Gold Compass Rose 2006 Geocoin

sawblade5

After about an hour of fighting the Coins and Pins site I was successful getting my coins I hope. I also tried to get some from the USA Geocoins but they didn't send me an invoice so I guess I was too late.

Well, I did manage to order 2 geocoins from Coins and Pins, unless their server crashes and they lose all thier orders :blink: .

Anyone else got lucky to get one or more ordered?

There are too many people trying to access the site at one time. This has not been a problem before, but some users this time are using some kind of continuous access that is clogging the system. We are attempting to kick them off at this time. It may not get resolved until tomorrow. Everything was fine until some people decided to ruin it for the others.

There are too many people trying to access the site at one time. This has not been a problem before, but some users this time are using some kind of continuous access that is clogging the system. We are attempting to kick them off at this time. It may not get resolved until tomorrow. Everything was fine until some people decided to ruin it for the others.

Post added again.

This reminds me of the 1st of the month full product freebies that allure has every month.... So many people trying to access sites at "noon est" that the servers crash.

You have to be on a really strong e-commerce server to handle the load of a timed coin sale. Even CH had trouble on the Interactive GPS coins recently with their 8 am sale.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< Runs and hides after this post :blink::DB)

There was a promotion email sent from usageocoins, They had 100 stock, I replied within 1 min of email,, and have 10 incoming invoice paid ...

Sorry if this upsets some folks here, right place right time I guess... B)

Edited by glennk721

The SILVER colored version is sold out. But they decided to make the GOLD version and that is what's on sale that most of us cannot access :blink:

Thanks AG, one more question; what is the price they are going for? I called my wife at home and filled her in so she can keep checking as I'm at work.....ummmmm working.

I am on the list for USA Geocoins but never got an email, same thing happened for another coin a few months back. I thought that the rose 06 was sold out long ago, did they make a second run or am I missing somthing?

Just a FYI note the title of the EMAIL was NOT Compass Rose 2006 it was titled [Geocoin] Libra, Gold, and the Night from USA Geocoins It was inside the content of that email,, so you may have recieved it ??

Got mine about 28 minutes after the coin and pins sale started. Had lots of trouble getting from one sceen to the next but persistance paid off. :blink:

Edit to reply to big rick..... I do belive it was 100 coins and they will ship in four days.

Last edit....Coins and Pins are selling them for 8.99 plus shipping

Edited by Vegas Gamblers

I was able lucky to get some from USA Geocoins and I have paid the invoice! So I am excited!

I also do wonder how many where made and when they will ship out.....

B):blink::DB):D

EDIT: They were $9.49 from USA Geocoins (maybe they are cheaper from C&P??). Also USA Geocoins had an allotment of 100 coins so there has to be more made than that.......

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Did they boot the website breaker person......

I find it hard to believe one person broke a website that sits on an average server. The amount of requests were probably around 50 a minute at least and most standard sites cannot handle that kind of traffic. There is a reason why some of the vendors send coin sale announcements at night rather than providing a specific time or send reservation announcements -- It cuts down on the server load and spaces out the orders.

Doesn't anyone remember how this time last year even paypal was crashing because of the increased traffic with coin sales set for specific times?

Did they boot the website breaker person......

I find it hard to believe one person broke a website that sits on an average server. The amount of requests were probably around 50 a minute at least and most standard sites cannot handle that kind of traffic. There is a reason why some of the vendors send coin sale announcements at night rather than providing a specific time or send reservation announcements -- It cuts down on the server load and spaces out the orders.

Doesn't anyone remember how this time last year even paypal was crashing because of the increased traffic with coin sales set for specific times?

Ever heard of a denial of service attack? It only takes one...

In any case, it's silly to speculate about what's going on with the site.

Guess we can't just take their word for it, eh?