California Geocoin 2006

Lakersfan559

The California Geocoin 2006 Clearance Sale is on now!!! :angry:

Dont get this coin confused with a different and also very beautiful California Coin currently on the market. California is just so special it needs two separate coins to reflect its beauty and uniqueness.

California Geocoin 2006 Front

California Geocoin 2006 Back

The California Geocoin 2006 is trackable at Geocaching.com and has its own unique Miniature California State Flag Icon.

There was only 500 total coins made. 250 of the gold (Shown in Above Links), 150 of the silver, and only 100 of the antique copper Platings. Original artwork was created by Richard Fisher.

If you would like to purchase and own a complete set, I will give a new clearance discounted price of $30.00

You will get:

(1) Gold Plated California Geoccoin 2006

(1) Silver Plated California Geoccoin 2006

(1) Antique Copper Plated California Geoccoin 2006

* Free Shipping within the USA (only applies When purchasing a complete set of coins)

(If outside the USA, please contact me so we can discuss shipping charges.) :P

Otherwise prices are as follows:

Gold Plating $8.00 + $2.00 Shipping charge = $10.00

Silver Plating $9.00 + $2.00 Shipping charge = $11.00

Antique Copper Patting $9.99 + $2.00 Shipping charge = $11.99

There is a $1.00 shipping charge for each additional item purchased.

Hurry and get yours now while Supplies last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

To order, use the following links to Cointracking.com (Registration is free if not a member): Paypal is this sellers prefered method of payment.

Set of all three plattings

Antique Copper

Silver Platting

Gold Platting

You can get your activation code(s) at the following link. :angry:Activation Codes

Thanks again,

Todd (Lakerfan559) Contact me at BballToddster604@aol.com

I cant win for losing on this forum. This is the first post I put on here and I have already been critisized to no extent. :tired: I actually have had my coins on sale long before this coin came out and have been selling them on various sites. I did not come up with the name for the other coin which I might add is a very attractive coin and I will be purchasing one.

I have been on GC.com since January or february of this year and have not been able to access this forum. I finally gave up on notifying people of the problem and created a new account and just recentely have been able to get on and post.

In no way am I trying to decieve, trick or confuse anyone into buying my geocoin and it really offends me that I am being accused of doing so. All I ask is that fellow cachers, if they wish, can look at my coin and decide for themselves if they would like to purchase one.

I got into geocaching to get off my butt and go places I hadn't seen and do things I hadn't done and hopfully meet friendly cool people along the way. Come on geonuts, Give me a break!!! :laughing:

Thanks,

Todd (Lakerfan559)

I cant win for losing on this forum. This is the first post I put on here and I have already been critisized to no extent. :tired: I actually have had my coins on sale long before this coin came out and have been selling them on various sites. ...

Isn't this the coin that was on eBay a while ago and came up as an item for discussion in the California geocoin design thread?

I'll add my two cents as nicely as I can.

The reason that you may feel some animosity (although I only see two others posts here), is that we (collectively, led by Dillon Gang) have been doing California Geocoins for the past three years as a group.

It's been a group effort, with input on design, tracking, etc. - not an individual putting out a coin with no input from others.

You say that you didn't have access to these forums, but you obviously had to know about them to know about the coin "craze". Then you went off and did another California coin and even snatched the California flag as the icon. All this without any input from the coin community in here.

Now, there will be floks that say that California is big enough for two coins, anybody has the "right" to make any coin, etc. - but you asked, so I'm shedding some light.

Nice looking coin!

I'll order one! (or maybe 2!)

Good job!

:tired:

The California Geocoin 2006 Clearance Sale is on now!!! :laughing:

Dont get this coin confused with a different and also very beautiful California Coin currently on the market. California is just so special it needs two separate coins to reflect its beauty and uniqueness.

The California Geocoin 2006 is trackable at Geocaching.com and has its own unique Miniature California State Flag Icon.

There was only 500 total coins made. 250 of the gold (Shown in Above Links), 150 of the silver, and only 100 of the antique copper Platings. Original artwork was created by Richard Fisher.

If you would like to purchase and own a complete set, I will give a new clearance discounted price of $30.00

You will get:

* Free Shipping within the USA (only applies When purchasing a complete set of coins)

(If outside the USA, please contact me so we can discuss shipping charges.) :laughing:

Hurry and get yours now while Supplies last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tired:

To order, use the following links to Cointracking.com (Registration is free if not a member): Paypal is this sellers prefered method of payment.

