any of the Stargate cache owners would be good bet to ask - theres a couple in australia - I'd choose one of those. My own cache meant as coin safehouse is too slooooow and I have to take them out myself and look for a new drop then like yesterday the cache is wet and mouldy or i can't find it..... - I have had a few coins (LOTS for tassie) through and I'm now pretty sure the cache down the road is secure and is a driveby so things will move.

Travelingviking maintains the Hanover TB safehouse so he'd be good to ask he LOVES moving tb's and oxshaker well he's the guy giving away soccer coins! -i wonder if the balloon counts- we haven't sent him one of ours yet.

I have invoiced most of you. If the invoice was for one set, and you want to bump it to 2 just add $25.50 to the total ($24.00 + paypal fees).

As for singles, I am not selling them quite yet since the minter generously donated 50 as prizes for people who move your racers from cache to cache (they will have a monthly chance to win a free coin as a prize). It's a great incentive to keep the coins moving.

I still have sets let if people are interested.

OH and it's avroair@sbcglobal.net (not nt)

Edited by avroair