Gold Compass Rose 2006 Geocoin

sawblade5

I FINALLY GOT IN ....after all you Easterns have gone to bed!!! Got a couple extras if someone feels the need to trade ....hmmm maybe I can get my Zombie?

This Easterner finally had to call it a night with no order. But, nature called around 3:20am (EDT). I answered the call, then checked the computer, and lo and behold, I was able to place my order! After staying up late, and getting up in the middle of the night for this darn thing, I'm a zombie today!

:angry:

Like many others I was unable to access the companies web site at the announced selling times. I congratulate those of you who had the fortitude to stay up passed midnight to order the coins. For me this has put another couple of nails in the coffin of my Geocoin collecting aspiration's.

wow I think i actually got the last one - cart imploded with two on board and then one more popped back. I got some this morning - mostly for presents and a trade set up in July and just popped back to get the plastic pouches that fell out of the cart. ( allinfun if you are reading this i need your address!) which is nice seeing as 7 of my coins are MIA.

The mint was said to be less than the original release.

Is anyone desperate enough to trade three 1 in hand and 2 future coins - GCC October and the mystery 8 ball? seeking to replace sweetlake cat egg spinning coin especially if possible.

I'm so bummed. I was anxiously waiting for this one to become available, checking email several times per day looking for the advanced notice.

I was excited to see the email on Sunday noting they were going up for sale on Monday. I attempted to log on several times first thing Monday morning without success.

Then I did the unimaginable. I went Geocaching for the whole day, and completely missed whatever tiny window of availability there might have been.

Now that they're appearing up on eBay (already), looks like they are going to be way out of my price range.

With nothing to trade, looks like I'm Out of Luck! :angry:

Wow, it wasn't until I read this thread that I realized that these weren't for sale until yesterday. I've had one for some time now, guess all the coin companies have their own "geocoin fairy".

**In Case you missed it**

The coins are NOT sold out, they have been pulled fromt the site, an email will go out tonight regarding this coin.

Know what pisses me off?

Sure - they screwed up...

but in the meantime - they (pins and coins) are cashing in on ebay...

they are selling coins at 30-40 bucks EACH on ebay... while their systems are 'down'

and they are recounting their 'inventory'

PFEH!!!!

I know Aaron and Tess would never intentionally do what you've implied.

I think the original intent was to put a few on ebay to keep people from putting them up there before they even had them in their hands, then the system shut down and everything got all wonky, now people are bidding foolishly. Coins and Pins are NOT those kind of people, they were trying to keep prices down and then things backfired.

Know what pisses me off?

Sure - they screwed up...

but in the meantime - they (pins and coins) are cashing in on ebay...

they are selling coins at 30-40 bucks EACH on ebay... while their systems are 'down'

and they are recounting their 'inventory'

PFEH!!!!

I know Aaron and Tess would never intentionally do what you've implied.

Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:38 PM

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: RE: 2006 Compass Rose geocoin

I'm not selling them for $40.00 each. That is what people are bidding for them. How did you get the idea that I am selling them for that much? Maybe if I put them on there for a "Buy it now" at $40.00 I could see you getting that idea, but I didn't and had no idea they would sell for that much on ebay. Like I really planned for that! Holy cow, I try to rectify the situation and I send out a nice email explaining the circumstances and still get these kinds of emails. Like I could really use the stress of the problems that all this created!

Thank you,

Aaron Weed

www.CoinsAndPins.com

Aaron Charles Promotions

Yet - here is the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gold-2006-Compass-Rose...1QQcmdZViewItem

NEARLY EVERY COIN LISTED ON EBAY IS FROM COINS AND PINS.COM

He is creating an artificial demand for the coin - claiming his 'inventory is screwed' - yet selling the coins on ebay.

What gives?

<-- a little peeved

He is not creating artificial demand for them, the people bidding on them are. The sale has been postponed, they are NOT sold out, so why are people even bidding on them right now, why not wait until you don't get one before you start bidding?

And for goodness sake, it's a coin people, not a kidney. Seriously, reality check time.