Arcticabn's 4000th Personal Geocoin

Arcticabn

Just wanted to let you all know that I've got 30 or so of my personal geocoins going up on e-bay over the next couple of weeks. Currently, there are 3 up for sale on e-bay. I'm not a collector so I'm not really interested in trading, but you can PM me if you would like and I'll at least listen to what you offer. If the local cachers in the area don't want them then they will be offered here. Here's what it looks like.

AA%20Geocoin.jpg

I decided to make this coin to celebrate my 4000th find. The design of the coin is representative of my caching history and my background. Here are some of the details of the coin.

Manufacture: Personal Geocoins (www.personalgeocoins.com)

Size: 1.5 inches in diameter 3.5 mm thick

Material: Shiny Gold

Front Side Art: American Flag and Paratrooper

Rim Color: Maroon

Front Side Tag Line: Arcticabn (my cache name) and Arctic Airborne’s Geocoin

Back Side Art: World Map and Blue Ocean on Black Field

Inside Art Text: 4000 Finds, 12 Countries, 28 States

Rim Color: Maroon

Back Side Tag Line: The World Is My Playground and Airborne All The Way!

The rim, all text, and world is all raised Shiny Gold.

Weight: 1.1oz

This coin is Geocaching.com trackable but does not have a unique icon (personal coin icon). All coins are unactivated (activation through www.geocoinclub.com).

Total Number Minted: 100

Total Number Available: I get to keep 20, 50 to Minnesota Geocachers, 30 eBay (more will be offered externally if the local cachers don't want them).

I decided strictly on ebay since I don't have enough to offer one to all that would like. I don't like first come first serve since the available quantity is so limited and means that if you are not constantly reading the forums you miss out. So anouncing here and selling there seemed the best option.

Thanks for your understanding.

Arctic

Edited by Arcticabn

Coins have shipped to the following:

Ertman

fireman121

flcacher

Scobey

dliming

Mohr

15Tango

dmnrec

onionpond

pfalstad

loneeagle_24

sir_zman

fidian

IBCrashin

AtlantaGal

bowsgeocache

There are currently 6 left for MN residents and 17 left available on the "e" site. The rest have been spoken for but payment has not been received yet.

Thanks All

Edited by Arcticabn

These coins are among the best we've ever seen. Spent more at the E place than we expected, but they are well worth it. Good job!

Thanks, it means a lot that you feel that way. It took me quite a while to figure out a design that truly stood out. Your comment shows me that I achieved that goal.

Arctic

I'm posting this warning here because my wifes refuses to post a negative feed back on the e site. Her reason is because the buyer would just post a negative feed back on her.

Well the first of the SLUG has decided to come out. One of the first auction winners has decided not to pay.

Ended: Sep-04-06 17:13:18 PDT

Shipping costs:

US $2.00

US Postal Service First Class Mail®

Ships to: Worldwide

Item location: Minnesota, United States

History: 8 bids

Winning bidder: <personal information removed by moderator>

Upon winning he replied to the invoice:

The buyer will pay you US $27.10 via money order.

Buyer's Postal Code: 20190

After repeated contacts today I received the following:

Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 7:14 PM

To: my e-mail address

Subject: RE: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #330024312193

I'm passing on this one. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Well he's a SLUG. His gc.com profile also <personal information removed by moderator> says he's an avid geocoin collector. Well he should know better then to bid on a coin, win and then refuse to pay.

Seller's beware.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Well the first of the SLUG has decided to come out. One of the first auction winners has decided not to pay.

Well he's a SLUG. His gc.com profile also <personal information removed by moderator> says he's an avid geocoin collector. Well he should know better then to bid on a coin, win and then refuse to pay.

Seller's beware.

Sorry, but you seem like a royal <removed by moderator> to me for posting the gc.com username of this person. You are essentially using gc.com to promote your for profit coin which I personally find sleazy enough, but to call out someone who decided against paying you for your coin publically seems really low class.

I now realize why I don't bother with geocoins.

Seller's beware.

Sorry, but you seem like a royal a** to me for posting the gc.com username of this person. You are essentially using gc.com to promote your for profit coin which I personally find sleazy enough, but to call out someone who decided against paying you for your coin publically seems really low class.

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain, Ralph Waldo Emerson; take your pick.

Sorry, but you seem like a royal a** to me for posting the gc.com username of this person. You are essentially using gc.com to promote your for profit coin which I personally find sleazy enough, but to call out someone who decided against paying you for your coin publically seems really low class.

I disagree. I want to know who the deadbeats are who bid and then don't pay. I appreciate that Arcticabn shared this information. I would have given him negative feedback too.

Oh, and I also like for-profit coins.

Well I appreciate your opinion. I spent most of my adult life ensuring you had the riights to it.

As far as a for profit coin. I do believe almost every coin out there is a for profit coin, starting with GC.com's coin. I didn't hide anything. I was very open and honest as to what I was doing and the fact that I was funding my personal stash with the sales of the rest. I don't think it is any different then an individual buying three at a fixed price and then selling two on ebay for profit to cover the cost of the third coin so that in the end their collection cost them nothing.

