"Discovering" TB's

Whostops

Lately there has been an increase in logging activity for Travel Bugs and Geocoins. Unfortunately many people were picking up and dropping these items into the same geocache so they could increase their find count or receive a new trackable icon in their profile. As a result we have created a new log type which also goes towards your profile count without causing unnecessary extra movements for the trackable item.

The new log type is called "Discovered it" and can be used if you have the tracking number for the icon. Please use this if you have no plans to move the Travel Bug or geocoin to a new location.

Discovered while trawling through the forums.

Correct. It is the new way to "grab" a TB without having to take responsibility for it. Means you can take a coin to an event and everyone there can "find" aka discover it. Not really the way I like to play with TB's and Coins (though I have done it).

It feels a bit cheap for the TB owners sake. I wouldn't like my TB to be discover by 1000000 people and it to only see 1 cache...