A little Humor needed

halffast

i've always wanted to hide one called "The Wretched Refuse", based on the poem about the statue of liberty.

people could bring their worst trade item, and leave it. when the cache is full, it would be dumped in the garbage and refilled.

maybe some rewording of the poem to include the words, baby-drooled, dog chewed, run over in the driveway. that kind of stuff.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles.

From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

“"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"” cries she

With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

i've always wanted to hide one called "The Wretched Refuse", based on the poem about the statue of liberty.

people could bring their worst trade item, and leave it. when the cache is full, it would be dumped in the garbage and refilled.

maybe some rewording of the poem to include the words, baby-drooled, dog chewed, run over in the driveway. that kind of stuff.

From her beacon-hand

Now thats a good Idea.The container could be a large dumpster out in the forest.Or maybe just a 55 gallon barrel.

From her beacon-hand

Now thats a good Idea.The container could be a large dumpster out in the forest.Or maybe just a 55 gallon barrel.

heck! a 5 gallon bucket would work. i'll never do it, so if anyone wants to use the idea they are welcome to. :laughing:

Edited by uperdooper
Not unlike the bra-less giant of Garmin fame,

With poison-ivied limbs striding from land to land;

Here at our mosquito-infested, sun-burned cache shall stand

A mighty ammo box with a sticker, whose name

Is geocaching dot com, and her lame Mother *******.

Film can cousin

Glowering bleary-eyed inside; my children demand

The hairless troll, spider ring, the soggy BB game.

“"Peeps, antsy lads, my starry-eyed progeny!"” cries me

With chapped lips. “Get me your tired, wore-out,

Your muddled masses of McDonald's stuff we got free,

The wretched refuse of your underwear drawer.

Send these, the useless, french-fry-scented to me,

I shall deposit them inside this camo'ed door!”

Film can cousin

bwahahahahaha!! :laughing::P:P

I think Torry should become a writer for Jay L. :laughing:

Here is one that you can start your own "Chapter" Click here~. Just E-mail us if you want the particulars on what this one is about and we will send you our "Membership Cards" image to copy and print out to 'stock' your very own "Chapter".

Maybe if we get enough of these going...we could get an Event together of all of the Members.... :P

Shirley~

I have a multi-cache called Burnt Offerings, where you are standing at the top of a large slope and in the distance is a bunch of hydro towers. Text from cache description: "At the top of the hill, you will see an awesome view, with lots of hydro towers in the distance. Now count the hydro towers. Now close your eyes. How many do you see now? You can open your eyes again."

You see 0 towers because you have your eyes shut.

And on another multi I have people count various things. One of the things they have to count is the number of fish in the pond. Of course this varies, but when they do the math, they times this number by 0, so they get 0, so it doesn't matter how many they count.

I am looking for ways to put a little "HUMOR" into caches.I have a few already but need new ideas.Have you found or hidden any really funny caches and would share the idea.

Torch Tuber (by the hermit crabs) is our favorite hands down! Very creative and quite humorous. :angry:

We tried to inject some humor into the story for our Reveal Parmesan puzzle cache.

A bit OT, but the goal of our Wally's humor geocoin is to travel around gathering funny stories, jokes, ...etc.

tony

Film can cousin

Now that is great !!!!

Film can cousin

Now that is great !!!!

Thank you. I take cash, check or Visa.

I heard of one once where the cache was a micro, just a log sheet hidden inside a plastic 35mm film canister.

Oh yeah.

The film canister was hidden inside a giant plastic office water dispenser jug.

Oh yeah.

There were about 100 identical empty film canisters in there with the real cache.

I heard of one once where the cache was a micro, just a log sheet hidden inside a plastic 35mm film canister.

Oh yeah.

The film canister was hidden inside a giant plastic office water dispenser jug.

Oh yeah.

There were about 100 identical empty film canisters in there with the real cache.

Yep I done this one.Thanks again to the Sandy Creek Cowboys for letting me use their Idea.

I did find one that was a small plastic container placed in a stuffed rat. This was in the end of a hollow log.

I picked up a piece of bark and here is this rat staring back at me, I jumped and dropped the bark before realizing the rat was not real.

Jim

Kc8bdr

I sent out a T.B. named Willard and it became MIA .Maybe that was it you saw.Did it have a travel bug tag attached?

Film can cousin

Now that is great !!!!

Bravo!

But I was thinking of something from the wretched refuse of my underwear drawer...no? Hmmm.... :unsure:

Edited by 3blackcats

I did find one that was a small plastic container placed in a stuffed rat. This was in the end of a hollow log.

I picked up a piece of bark and here is this rat staring back at me, I jumped and dropped the bark before realizing the rat was not real.

