Around the World in 80 Caches Geocoin Game

avroair

Here is the preliminary coin design for the:

987d45bc-d510-4987-9869-f9dacf066146.jpg

Let me know what you think, I plan to do some tweaking, probably reduce the colors.

Size: about 1.5"

Metal Color: Gold

Cost: undetermined --- they would be as close to cost as possible probably $9.00 for singles and $24.00 for the 4 coin set.

Availability: Coin will be sold in discounted 'race packs' and as singles for collectors

How it Works:

(1) Participants would get 2 'Race' coins (a racer and a spare)

(2) They would also get a race exclusive variant in a different color and metal (probably red and black nickel)

(3) A Winner Circle coin would also be handed to feat winners

Feats:

There will be 80 feats (or goals) broken down into 8 categories: mileage, movement markers, activity, caches, buddies, hollywood, transportation and fun\unusal stuff --- details to come later

Other stuff: A race traveller tag will accompany each coin (the design has a hole in it for attaching) and an authentic guidelines sheet. The game will be self-motivated so cachers are responsible for keeping score of their own coins. Multiple entries allowed.

Duration: Official Race will last 160 days. And start on a specified date.

Trackable Coins will be trackable and include an icon.

The icon would either be a balloon or this motif:

08554ce0-079b-4c90-94cf-f6a5ee0af5b4.jpg

Any questions, suggestions or queries? :laughing:

Let me know what you think, I plan to do some tweaking, probably reduce the colors.

Cost: undetermined --- they would be as close to cost as possible probably $9.00 for singles and $24.00 for the 4 coin set.

Availability: Coin will be sold in discounted 'race packs' and as singles for collectors

How it Works:

(2) They would also get a race exclusive variant in a different color and metal (probably red and black nickel)

Feats:

There will be 80 feats (or goals) broken down into 8 categories: mileage, movement markers, activity, caches, buddies, hollywood, transportation and fun\unusal stuff --- details to come later

Other stuff: A race traveller tag will accompany each coin (the design has a hole in it for attaching) and an authentic guidelines sheet. The game will be self-motivated so cachers are responsible for keeping score of their own coins. Multiple entries allowed.

Any questions, suggestions or queries? :laughing:

Looks Great! Can't wait for the race to start! :laughing:

Very Nice!

But I do not care for that icon. You can not make out the features looks too much like a plain gold circle. Go for the balloon shape one.

Also say you enter the race and buy a race pack but sadly your coin never completes any feats do you still get a Winner Circle coin??

Aw man! I was gonna keep that a secret! :laughing: Yes, everyone 'wins' a winner circle coin. I just have to come up with 80 unique categories. The coins are not being sold for profit, it is an attempt to have some fun and put some coins into caches. (the collectors will have a spare for their collection and the coin cachers will have a spare if their first one gets lost).

Does 4 coins for at most $ 24 (with tracking and icon) and each will have a custom metal traveler tag sound like a profit to you? :laughing: If the minting costs come down I will also lower the price. I like the balloon being an icon more too. Thanks PofSAM :laughing:

Gotta finish the coin design first. Any other ideas or suggestions?

oops I ruined the secret.......:D :D SORRY! :D

Thanks for clearing that up.

4 coins for $24 ROCKS! It is a deal and a half. :D :D

I really like the design how it is. It looks great! The only thing I would change if anything would be instead of geocoin event make it geocoin game or geocoin race.

Can't wait to get started! :D

How it Works:

Feats:

Any questions, suggestions or queries? :D

these are really really nice..

put me in for a set

oops I ruined the secret.......:D :D SORRY! :D

Thanks for clearing that up.

4 coins for $24 ROCKS! It is a deal and a half. :D :D

I really like the design how it is. It looks great! The only thing I would change if anything would be instead of geocoin event make it geocoin game or geocoin race.

Can't wait to get started! :D

Good suggestion, I will change the wording. I never pre-think the wording so sometimes I mess a couple of ideas wrongly. Any other wording changes? :D

Is it just me or did the bigger icon disappear. No I didn't intend to remove the white background the icon page is white and I am not sure how to do it with a jpeg or gif. Clipping paths are usually eps files.

You could do it with a transparent gif file. But you are right that the page is white, so a white box doesn't really matter.

I am finalizing the design this week, thanks for the input people.

Greets perhaps it should read The Great Geocoin "race" instead of "event" since this is a race not a event ?? Glenn

EDIT to add OR "Game" As per title of thread ??

Yeah I changed that and posted the old version by mistake :(

Why so slow? :D

Fundage! :D (or lack of!) :D Should be ready to mint in the next couple of weeks and I don't want to put more than one coin on pre-order (mainly because I hate it when others do that and partially because I won't be able to keep track of what's what). I sent the design proof to the coin minters and they are a bit tied up right now. Should be soon though.

Mark

Avroair

Edited by avroair