Antique Copper

Silver Platting

Gold Platting

You can get your activation code(s) at the following link. :laughing:Activation Codes

Thanks again,

I cant win for losing on this forum. This is the first post I put on here and I have already been critisized to no extent. :laughing: I actually have had my coins on sale long before this coin came out and have been selling them on various sites. I did not come up with the name for the other coin which I might add is a very attractive coin and I will be purchasing one.

I have been on GC.com since January or february of this year and have not been able to access this forum. I finally gave up on notifying people of the problem and created a new account and just recentely have been able to get on and post.

In no way am I trying to decieve, trick or confuse anyone into buying my geocoin and it really offends me that I am being accused of doing so. All I ask is that fellow cachers, if they wish, can look at my coin and decide for themselves if they would like to purchase one.

I got into geocaching to get off my butt and go places I hadn't seen and do things I hadn't done and hopfully meet friendly cool people along the way. Come on geonuts, Give me a break!!! :tired:

Thanks,

Todd (Lakerfan559)

Saw your beautiful coin on ebay It is a neat coin. We had been working on the coin for a while in the forums so thought about the dilemna. So i sent off a few emails to the top brass and major inputers to the past CA coins and the general feeling was California is big enough for 2 coins. Even coinsidered changing the year to 2007 to avoid confusion. Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with the forums. with your drive and talent added to the pool here in the forums, 2007 should be the coin to see!!!

Don't give up on us friendly geocachers...we are just opinionated!

Lol I love that smiley in the previous post. :laughing:

Well, since were are being nice and all, then I would just like to say that during the creative process of the making of my coin, I consulted with my FRIENDS. The people that started me on this great adventure of geocaching. We all have support systems that we rely upon and since I could not discuss it in here, due to the fact I was unable to access this forum, its true that you all were not involved in the making of this coin. In fact it was a result of hard work put in by both myself and my Dad. My real goal in making this coin was to build an avenue of communication between myself and my Dad and my goal has been met. There are hundreds if not thousands of Geocoins on the market today, and out of all those, how many has the COMMUNITY had creative input on. Not many I'm sure, yet I'm the bad guy. :laughing:

But in regards to my knowledge about the discussions of a California Coin in this forum, its true, I have an informant amoungst you all. Well actually four guys that work in shifts so I can monitor the posts 24/7 lol. Ok thats not really true but the controversy started, if you remember, when MY FINNISHED California coin, that took 3 months to produce, was put up for sale on eBay. A Friend of mine did inform me that it was creating some ruckus in the forum. Thats the first time I had ever heard there was another California coin even being thought of. In my discussion with my geo friends, I was under the impression that there was no other California coin out there that was trackable on GC.com and had a unique Icon. So I simply was filling the void for a well done state coin that would reflect California's beauty and what a cacher could expirience while adventuring inside the golden state. :tired:

Anyway, I believe this thread really violates the forum guidlines, since this convo really is not about MY CALIFONIA GEOCOIN 2006. :tired:

Oh and thanks hirlas, I appreciate the complement.

Todd (Lakerfan559)

email sent

The California Geocoin 2006 Clearance Sale is on now!!! :blink:

You will get:

(If outside the USA, please contact me so we can discuss shipping charges.) :laughing:

Hurry and get yours now while Supplies last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

Antique Copper

Silver Platting

Gold Platting

You can get your activation code(s) at the following link. :blink:Activation Codes

Thanks again,

But in regards to my knowledge about the discussions of a California Coin in this forum, its true, I have an informant amoungst you all. Well actually four guys that work in shifts so I can monitor the posts 24/7 lol. Ok thats not really true but the controversy started, if you remember, when MY FINNISHED California coin, that took 3 months to produce, was put up for sale on eBay. A Friend of mine did inform me that it was creating some ruckus in the forum. Thats the first time I had ever heard there was another California coin even being thought of. In my discussion with my geo friends, I was under the impression that there was no other California coin out there that was trackable on GC.com and had a unique Icon. So I simply was filling the void for a well done state coin that would reflect California's beauty and what a cacher could expirience while adventuring inside the golden state. :laughing:

Don't let us curmudgeons get you down. I'm sure if the above knowledge was known earlier, there may have been fewer hard feelings with regards to the trackable Calif geocoin that was already being discussed in these forums. We will get over it and will come to enjoy having two geocoin icons for our state. <_<

--Marky

Forgive me since I get confused quickly, so there are two california coins or just two threads for the same coin?

