Big Cat Series Geocoin Set

Prowler53

I enjoyed doing my panther coin so much I decided to get an early start on my 2007 coins.

There are only 150 of my panther coins being produced and I'm expecting arrival on those any day.

I'm still getting lot's of requests for coins but unfortunatly they were sold out.

I decided to come up with another coin for those who missed my panther coin, or anyone else who would be interested. This will be my personal coin for 2007 but it's gonna be a little early...lol.

Pre sales will begin as soon as I receive my price quotes, so keep checking back here in the forums.

FullSet.jpg

How about an update/delivery date on your other coin???? I honestly wouldn't go selling another until you fulfill orders for the first one. I paid for mine on JULY 21! :laughing:

These coins will not be up for pre-sale before my first coins are shipped out. I just wanted to post a preview of my new coin set I've been working on.

As far as the panther coin goes.....I am expecting shippment this week. I probably won't have an exact shipping date till after the holiday. I'm as anxious as you are to get them :P

:laughing:

I enjoyed doing my panther coin so much I decided to get an early start on my 2007 coins.

There are only 150 of my panther coins being produced and I'm expecting arrival on those any day.

I'm still getting lot's of requests for coins but unfortunatly they were sold out.

I decided to come up with another coin for those who missed my panther coin, or anyone else who would be interested. This will be my personal coin for 2007 but it's gonna be a little early...lol.

Pre sales will begin as soon as I receive my price quotes, so keep checking back here in the forums.

FullSet.jpg

I would like 2 sets of each when they are available! Thank you, Eagle618 :P

Hey you stole my idea! :laughing:

I was just talking to my wife and am thinking about creating a Big Cat series as well.

I have been a big cat lover for many years and had an opportunity to work with them at the Cincinnati Zoo. My idea is a little different though, I'm working on the coins being fund raisers for either a large Wildlife Rescue organization or a local Big Cat Rescue facility.

I have a few connections in the field and want to help these awesome animals.

I like your coins and would like a set.

Hey you stole my idea! :)

I was just talking to my wife and am thinking about creating a Big Cat series as well.

I have been a big cat lover for many years and had an opportunity to work with them at the Cincinnati Zoo. My idea is a little different though, I'm working on the coins being fund raisers for either a large Wildlife Rescue organization or a local Big Cat Rescue facility.

I have a few connections in the field and want to help these awesome animals.

I like your coins and would like a set.

Ooops.......Sorry about taking your idea CacheHunter. I actually thought about this one for a while.

I was planning on doing one coin at a time but I felt that most would prefer to get the set all at once rather than end up missing one somewhere along the line. This way everyone will get 3 coins with the same number.

I'm writing down user names and requests and I'll send an e-mail out to those who want them However It might be a couple weeks before I'm ready to make them available. I'm still waiting patiently for my prowling panther coin to arrive as well as many others who have ordered the coin. I was told 4-6 weeks from the date ordered, and this week is the 6th week. I've been in touch with rusty and I'm waiting to get an exact shipping date. Hopefully I will hear something after the holiday.

:anitongue: If you are starting a list add me to it for one set. <_<

Everyone requesting coins will be contacted when pre-sale begins. The coins are going thru a few changes since the graphics were posted. It looks like I'll be doing 2 metal sets instead of 2-tone metal to keep cost down. Right now I'm planning on a set of Gold, Copper, Silver & a set of Antique Gold, Antique Copper, antique Nickel. But that could change again before I decide. :rolleyes:

THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!

I'll take a set please :(

WIN

FullSet.jpg

:o If you are starting a list add me to it for one set. :(

Everyone requesting coins will be contacted when pre-sale begins. The coins are going thru a few changes since the graphics were posted. It looks like I'll be doing 2 metal sets instead of 2-tone metal to keep cost down. Right now I'm planning on a set of Gold, Copper, Silver & a set of Antique Gold, Antique Copper, antique Nickel. But that could change again before I decide. :huh:

I don't know if you saw the Double Dragon coins, but in my opinion the two-tone version just didn't make the grade compared to the others.

Antiqued finishes cost a little more than their regular counterparts, but for good reason. Not only do they look better, but they stand up better if the coins start travelling.

fe304fbf-520d-417f-a93b-bca3a0343d09.jpg

Although it was not a big cat, it was either a very brave or stupid cat. :anibad:

We would like two sets, at the very least. Bud is ready to give chase.... :D:D Glen

Should I add a 4th Big cat coin to the set? If so.......what would you like to see added?

Mountain Lion

Black Panther

Jaguar

Lynx

Bobcat

????????????????????????

Should I add a 4th Big cat coin to the set? If so.......what would you like to see added?

Mountain Lion

Black Panther

Jaguar

Lynx

Bobcat

????????????????????????

First thought was the "Black Panther", since I love them, but then I remembered that is what is coming at ya on your personal coin.

So.... I tried to think of something that would be outside of the norm that people think of when you say "Big Cat"

How about a Serval?

Those big ears are so cute! :anibad:

D-man :D

Mountain Lion

Black Panther

Jaguar

Lynx

Bobcat

????????????????????????

First thought was the "Black Panther", since I love them, but then I remembered that is what is coming at ya on your personal coin.

So.... I tried to think of something that would be outside of the norm that people think of when you say "Big Cat"

How about a Serval?

Those big ears are so cute! :anibad:

D-man :D

Lol....honestly I never heard of them before so I clicked on the link. Kinda funny looking and they are listed on the big cat rescue page.

If you add a fourth coin to the series, I'd definitely go for a puma/mountain lion. These are iconic American "Big Cats", and deserve a place on the Feline Hall of Fame :laughing: But I'd also be happy with a jaguar, another from the Western Hemisphere. I see Asia and Africa represented, so I think that a fourth cat coin should be from the Americas.

There are really only four true Big Cats, all of the genus Panthera. They are:

Tiger

Lion

Jaguar

Leopard

These are the roaring cats. No other cats can roar, only purr. (A Serval is a Lynx, and medium sized at best, but it does have big ears. However, if you ever pet one, don't expect it to purr too much.)

"Black Panther" is a nickname for a leopard, jaguar, or puma that happens to be black, and "Panther" itself is just a nickname for those three kinds of cats. The nickname obviously comes from the genus name, except the Puma, which is not a member of Panthera at all.

Tiger

Lion

Jaguar

Leopard

These are the roaring cats. No other cats can roar, only purr. (A Serval is a Lynx, and medium sized at best, but it does have big ears. However, if you ever pet one, don't expect it to purr too much.)

"Black Panther" is a nickname for a leopard, jaguar, or puma that happens to be black, and "Panther" itself is just a nickname for those three kinds of cats. The nickname obviously comes from the genus name, except the Puma, which is not a member of Panthera at all.

so do you think I should get rid of the "white tiger" and add the Jaguar and Leopard?

I believe the white tiger is just a white version of the Bengal which I plan on keeping.

Or should I keep it as a 3 coin set and then add another coin or two somewhere down the road.

I was originally planning on doing these coins one at a time but I figured most would like to have the whole set at once instead of taking a chance at missing one of the coins later.

I'm open to opinions and the 3 coins shown are not set in stone yet.

If you add a fourth coin to the series, I'd definitely go for a puma/mountain lion. These are iconic American "Big Cats", and deserve a place on the Feline Hall of Fame :laughing: But I'd also be happy with a jaguar, another from the Western Hemisphere. I see Asia and Africa represented, so I think that a fourth cat coin should be from the Americas.

I like this Idea also because I think an American Big Cat deserves to be in the set.

Tiger

Lion

Jaguar

Leopard

so do you think I should get rid of the "white tiger" and add the Jaguar and Leopard?

I believe the white tiger is just a white version of the Bengal which I plan on keeping.

Or should I keep it as a 3 coin set and then add another coin or two somewhere down the road.

I was originally planning on doing these coins one at a time but I figured most would like to have the whole set at once instead of taking a chance at missing one of the coins later.

I'm open to opinions and the 3 coins shown are not set in stone yet.

I like the idea of the four cats listed by danoshimano. However, I also like the mountain lion idea to have an American cat represented. Then again, I love white tigers, but like you said, it's just a variation of the Bengal, I think. Darn, I haven't helped a bit, have I?

There's always my favorite & the BIGGEST cat, the Liger. But it's just a hybrid.