Ideas Ideas Ideas

wandat24

I’ve been wanting to do something with my daughter’s class dealing with Geocaching. I have also thought about maybe an event for the 4 corners here (of course anyone who wants to can participate/join in either one).

I’ve thought about just doing a fun day with the class and show them how things work, but got to thinking it may be fun to host an event on a weekend and have all sorts of people come and hold a “training class” for those who want to learn. I’m leery about the event though, because I want to invite the class and perhaps a few other classes. Can I put up fliers around town for it? Which would be best? I thought about posting this on the forums for my area, but not real sure if many local cachers look at them. I don’t know of many groups nearby. The only one I can think of (or find for that matter) is the one in Tulsa, and I’m a ways from there. So, I decided to come here and the opinion from everyone. Do any of you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments about it? Have any of you ever done something like this? I hope to be able to get some local cachers to help out with it. It’d make it a bit easier on me if I wasn’t the only one.

If it were me, I think I would start small and try it with one class or a Scout troop and see how it goes before inviting the general public. Or you might invite the class and their families.

For other cachers who might help out, is there a college near you? Maybe they have a geocaching student organization, or outdoor activities staff. How about a sporting goods store? Salespeople might be willing to demonstrate their GPS units.

If it were me, I think I would start small and try it with one class or a Scout troop and see how it goes before inviting the general public. Or you might invite the class and their families.

For other cachers who might help out, is there a college near you? Maybe they have a geocaching student organization, or outdoor activities staff. How about a sporting goods store? Salespeople might be willing to demonstrate their GPS units.

There's a college close by (in next town) I may check and see if they do. Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.