Google Earth Not Active in Mapsource

jmason4531

Hi,

It seems that my Google Earth function in Mapsource is not active/available (menu item is greyed out). Can't figure out why. Any thoughts? I have a current Google Earth Plus account, with Google Earth installed on the PC. I have a very recent (if not the most recent) version of Mapsource installed.

Thanks,

Jeff

I also have a problem with viewing on Google earth. When selecting to view iin Google Earth from Mapsource I get the message:

Unable to run Google Earth (2). Please reinstall it ands try again.

I've tried re-installing a number of times - but still have the same problem.

Be aware that Google Earth apparently uses a lot of video processing power. If you are using an older computer (3-4 years) with a small graphics card, you may be having memory problems.

Also, I've noiticed that if AOL is open and I try to use Google Earth on an older computer, it freezes up and will not start (in either video mode.)

I was hoping to find out if there was a way to download a file from Geocaching.com that can be used with Google Earth, that will show the caches in a given region. I have Google Earth installed and it works fine, but I do not know where to go from here... If anyone know if this is possible, I would greatly appriciate it. Oh, I heard about this on Podcacher.com and have already posted the same question there, I was hoping to try here as well.

Thanks for your attention,

Your fellow cacher, XplorerOne.

I was hoping to find out if there was a way to download a file from Geocaching.com that can be used with Google Earth, that will show the caches in a given region. ... Your fellow cacher, XplorerOne.

Yes, and Yes.

(1) Any cache GPX file you download, or get from a pocket query, can be opened/viewed in Google Earth .. drag and drop baby!

(2) Go to your Account page, in lower right look for "Google Mapping Features" for a link to 'buildnetworkkml.aspx' which will open in Google Earth. This is a dynamic link, and refreshes as you zoom or scroll in the world map.