I have been unable to view the coins. Which orgznizations are putting out which coin? State coins are only supposed to be released by organizations right? That was the original stipulation given to me when we did the New Jersey coin. Just trying to get some clarification.

Can you please attach a photo link that works?

Opinions aside, here are the facts:

Forgive me since I get confused quickly, so there are two california coins or just two threads for the same coin?

Two seperate coins.

I have been unable to view the coins. Which orgznizations are putting out which coin? State coins are only supposed to be released by organizations right? That was the original stipulation given to me when we did the New Jersey coin. Just trying to get some clarification.

The coin put out by Dillion Gang was a collaborative effort from the folks in these forums.

This coin was put out by the OP and a few friends (I think).

Can you please attach a photo link that works?

a0_2.JPG

As a newbie lurking these discussions for some time now, I admit, even I was shocked by this first post of another tadpole. I literally cringed in front my computer...

I first saw these on CoinTracking.com, so I got a couple in gold. Reasonably priced, purchased online, and shipped in less than a week, I was very pleased. It is a different style coin, but they are big, heavy, trackable, and really kinda beautiful.

Politics aside, I have room in my collection for this as well as The Dillon Gang's coin.

So said by a native Californian. :laughing:

I really do like this coin because it's a little different from what we're used to. I'd like to get one through a trade if anyone's interested in a Yime.

Regarding the matter of two California coins: Ultimately, the court of opinion and the purchasing power of the geocoin community has the last word on what they prefer. That being said, I still won't hesitate to get the other coin, because I do prefer state coins that are done by a group or otherwise recognized organization within the state.

Like OROBORUS said, there's room in my collection for both. Although there's not a lot of room on my art desk because of all these coins arriving! :laughing:

I would like to say that I do appologize to The Dillon Gang and all that had creative input in the making of the other California coin. It was not my intent to offend anyone or bully my way into making a coin. I am still a newby to this sport and the making of coins and simply still have alot to learn. I was not aware of nor was i told about having to be apart of an organization to produce a State coin. Who makes these rules? Anyway from what I heard it doesnt apply in California.

I would like to thank kealia for posting a picture of my coin. I have no idea how to do that and appreciate you doing that for the thread. Is anyone else having a problem veiwing the coin via the links provided? It works for me. And also kealia, what does OP stand for? Is that an organization in Cali?

I would also like to thank everyone for the positive posts and emails recieved. It makes me feel alot better and not so alienated so thanks. :laughing:

Sales are going well on this coin and I am working deals with people for multiple coin (5+) purchases. Simply email me and I can send you a Paypal invoice for an agreed upon price.

Just so you all know, I do plan on making another coin. But it will NOT be a state coin lol. :laughing:

Thanks again,

Todd (Lakerfan559) :laughing:

Just so you all know, I do plan on making another coin. But it will NOT be a state coin lol. <_<

Thanks again,

Todd (Lakerfan559) :blink:

your input on 2007 would be appreciated...perhaps maybe its time to hand over the ca project to new blood...

I believe you should do what you want to do. I believe the CA project is currently in good hands.

Sure thing!! I'll save one just for you to trade for yours. If you would like more for caches or whatever, just let me know how many and what plattings, and I can send you an invoice via Paypal.

I'm really currious what your coin will look like. I'm sure very creative and a little bit nuts lol!!! Gotta love it.

Todd (lakerfan559)

Just to give you an updated number of California Geocoins 2006 that are left. I still have around 55 of the Gold Platted coin left for sale, 50 of the Silver Platted coin left for sale and only around 20 of the Bronze Platted coin left for sale. I have been selling approximately 5 coins per night which means a trip to the post office daily and I should sell out by the end of this month. I also plan to relist on eBay sometime this week and they go pretty quickly on there at the eight an nine dollar price tag. So If you plan on purchasing 1 or 20, please contact me ASAP!!! :anibad:

I will be posting the Silver and the Gold Platted California Geocoin 2006 on eBay tonight around 7 PM Pacific time. They will be "buy it now" and the prices are still the same as everywhere else the coins are listed. This will be another very convienient way of purchasing the coin without having to go to that other site.

