Interview With An Icon

Pablo Mac

I am in the early preparation phase for an upcoming audio and/or video interview with the one and only Dave Ulmer.

If you have a brief comment or question for me to ask Father Dave, post it here and my team will select the best submissions to include in our interview(s).

I plan to post links to the interview(s) here, on Icenrye's Geocaching Videozine, Podcacher Podcast, and/or YouTube upon completion.

1) Dave, you've got 6 hides, all of which are archived, and only 14 finds in 6 years. Do you still consider yourself to be a Geocacher, or have you moved on to better and brighter things?

2) On your first hide, (which led us to this game we all love), did you have the landowner's permission? :unsure:

3) Most folks here at Geocaching.com look at you as some sort of religious icon, akin to the Virgin Mary. If a replica of your face were to appear on a piece of toast in Hoboken (sp?) New Jersey, how much money do you think it would generate on E-Bay?

4) If it was within your power to change any three things about Geocaching, what would they be and why?

5) If you knew way back then that geozealots would treat your old can of beans black eyed peas as some sort of sacred relic, would you have left a generic brand?

Edit for accuracy :unsure:

Edited by Clan Riffster

What model of GPS did he use to place the first Cache?

What model (if any) does he use now?

You can see his gps in the video that he made of the first stash here Video I can't tell what it is. Also there has been much talk about the OCB (Original can of beans.) Actually it was a can of Blackeye peas.

El Diablo

Edited by El Diablo

What model of GPS did he use to place the first Cache?

What model (if any) does he use now?

You can see his gps in the video that he made of the first stash here Video I can't tell what it is. Also there has been much talk about the OCB (Original can of beans.) Actually it was a can of Blackeye peas.

El Diablo

It's a Magellan. The model is too hard to determine, but it looks like a 2000. This is the same type of GPSr that we started caching with.

For the record, I'd ask him what inspired him to choose the particular location for the Original Stash. Was it by chance? Is it a road he likes to travel on?

Off the record, I'd ask him to revive the listing for the Original Stash, and it doesn't even have to be on GC.com. I've searched around the web and found old Geocache listings hosted on non Groundspeak sites, and I'd like to see one for GCF.