Empty Category Searching?

ju66l3r

Other than browsing the entire tree, is there a way anyone has found to locate categories with 0 waymarks?

I'd like to help out categories that are taking it on the nose since being created. I've found sometimes it just takes a few in a category to get people motivated to find others in their areas.

Is there a way for non-premium members to find a list of these categories quickly?

Is there a PQ-like way for premium members?

Along with "Most Popular" and so on at the top of the directory page, could a "Orphaned Categories" or something like that be put up there to grab any 0-member categories for a search result?

you are out of luck for the non-PM options.

who knows what this new release is to allow for 'manipulation' of data. it is after the first of the month, and little forum posting about it.

i would like to see the 'largest' offered in reverse ('smallest'). BDT has made a posting that there about 350 categories. the largest page only displays the largest 200.

in the meantime, you can, on the directory page, display according to size....this will then place the number of waymarks after the heading. thos with none will have a zero. you will have to navigate the tree though.

i use this methodology to find out what group has what number of marks, and how many the other(s) are behind (RUSBM has about 1150, where as USNRHP has about 950). when RUSBM, PA Hist Mark, & McDs were playing the leader shuffle i had told BDT that he had potentially the largest possible Waymarking category in his hands. it might still live up to than prediction, but it seems that the NRHP is going to get its turn to lead for a while.