Gold Compass Rose 2006 Geocoin

sawblade5

I have to agree with Hula Bum, I have met Tess from Coins and Pins and I don't believe she would act in the fashion of which you describe. If people are driving the price up that isn't the fault of Coins and Pins and I just received an email that they are attempting to fix the problem before they put more coins out.

He is not creating artificial demand for them, the people bidding on them are. The sale has been postponed, they are NOT sold out, so why are people even bidding on them right now, why not wait until you don't get one before you start bidding?

And for goodness sake, it's a coin people, not a kidney. Seriously, reality check time.

We bid thinking they were sold out. Now that we know they aren't we asked to have our bid canceled... no response.

:tired:

Ok everybody - take a deep breath and relax.

We've heard what happened from the source so there's no need to speculate any more, mmm k?

Flying V - I'm guessing that they are busy working on cleaning up the orders and issues that they had and are probably not checking email every few minutes right now. I'm guessing that you just cancelled your order a short while ago - give it time.

Now, if things don't work out as expected, feel free to post in here (within the guidelines, of course) about the issue.

We've all seen what happens when we don't get answers in a few minutes - the torches come out.

We're not going to let that happen this time, right?

(This is where you all say "right!")

He is not creating artificial demand for them, the people bidding on them are. The sale has been postponed, they are NOT sold out, so why are people even bidding on them right now, why not wait until you don't get one before you start bidding?

And for goodness sake, it's a coin people, not a kidney. Seriously, reality check time.

he sent me an email which explained what was going on.

Maybe i shouldn't be so quick to assume that people are always trying to get over on each other.

People ,this is a website /order & hosting problem .... I do not believe it was a conceived plan to drive up prices.We do that by bidding on these coins.

That being said I personally beleive C&P should look at maybe finding a new tech guy as the order entry has never been real smooth on this site ...maybe check with some of the other sites as to who they use for tech.Just my $.02

Maybe i shouldn't be so quick to assume that people are always trying to get over on each other.

See? All's well that ends well.

Everybody in CoinLand is happy once again.

And they all went to bed with visions of Geocoins dancing in thier heads....

I understand the guys situation - hes not doing it on purpose..

PERSONALLY - If I owned the company... I wouldn't sell them on ebay when there was a snaffu like this.. but.. I usually take the moral highground... which is why i'm poor.

Is THAT what that rattling noise is???

Is THAT what that rattling noise is???

:tired: Jeez.....I thought it was my wife going through my coins, counting how many I had :laughing: .........Pheww...... :laughing::laughing::tired:

I understand the guys situation - hes not doing it on purpose..

PERSONALLY - If I owned the company... I wouldn't sell them on ebay when there was a snaffu like this.. but.. I usually take the moral highground... which is why i'm poor.

Um, many of those coins were posted on EBay -before- sales online had started and before any sort problems started with the website.

My favorite bum, too! :laughing:

So before I get accused of going off topic. It's looks like the bottom line is:

1) The coins are sweet

2) The issues with the website are swoot (lookitup)

3) There are coins listed on eBay that were listed pre-issue

4) Those that want to wait can wait and buy from C&P or potentially USA Geocoins

5) Those that can't wait can pay more on eBay

Did I get it all?

And yes, I am backing C&P just the way that others back other mints/coin makers that they've worked with.

Not that my endorsement carries much weight! :tired:

What I can say is that those that get the coin will be pleased.

Those that don't can offer me hordes of cash or years of indentured servitude.

We bid thinking they were sold out. Now that we know they aren't we asked to have our bid canceled... no response.

:tired:

You can retract your own bid. It's not really fair to ask the seller to do it for you.

True, but eBay suggests contacting the seller first. It doesn't matter though, we'll probably be out bid soon.

edited to add: Touched base with Aaron... all is well!

:laughing:

Edited by FlyinV

I emailed C&P about a order COMPLETE with a reciept from them, and the reply was

"We are not sure about your order status, Now I have faith my order to C&P will be forfilled, But if I actually WAS sucessfull they took my money for coins and shipping, I recieved a email order # and reciept, Think the answer to my email should have been since your order was COMPLETED you will get your coins. It stated that anyone that placed a order would be notified that there will be a delay :tired:

Order complete, money excepted, and reciept in my email,, seems direct enough that I should recieve my order,, and NOT be in question about a delay :laughing: ,, Glenn

Edited by glennk721

For those of us that got in on the USA Geocoin allotment what is the shipping schedule for those coins? Will they be delayed?

I also like AG can not wait to get some of the magic geocoins.....I loved my Magic 8 Ball!!! I will also most likely order some addtional CR at that time.

The whole situation has been most unfortunate for both the compnay and the consumer. Glad they are working hard to resolve it.

edit: speeling.....:tired:

Edited by ParentsofSAM

I'm happy to see things are getting resolved.