Jim

Kc8bdr

I had the opposite experience at a cache where an intermediate waypoint was supposed to be a (fake) toad... it was missing, and right in the exact place where it was supposed to be was a real toad, staring right at me... it took me a little while to convince myself that it was real. (The next waypoint was also a fake toad, and that one I did find -- but I was really hesitant to pick it up, just in case it wasn't fake either!) (My log for that cache)

I found a cache in Buffalo (I think it was called Amherst's Amazing Talking Toliet) that was a plastic replica of a toliet. When you lifted the lid the toliet would start to sign and make flushing noises. Thought that was pretty funny, especially when you are trying to be stealth and not make any noise.

A couple of ideas from an upcoming cache of mine:

Waypoint that leads to a rubber chicken and the word "Why?" Real waypoint is across the road.

Door knocker attached to tree, etc. somewhere unlikely with "knock knock" joke clue attached.

Cache container with light-activated "laugh box"

The name's cool, too, but I'm not sharing that just yet. And there's another surprise in the box, but that's secret as well!

It starts with a complicated crossword on the listing page but the calculations are things like "How many letters in 4 across?" and "What clue number is 3 down?"

Waypoint that leads to a rubber chicken and the word "Why?" Real waypoint is across the road.

Door knocker attached to tree, etc. somewhere unlikely with "knock knock" joke clue attached.

The name's cool, too, but I'm not sharing that just yet. And there's another surprise in the box, but that's secret as well!

It starts with a complicated crossword on the listing page but the calculations are things like "How many letters in 4 across?" and "What clue number is 3 down?"

Great Ideas..Especially the rubber chicken.

I am looking for ways to put a little "HUMOR" into caches.I have a few already but need new ideas.Have you found or hidden any really funny caches and would share the idea.

I placed a cache out in the woods - and inside it i put a set of those plastic chattering false teeth - wound up of course. Has me in stitches when the finder makes a comment in their log. so far no-ones taken them as a swap item, theyve wound them back up for the next finder.

Great Ideas..Especially the rubber chicken.

And C something T, Domestic Animal. Did actually appear in a crossword....

We forgot one of our other caches....

Road Kill is written to peak the mind's image and almost everyone has seemed to enjoyed this one.

Again, if you would like to know about this one...just E-mail or PM us and we would be happy to give away our little secret. :laughing:

Shirley & John

This one reminds me of my "Dont Feed The Gremlin" (GCTKB1)Ive had alot of coments on it.Unfortunatly I dont know how to put the links in the forums yet.

I placed a cache out in the woods - and inside it i put a set of those plastic chattering false teeth - wound up of course. Has me in stitches when the finder makes a comment in their log. so far no-ones taken them as a swap item, theyve wound them back up for the next finder.

I would be picking myself off the ground 20 feet from the cache. :laughing:

I have one where the first stage is a large spider with the hint on its belly. He is under a rock and at first glance it looks really real.

I had heard of someone making a cache called "along the way" or something like that. I think it was in protest to lame swag and the requirements were you had to put something in the cahe you found on your way to the cache. A rock, a stick, whatever. I thought that was kinda funny. If I ever find it I will make a special trip to that one :D

how about a garbage can painted to look like a film canister. the description reads "this micro hidden in the woods contains only a log so bring a pen." when you open the can there is an actual wood log to sign.

maybe it's just my sense of humor, but that's funny.

Thats funny and would be easy to do.When the logs full put in a new one.Yep sounds like a WINNER <_<

I have one where the first stage is a large spider with the hint on its belly. He is under a rock and at first glance it looks really real.

I had heard of someone making a cache called "along the way" or something like that. I think it was in protest to lame swag and the requirements were you had to put something in the cahe you found on your way to the cache. A rock, a stick, whatever. I thought that was kinda funny. If I ever find it I will make a special trip to that one :blink:

I logged one once out in the woods.It was a big plastic orange water cooler.There was a rubber snake attached to the inside of the lid with fishing line.When you took the lid off the SNAKE would come out with it.I ended up about 20 feet from the cache as I jumped back.My wife was laughing so hard I thought she was going to wet herself.I myself needed 911.I cant remember the caches name but it should have been called HEART ATTACK CITY. <_<

Edited by halffast

I participated in a wooded area clean up that had a flood roll through (not a geocache or CITO event). We got the bucket from a cherry picker out, however the dumpster at 350 pounds tare weight and full of dirt is still there.

Film can cousin

Now that is great !!!!

Bravo!

But I was thinking of something from the wretched refuse of my underwear drawer...no? Hmmm.... :P

lol :P

I have had this one on a bookmark list for months now, because I'd love to hunt it, but am waiting for it to be re-activated. This is one of an entire series of hides and all have great stories, but this one really cracked me up. This hider has great imagination!

Miz :P

If only I could write funny stories....Or any stories.