Changing coordinates

chizu

I need to change the coordinates for the start of a multi cache I have placed (GCXFDY) due to vandalism at the original location. The new cordinates are only about 50 m from the original and just further along the river from the orignal. However, it says the original coordinates are too far away from the original and I must create a new listing for the coordinates. I don'twant to do this as a few people have already found the cache and the location of the final cache has not changed. Is there any way around this (maybe a kind moderator?)

I need to change the coordinates for the start of a multi cache I have placed (GCXFDY) due to vandalism at the original location. The new cordinates are only about 50 m from the original and just further along the river from the orignal. However, it says the original coordinates are too far away from the original and I must create a new listing for the coordinates. I don'twant to do this as a few people have already found the cache and the location of the final cache has not changed. Is there any way around this (maybe a kind moderator?)

Are you sure you didn't make a typo? You should be able to move coordinates 0.1 miles (~160 meters) with no problems. In case you need to move the starting point further, send a message with explanation and new coordinates to the reviewer who published the cache.

You can only alter the coordinates to a little over 100 feet as I recall. But as Vesak said, post a reviewer note that you need to change them. There might even be a new log type for altering the coordinates. I'd look but like everyone else right now. The site seems to be having issues.

No no. Please do not post a reviewer note. Reviewer notes never go to the reviewers. They only auto-delete when a cache is listed. In the past, we had to manually delete notes back and forth. The reviewer note was created to make is so these notes auto-delete when listed/approved. Reviewer notes on an approved cache page are not mailed to the reviewers specifically.

Send the reviewer an email. They can easily fix your cache. The person who listed your cache is shown down at the bottom of your cache page.