Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
chizu

You know you're addicted to Geocaching when...

22 posts in this topic

... you use your GPSr to go to the local store for a bottle of milk (and you label the final destination as M1LK) :angry: any other suggestions?

whenever you plan to go anywhere you call and ask for coords before heading out.

You find a message in a bottle on the beach, pull out the message, sign it, and throw the bottle back into the surf.

ok ok I should have searched the forums first - feel free to close this thread etc moderators.

You take a nasty, painful fall in the woods, leaving you bruised, scraped and the sorest you have been in years, and all you can think is "I HAVE to get home and log this!!!!!!!!"

ok ok I should have searched the forums first - feel free to close this thread etc moderators.

Ah, I was just kidding. It's not the first repeat topic, nor will it be the last. Let's see, I'm sure I could come up with something clever.

You know you're addicted if...uhm....

Ok, I still got nothing.

You know you are addicted when you need to go to a place and they don't have any coordinates listed.

-or-

You alwasy look up caches before you go anywhere.

You waypoint you car at the shopping mall.

or...You panic because you forgot to waypoint your car at the shopping mall.

:angry:

You're miserable with chigger bites :P , and you go back out in the woods again anyway. :P

When you get clever hiding ideas from the geocaching dream you had last night.

It's happened to me!

You have waders strapped to your mountain bike.

And when you spell mountain bike, you almost do it with numerals...

After moving into a new house, you mark the waypoint of every tree, bush and building on your property.

(No, I haven't done this yet, but I sure am considering it...)

You consider moving or changing jobs because you've already found all the geocaches between your current home and work.

(edited for wording)

Edited by darus67

When you spend your lunch break thinking of answers to "you know you're addicted...".

When you get clever hiding ideas from the geocaching dream you had last night.

It's happened to me!

DITTO!! and some nights I don't sleep at all because I've got an idea. Heck, I'll lay there 'til I figure out how to build, hide, and camo the thing. Then I can finally sleep ... nope, dang, now I have to write out the description. Ahhh, geocaching.

You take a nasty, painful fall in the woods, leaving you bruised, scraped and the sorest you have been in years, and all you can think is "I HAVE to get home and log this!!!!!!!!"

I think I can beat this one:

You take a nasty fall in the woods breaking all three bones in your left arm in four places. However on your way to the ER, you find 10 more caches and resolve 3 previous DNF's.

Edited by Right Wing Wacko

... you wait over 6 hours to go to the toilet because none of the cache sites had facilities at them

(Yep, last Saturday for me) :laughing:

Ah, I was just kidding. It's not the first repeat topic, nor will it be the last. Let's see, I'm sure I could come up with something clever.

You know you're addicted if...uhm....

Ok, I still got nothing.

You know your addicted to the forums if you Markwell the newbies! :anibad:

Wifey offers you one more chance at reconciliation.....and you lovingly punch in the remaining cords

to a nearby virgin cache, watching her sweet face of disappointment grow smaller in the rearview mirror!

:anibad: