A little Humor needed

halffast

We've created a puzzle cache based on wordplay. I guess it is kinda hard as few folks bother solving the puzzle. But it was fun to create and it's puzzle is based on one from the Callahan's series of books by Spider Robinson.

Callahan's Riddle

There was a Prevaricators cache outside of Great Falls, MT for a while. The logs on that one were a ton of fun to read. It was by XVampire in case you want to check it out.

-Jen

We've created a puzzle cache based on wordplay. I guess it is kinda hard as few folks bother solving the puzzle. But it was fun to create and it's puzzle is based on one from the Callahan's series of books by Spider Robinson.

Callahan's Riddle

There was a Prevaricators cache outside of Great Falls, MT for a while. The logs on that one were a ton of fun to read. It was by XVampire in case you want to check it out.

-Jen

I checked it out and decided I will have to get the book

how about a garbage can painted to look like a film canister. the description reads "this micro hidden in the woods contains only a log so bring a pen." when you open the can there is an actual wood log to sign.

maybe it's just my sense of humor, but that's funny.

Thats funny and would be easy to do.When the logs full put in a new one.Yep sounds like a WINNER :laughing:

We have a large log in our back yard for cachers to sign. The name is "Big Log". It's way too big to put in a can. I actually had to go outside and give someone a hint because they were looking for tupperware. HA! Here's the LINK.

We also have one called FOOTLOOSE that is a hollow rubber foot. People seem to get a kick out of it - no pun intended!

I'm thinking of using rattlesnake eggs as a trade item.

how about a garbage can painted to look like a film canister. the description reads "this micro hidden in the woods contains only a log so bring a pen." when you open the can there is an actual wood log to sign.

maybe it's just my sense of humor, but that's funny.

Thats funny and would be easy to do.When the logs full put in a new one.Yep sounds like a WINNER :)

We have a large log in our back yard for cachers to sign. The name is "Big Log". It's way too big to put in a can. I actually had to go outside and give someone a hint because they were looking for tupperware. HA! Here's the LINK.

We also have one called FOOTLOOSE that is a hollow rubber foot. People seem to get a kick out of it - no pun intended!

I'm thinking of using rattlesnake eggs as a trade item.

Where to get my own hollow foot.I read some logs and seen the humor in it.

Garden Gnome

I don't know what all the cache page says, I can speak and read a little German, but this is too much. Anyway, check out the gallery, even though it doesn't show real well, the container is not your standard tupperware or ammo can. It's a hollow plastic garden gnome who is mooning you!

I think I have all of the gnomes exept the one mooning.That is what you call funny :)

A few of the ones I've seen have been camoed dustbusters, Shower heads with faucets, an outdoor house light, a blender plugged into a fake electrical outlet, an old 1950's phone and the biggest one a camo painted real Piano with two large cache jugs inside for swag.

A piano????where was it??

I'm working on one that has to do with my cat's nocturnal activites. It's called Oscar's Kitty Cat Club. It will be somewhat humerous when I'm done with it.

Have you ever played a game like Zork? I created two one in IA, one in ND, where you have to help a dog have his day. You have to issue commands to the dog such as CRAP PEE JUMP BARK SNIFF, you can have a lot of fun with it, and its very funny, also very fairly difficult puzzle.

GCW8FN http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cd-318f36ecbd7e

GCZ0N6 http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ff-51de18d27704

I'm working on one that has to do with my cat's nocturnal activites. It's called Oscar's Kitty Cat Club. It will be somewhat humerous when I'm done with it.

Have you ever played a game like Zork? I created two one in IA, one in ND, where you have to help a dog have his day. You have to issue commands to the dog such as CRAP PEE JUMP BARK SNIFF, you can have a lot of fun with it, and its very funny, also very fairly difficult puzzle.

GCW8FN http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cd-318f36ecbd7e

GCZ0N6 http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ff-51de18d27704

Puzzel caches probably wouldnt be a good idea in my area.Most puzzels get past up around here.Im looking for easy caches that would make alot of cachers smile.

I think Torry should become a writer for Jay L. <_<

Here is one that you can start your own "Chapter" Click here~. Just E-mail us if you want the particulars on what this one is about and we will send you our "Membership Cards" image to copy and print out to 'stock' your very own "Chapter".

Maybe if we get enough of these going...we could get an Event together of all of the Members.... <_<

Shirley~

Sounds like fun! PM sent for an Alabama Chapter.

Sounds like a clever idea using the pencil and paper rubbing to find the final.And its only 2,349.5 miles from home.As the crow flies <_< If I am ever in your area I will put these at the top of my list to do.

Can I nominate one of my own?

I like humor where the joke isn't completely handed to you, but you're given enough to figure it out. When the light comes on, you laugh.

I had fun writing up "Beach It" or "Park It", which was just another box in the woods until I thought of the "angle" for the writeup on the way home. People seem to like it.

(I'll bet you didn't have to read too far before you "got it".)

Edited by Viajero Perdido

Can I nominate one of my own?

I like humor where the joke isn't completely handed to you, but you're given enough to figure it out. When the light comes on, you laugh.

I had fun writing up "Beach It" or "Park It", which was just another box in the woods until I thought of the "angle" for the writeup on the way home. People seem to like it.

(I'll bet you didn't have to read too far before you "got it".)

Sounds like "Park it" would be easier :smile: