Waymarking Forums FAQs

The official Waymarking FAQ list and related items can be found here.

There are some other questions that amount to Frequently Asked Questions here in the Waymarking forums. This topic might be a handy place to list them. Maybe someday they will be added to the official FAQ list referenced above. :D

I picked some that, although the question always starts a bunch of responses, the answer is always pretty much the same. I didn't include those that are very debatable, those that will probably be solved with some upcoming programming revision, and those that are not Frequent.

===============

1. Can I waymark the same item in more than one category?

Yes.

2. Can I log my own waymark?

Yes.

3. I want to waymark XXXX and I can't find a category where it fits. How can I waymark it?

Consider starting a new category for things like your XXXX.

4. How can I start a category for XXXX?

Read the Category Creation Guide.

5. Can I make a subcategory?

No, we can only make categories. Groundspeak arranges the directory headings of the list of categories.

===============

Does anyone else have any to add? 6. 7. 8. ....

2. Can I log my own waymark?

Yes.

As I stated before...

I am vehemently against logging your own 'Waymarks' By creating your "Waymark" we know you were there. All you are doing is adding to your "Visit" count.

If, on the other hand, in the future you "do visit your "Waymark" and have something to add to the log---go right ahead--- as you have then "earned your visit"

I keep hearing it's not the numbers, so why the log????? and most of the lame duck log remarks of "VISITED" surely aren't necessary to enhance the waymarks.