New To Paperless Caching

jojojousa

:blink: I would really like to go paperless and am wondering what might be my best bet for a PDA that will cooperate. I saw blueberry pretty cheap on ebay, would I have to activate the phone part or would it work as is for paperless caching? :unsure:

I use a Sharp ZR5800 with 2M ram. It's 11 years old and only text screen. I desiged personal website around the gpx files and google maps. I use it to convert the gpx files into csv files for my Sharp. It's been working good for me few a few months now.

So my suggestion for going paperless... Anything will do.

When my sister-in-law (Ms Americache) bought a new Dell Axim handheld computer, she GAVE me her old one! Did I luck out or what? I use the MobiPocket reader (which is free to download from their website) to read the cache pages when necessary, and I write notes in the notepad on the handheld.

The first time I went completely paperless (2-3 weeks ago?) I felt VERY cool!!! :unsure:

PAPERLESS RULES!

When my sister-in-law (Ms Americache) bought a new Dell Axim handheld computer, she GAVE me her old one! Did I luck out or what? I use the MobiPocket reader (which is free to download from their website) to read the cache pages when necessary, and I write notes in the notepad on the handheld.

The first time I went completely paperless (2-3 weeks ago?) I felt VERY cool!!! :unsure:

PAPERLESS RULES!

Give gpx sonar a try - you will like it better - and it too is free. Also you get Cachemate for the PPC for only $8.

GPX Sonar allows you to view the individual cache pages that you have downloaded in your GPX files from your pocket query. It also allows you to edit how you see them, for instance if you select a cache you can have it list all other caches from the closest to the furthest. I believe it also lets you enter notes on the cache pages.

The only problem I have with this program is that it no longer supports the older windows operating system on my PDA, so if you are buying a used PDA make sure it is running the latest operating system and you will be good to go.