Thanks,

Todd (Lakerfan559)

Edited by Lakersfan559

I went caching in the Fresno area yesterday morning and afternoon. I had a great day caching with a buddie of mine. I decided to leave one of my new unactivated California Geocoins 2006 in a cache for the next lucky finder. Cache is GCK958 "Fresno TB Convention Center." Remember that you can activate these coins at the following link Activate Good Luck!!! :laughing:

Edited by Lakersfan559

I want to thank all of you that sent me the woderfull positive feedback on this coin B) . I would like to also thank everyone that purchased the California Geocoin 2006. I have very few coins left and would like to make 25 of the Silver edition available for trade offeres. You can Either Email me at BballToddster604@aol.com or simply respond on this thread B) .

Thanks again,

Todd (Lakerfan559) B)

I want to thank all of you that sent me the woderfull positive feedback on this coin B) . I would like to also thank everyone that purchased the California Geocoin 2006. I have very few coins left and would like to make 25 of the Silver edition available for trade offeres. You can Either Email me at BballToddster604@aol.com or simply respond on this thread B) .

Thanks again,

Todd (Lakerfan559) B)

You better be saving me one!

I don't mean to stir the pot.. but if someone wants to make a coin and they do... they are entitled to sell their coin... there is no monopoly on geocoins!

I have to agree. I mean this is America isn't it?

I got you covered Nutlady. I was really glad to see your coin take off like it did. I hope you saw I was one of the first requesters of your coin in your thread. I'm expecting to get one of the LE coins B) .

I am only offering the Silver platting for trades currently. I do have coins available for purchase. I only have around 10 of the Antique copper left so they are reserved for buyers wanting a complete set of all 3 plattings. The Gold platting I have around 30 saved and the Silver plating I have maybe 40 saved. I want to keep alot of these coins for events and to release as well. I also enjoy placing them into caches in different cities I go to after caching in the area for the day as a "thank you" to the cachers in the area. I just recently did this in the Fresno area.

Thanks,

Todd (Lakerfan559)

I got a diamond in the mail today!! A Geodiamond :mad: . The first trade is completed. I do want to do my nightly update of the number of Silver California Geocoins 2006 that are still up for trade. There are 6 coins still up for trade. Please know though you can still purchase the coins or set of coins from the link provided on the initial thread posting.

Thanks,

Todd (Lakerfan559)

********* :D Liquidation Sale :D ************

I did an actual inventory of the coins I have on hand and have decided to offer the remaining quantities at liquidation pricing. I am currently accepting emails from anyone interested in purchasing the California Geocoin 2006 at this new low price. Remember, this coin is trackable @ GC.com and has its own unique icon. The prices and quantities available are,

Gold California Geocoin 2006- $7.00 shipped(USA only) (10 coins available and will be sold on a first come first serve basis) :D

Silver California Geocoin 2006- $7.50 shipped(USA only) (30 coins available and will be sold on a first come first serve basis. *Will accept trade offeres for this coin as well) :D

Complete set of the California Geocoin 2006(all 3 plattings)- $23.50 shipped(USA only) (20 sets available and will be sold on a first come first serve basis.) :D

Buyers outside of USA, please email me for adjusted pricing due to increased shipping charges. :D

Please take advantage of this offer quickly as supplies are limited. You can reserve your Coin(s) by emailing me directly at BballToddster604@aol.com, or simply by responding to this thread. :D

Thanks again to you all, :D

Todd (Lakerfan559) :D

Edited by Lakersfan559

I just sent you an email for one of the gold ones for $7.

********* :P Liquidation Sale :D ************

I did an actual inventory of the coins I have on hand and have decided to offer the remaining quantities at liquidation pricing. I am currently accepting emails from anyone interested in purchasing the California Geocoin 2006 at this new low price. Remember, this coin is trackable @ GC.com and has its own unique icon. The prices and quantities available are,

Gold California Geocoin 2006- $7.00 shipped(USA only) (10 coins available and will be sold on a first come first serve basis) :(

Silver California Geocoin 2006- $7.50 shipped(USA only) (30 coins available and will be sold on a first come first serve basis. *Will accept trade offeres for this coin as well) :D

Complete set of the California Geocoin 2006(all 3 plattings)- $23.50 shipped(USA only) (20 sets available and will be sold on a first come first serve basis.) :lol:

Buyers outside of USA, please email me for adjusted pricing due to increased shipping charges. :(

Please take advantage of this offer quickly as supplies are limited. You can reserve your Coin(s) by emailing me directly at BballToddster604@aol.com, or simply by responding to this thread. B)

Thanks again to you all, :P

Todd (Lakerfan559) :(