First To Find

QFC

Just thought I quickly start a new topic before heading home, and check to see if there are any new caches in the area that I can make a dash for. Lately there have been quite a few new caches in the our area, and they have all been found within a day or two. Is it just me or is the competition in Gauteng heating up a bit <_< - If you feel like sharing a ftf story, please do so now... oh, and what is the average time a cache remains unfound in the western cape (I actually mean in the city, or populated areas) - cause in Joburg, if you don't spot the cache on the first day, there is a good chance you won't make the ftf! :laughing: - maybe I will write more tomorrow... got to dash! Charlie from QFC

Today while caching with 1 part of LOC, she was complaining how she never gets a FTF and that a certain team keeps on beating her to it. We were busy driving on the highway after a long day of caching, we checked to see on my phone if there were any new caches to do before we were done for the day.

Up popped one not too far from where we were (with no logs!!!) so off we race, with the phone in one hand, and the other hand pointing to which button to press on my GPS to input coordinates. The cops drive past so I have to quickly hide the cell phone & the GPS. The car was weaving all over the road as I did not have enough hands to drive with!

We are sceptical that we will get a FTF as they seem to get found within the 1st few hours of getting published, but luckily we find a nice new logbook with no writing in it!!!

Well done to LOC on your 1st FTF!!!

Just to bring out the old forum topic:

We had fun for the last few months chasing FTF’s in Pta and Jhb and even some comments in the logs and on the forum of our FTF’s. (Thanks we loved it) :unsure::)

We enjoyed it but decided to take it easy from now on and sit back and provide the other cachers some of the fun, and hopefully all the new cachers to join in. :D:laughing:

But be warned: if a cache jumps in front of the cache mobile……..FTF :)

More a case of how far for a FTF.... I did just on about 360km round trip to do a FTF on the same day it was listed. One I did a few days after it was placed to get a FTF, round trip over 400km. Lucky for me I work the area they were dropped in. Eish! The problem is I can wait a week and no-one even attempts to find things round here. And then even after I get the FTF it is months before anyone else tries to find the caches. Just hope that people will start getting active in this area. I also wanna race for the FTF....

I can get to any of four provinces 40Km from my house (Mpumalanga, North West, Limpopo and staying in Gauteng). Thanks Cincol for your caches but staying North of Pretoria it is easy going on the new N4 to Rustenburg just 90Km from me. Just remember my office is 95Km South from my home so traveling the 90Km West is a breeze.

Edited by RedGlobe

While still staying in Durban i used to watch the screen like a hawk and try to pounce on any new cache, then Die Pienaars arrived on the scene and i started to get beaten to the find, so i decided to leave the country. Now that im here in N/Ireland the only other cacher here is not active at all so im the one placing new cache's here. For me to find a FTF now would require a good 60-70km trip but guaranteed by the time i get there it will be gone as there are more active cachers in the area.

I really enjoyed finding Noddys Caterpillar cache it took me 2 days to find even with another cacher trying to find it too, but was determined to find it as a few days before the placement i saw him loitering around the said cache.

Ha I can claim a FTF in a good time while down in Durbs for the Inspector is coming to town event cache. Although it was with Noddy and Global Rat. We were having a good chat over a few drinks after the event and Noddy thought he would check to see if any new caches were published in the area while we were enjoying the event. And sure as can be, there was one published, just a kilo or so away. So what do we do.... we hop into the car and go find it. We get the FTF in a joint effort. And with just over 2100 finds between the three of us, we forget to bring a pen along. So off we go to find a pen with cache in hand. What madness....... But a FTF is a FTF.

Oh did I mention this was all done at 1am in the morning.