What I don't understand is that if you are not interested in geocoins what are you doing trolling on the coin thread. Just trying to incite an arguement.

Well none found here. You have a right to your opinion, and I don't really care what you think.

The coins are sold and it's a done deal. Those that purchase one seem to be very happy with their purchase, which is what a quality coin is all about.

So again thanks for your opinion. I'm sure that it means a lot to the other cachers here.

I and others certainly appreciate what you've done for the country. However that does not allow you to break the forum guidelines.

As you've both posted another user's personal information and referenced that "E" place (thinking that referencing eBay sales is NOT ok) - it's obvious that you have not read the forums guidelines.

Let me help you out.

Forum guidelines

Specifically from those guidelines:

Examples of posts that may be edited or deleted include posts containing profanity, chain letter and other spam postings, posts that disclose the tracking number codes for Groundspeak travel bugs or posts that reveal private information about another community member.

Geocoin Forum Guidelines

PLease look these over in the next few days before posting again.

I wasn't aware that a community member's username was considered private information, especially when it is publically available on the ebay page for the auction mentioned above. But I am now, I guess. (Edit: Are we talking about the email address? if so, forget I said anything.)

Edited by pfalstad

I disagree. I want to know who the deadbeats are who bid and then don't pay. I appreciate that Arcticabn shared this information. I would have given him negative feedback too.

Oh, and I also like for-profit coins.

For the record I agree with pfalstad, this isn't the same thing as if a user submitted a pre-order form (or reservation) and then backed out when the coin was available; this user won an auction, and by doing so has obligated themselves to buy it. I think it's a service to our community to tell other sellers to be careful when dealing with a deadbeat buyer.

And when you spend this much money creating a coin, with the express reason being because you want to sell it, it is a for profit venture, even if that profit is just to pay off the remaining coins, which is fine by me. If you don't bother with geocoins, then don't post on here, and stop reading this topic area.

FSM - per the rules link you posted "Links to Ebay sales of trackable geocoins are permitted, but only for unactivated coins or sales where the seller is the actual coin owner or the coin owner has granted explicit permission for the sale of their coin."

So your statement " referenced that "E" place (thinking that referencing eBay sales is NOT ok) " is incorrect, the rules say it is permitted (ok). And posting another users GC username is not violating private information...uh oh, here I go...pfalstad, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Arcticabn, DaveA ...are you going to admonish me too.

Edited by sir_zman

FSM - per the rules link you posted "Links to Ebay sales of trackable geocoins are permitted, but only for unactivated coins or sales where the seller is the actual coin owner or the coin owner has granted explicit permission for the sale of their coin."

So your statement " referenced that "E" place (thinking that referencing eBay sales is NOT ok) " is incorrect, the rules say it is permitted (ok). And posting another users GC username is not violating private information...uh oh, here I go...pfalstad, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Arcticabn, DaveA ...are you going to admonish me too.

Did you actually READ my post? My point was that he refernced "that E place" because HE thought it wasn't OK to mention eBay or link to the sales. My point was that he was not familair with the guidelines - get it?

As for personal information. What was removed was both the user name and the user's email address - which is considered personal information. Discussions of this nature have been had many times before.

Please make sure you know what you're talking about before jumping into an issue.

Now that I'm allowed to play again.

To all that purchase a coin, I thank you. To those that have sent me note of appreciation, I thank you. To those that expressed their opinion, I thank you.

To those that expressed a disagreement with the moderator, I thank you but, he was correct. I did post personal information in the form of the e-mail address. And for that I admit, I made a mistake, I was punished and I took my medicine. As far as using the term e site instead of ebay I'll have to fault the moderator for thinking that I was doing something wrong. He obviously didn't read the posts before making a judgement. Start with the top post where in the first line I identified that I was selling on e-bay. How anyone could assume that by the use later of e site I thought I was doing anything wrong is beyond me. But even the mods can make mistakes.

At this point it's over. Hope you all enjoy your coins.

Now that I'm allowed to play again.

To all that purchase a coin, I thank you. To those that have sent me note of appreciation, I thank you. To those that expressed their opinion, I thank you.

To those that expressed a disagreement with the moderator, I thank you but, he was correct. I did post personal information in the form of the e-mail address. And for that I admit, I made a mistake, I was punished and I took my medicine. As far as using the term e site instead of ebay I'll have to fault the moderator for thinking that I was doing something wrong. He obviously didn't read the posts before making a judgement. Start with the top post where in the first line I identified that I was selling on e-bay. How anyone could assume that by the use later of e site I thought I was doing anything wrong is beyond me. But even the mods can make mistakes.

At this point it's over. Hope you all enjoy your coins.

Bah! No matter what has been said here, this is a great coin and I'm glad I have 2! Thanks!

Airborne!!