San Diego 2007 Geocaching Bash

redstareg

I think it's time that we have a MEGA event in Southern California!!!

The date will be Saturday, June 23, 2007 at will be at the Emabarcadero Marina Park South - right behind the convention center and located close to most of the downtown hotels.

The event will coincide with the ESRI 2007 User's Conference which takes place June 16th-22nd. For those of you that are unfamiliar with ESRI, they are the largest GIS (Geographical Information System) modeling and mapping software and technology. On any given day, more than 1,000,000 people use ESRI's GIS to improve the way their organizations conduct business.

The ERSI User's Conference brings thousands of people to San Diego each year and many of them are Geocachers!!

I have been in contact with ESRI, as well as several vendors, lots of Geocachers and Groundspeak regarding the event and so far the event planning has been very well received!!

Lots of games, caching, contests, food, drink and much much more planned for the day and into the night. One group of cachers from Redlands, California is also going to try to break their record of grabbing 234 caches in a 24 hour period - I think they will need some competition???

I am going to be asking several Geocachers from the San Diego area to assist in planning by sitting in on a planning commitee. We will meet monthly to go over details, ideas, activities and anything we'll need to pull the event off without a hitch. If you are interested in sitting in with us, please contact me directly at price.gc@gmail.com and let me know!!

Edited by redstareg

The date will be Saturday, June 23, 2007 at will be at the Emabarcadero Marina Park South - right behind the convention center and located close to most of the downtown hotels.

The event will coincide with the ESRI 2007 User's Conference which takes place June 16th-22nd. For those of you that are unfamiliar with ESRI, they are the largest GIS (Geographical Information System) modeling and mapping software and technology. On any given day, more than 1,000,000 people use ESRI's GIS to improve the way their organizations conduct business.

The ERSI User's Conference brings thousands of people to San Diego each year and many of them are Geocachers!!

I have been in contact with ESRI, as well as several vendors, lots of Geocachers and Groundspeak regarding the event and so far the event planning has been very well received!!

Lots of games, caching, contests, food, drink and much much more planned for the day and into the night. One group of cachers from Redlands, California is also going to try to break their record of grabbing 234 caches in a 24 hour period - I think they will need some competition???

I am going to be asking several Geocachers from the San Diego area to assist in planning by sitting in on a planning commitee. We will meet monthly to go over details, ideas, activities and anything we'll need to pull the event off without a hitch. If you are interested in sitting in with us, please contact me directly at price.gc@gmail.com and let me know!!

Great idea, Tony!

I'm already asking for those days off!

Can't wait!

D!

You are the man!

Count me in I will help when/where I can depending on my situation.

Thanks

PS I hope the Record breaking attempt does not involve splitting up or signing the outside of the cache...also known as cheating.

Need to make sure this doesn't conflict with plans to hold Geowoodstock in SD in '07. Habu! was spearheading that effort...

I was under the impression that they had made the choice to hold GW5 in North Carolina on May 26, 2007?

Maybe I have some bad info?

gw_logo_front_500.gif

www.geowoodstock5.com

Guess there's know need to worry about it now. :D

Put my name on that list too. If the San Diego crew can put on a bigger event, that can only help to entice the Geowoodstock in the future.

:laughing: Tony...we'll help ya however we can. I have no idea where we'll be in June next year..John might be moved or on a ship at sea, but we'll definitely help with the prep work. Just let us know.... r/ jl

Count us in too Tony! Not sure what is happening on the work-front for sure, but looks like i will soon be off the shift work. :anicute: Yeah! Let me know when the first "planning" meetings are happening!

I'm finally getting a couple days off to work on the event planning and as soon as I catch up on my email I'll set a date for the first planning meeting.

Count us in too Tony! Not sure what is happening on the work-front for sure, but looks like i will soon be off the shift work. B) Yeah! Let me know when the first "planning" meetings are happening!

I'm finally getting a couple days off to work on the event planning and as soon as I catch up on my email I'll set a date for the first planning meeting.

How about we meet for half and hour befor the pizza/coin thing on the 30th and also at the camp-out????

Count us in too Tony! Not sure what is happening on the work-front for sure, but looks like i will soon be off the shift work. :unsure: Yeah! Let me know when the first "planning" meetings are happening!

How about we meet for half and hour befor the pizza/coin thing on the 30th and also at the camp-out????

Meeting up before the coin event sounds like a great plan.

As for the campout - looks like I'm going to have to miss it this years becasue I forgot I have to go to Vegas for work :unsure:

I'll send out an email to eveyone.

Is this still on? Haven't seen anything.

redstareg has been MIA for about 6 months now :anibad:

Am I reading this right??? This Mega Event is happening in a month? :anibad:

Splashette :o Wait a minute..........this is OLD news......that guy seems to be MIA

Edited by splashman

Am I reading this right??? This Mega Event is happening in a month? :anibad:

Splashette :o Wait a minute..........this is OLD news......that guy seems to be MIA

Then again their could be a Mega Event in the Desert in OCT :D:o

There sure was a lot there last year :D You all come on out out :D:D

I am assuming this event is a no-go.

Never ASSuME anything.

PS, this was a no go from the start ;)

I wouldn't say that.

Tony was really intent on doing this.

I'm not sure what happened, but sometimes life gets in the way of geocaching.

D!