I only wish the email said they had LOTS of coins left to sell. I don't have high confidence I'll still be able to get one of these beauties with so much demand.

This feels very much like the scramble for an FTF - I don't have one of those either! :tired::D

/It's just a coin, it's just a coin, it's just a coin... :laughing:

This feels very much like the scramble for an FTF - I don't have one of those either! :tired::laughing:

Good comparison to a FTF! LOL!

Although I was unable to order a coin, I did receive a very nice email from Aaron (via their mailing list) that explained the situation. I am confident that they will get things straightened out. It will just take patience from everyone...and probably a lot of tylenol for Aaron & his tech staff. Technology is great when it works...frustrating when it doesn't. Aaron & Tess are great folks to work with...it stinks when bad things happen to good people.

For those of us that got in on the USA Geocoin allotment what is the shipping schedule for those coins? Will they be delayed?

No they will not. As is our policy we never invoice for coins we don't have in stock. Some of the orders went out yesterday and we should have them finished up 'hopefully' by tomorrow.

Thanks

I emailed C&P about a order COMPLETE with a reciept from them, and the reply was

"We are not sure about your order status, Now I have faith my order to C&P will be forfilled, But if I actually WAS sucessfull they took my money for coins and shipping, I recieved a email order # and reciept, Think the answer to my email should have been since your order was COMPLETED you will get your coins. It stated that anyone that placed a order would be notified that there will be a delay :tired:

Order complete, money excepted, and reciept in my email,, seems direct enough that I should recieve my order,, and NOT be in question about a delay :laughing: ,, Glenn

Same here I got my order in around 11:17 MST after some trying for quite awhile. My credit card has been pre authed and got a confirmation email. The system was still slow and I was waiting 5 minutes between screens but finally got eveything entered so I hope my order did get through. I ordered other coins besides the compass coin.

Storm180

EUREKA!!!!!!!!

Hula Bum, you may not yet realize this, but you have just revolutionized geocoin collecting. You have just inadvertently helped me formulate a plan for the ABSOLUTELY PERFECT geo-collectible!

Trackable Geo-Kidneys.

Think about it... Everyone needs at least one, and you can't put them on eBay because you can't auction off kidneys.

HB, you're a friggin' genius!

I hate to ask but are these the same Compass Rose 2006 coins sold earlier this year but you had to buy a minimum of 100 coins?

This is the gold version of the same coin supposedly minted in a smaller quantity than the silver but they don't seem to want to tell us the number minted. I don't think they are offering a bulk order this time--at least not to me! :unsure:

I got a message saying that if you got an order through to Coins and Pins and have an 4 digit Invoice number starting with 3, your order has been shipped. (I have got an order that falls under that.) For those who hasn't got them ordered yet they said that they might be bring back online sooner as they have the inventory problem fixed.

Now I don't know the mintage excactly unless you want my Mathmatical explaintion where the mintatge of the Gold Compass Rose will be listed as x. All I know that mintage is 102 < x < (1600 + y) as 1600 is the estimated mintage of the Regular Compass Rose and y is to correction if I am wrong on the mintage amount, x is of course the mintage of the Gold Compass Rose.

I got a message saying that if you got an order through to Coins and Pins and have an 4 digit Invoice number starting with 3, your order has been shipped. (I have got an order that falls under that.) For those who hasn't got them ordered yet they said that they might be bring back online sooner as they have the inventory problem fixed.

Now I don't know the mintage excactly unless you want my Mathmatical explaintion where the mintatge of the Gold Compass Rose will be listed as x. All I know that mintage is 102 < x < (1600 + y) as 1600 is the estimated mintage of the Regular Compass Rose and y is to correction if I am wrong on the mintage amount, x is of course the mintage of the Gold Compass Rose.

x is definately higher than 102, 100 coins were sold via another site, and I would expect that on their site at least the same amount was offered, that would then make 200 <= x < (1600 +y)

have an 4 digit Invoice number starting with 3, your order has been shipped.

My order would also fall under this.

FWIW, when I placed my order, approximately 277 coins were allowable in the cart before the cart said order would exceed supply message showed. So X is > 377 for sure :laughing:

Edited by AtlantaGal

have an 4 digit Invoice number starting with 3, your order has been shipped.

My order would also fall under this.

FWIW, when I placed my order, approximately 277 coins were allowable in the cart before the cart said order would exceed supply message showed. So X is > 377 for sure :laughing:

Does that mean AG that you bought 276? LOL or maybe 277 since more 7 in it <_<

To celebrate, someone pinched my regular 2006 compass rose in Saskatchewan last week.

How did that happen?

The usual way - coin arrived happily in a cache, not present according to the next finder.

I can't complain too much though, I may have lost a compass rose, but recently I got my Dread Plush Cthulhu travel bug back after nearly 2 years in the twilight zone :D