Why no Streetmap.co.uk on Additional Waypoints?

I guess this must have been asked before but why is there no Streetmap.co.uk link on the Waypoint Details pages for Additional Waypoints like there is on the main cache page? I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to see an OS representation of where they are.

I have taken to adding a paragraph at the foot of my caches where I have them pointing to http://benchmarks.org.uk/map.php but this shouldn't be necessary.

Can it be added?

I know exactly what you mean and think it would be a great idea. If someone gives parking co-ordinates that are a mile away, it would be useful to see where that is on the map. Likewise, if the cache is a multi where the points are particularly spread out and not necessarily walkable, it would be much easier for planning your route.

The only problem I can see is that if there are multiple additional waypoints, you will have multiple maps. If there was some way to overlay them (without any extra gadgets), then that would be excellent.

Sorry I wasn't clear SimplPaul but Travers has got it - I just want to see where the parking or stages are on a map. Currently, if there are Additional Waypoints, the waypoint page gives me the option to see it in all the other map formats, but not Streetmap - which for me is the only one I find useful in the UK.

The suggestion to overlay them all on one map would be even better but I thought this to be too much to ask. Can we have a Streetmap link like on the main cache page?

Thanks for the extra info - I'm with you now. :laughing:

It would be a helpful feature if Streetmap could add numbers relating to waypoints to a map rather than just an arrow. That would be very handy. Lots of maps, each generated by a link from a waypoint description, would be less useful, but still interesting. Def. a question for the main forums though, as that's where the people with the power tend to hang out.

This is a question best asked on the Geocaching.com Website forum, in the main forums. It will come to the attention of Jeremy whose the one with the power to take this decision. As has been seen seen with the cattle attribute, he does listen to requests and act on them if deemed a good idea.

Thanks Deceangi

This is the same suggestion I received on the GeocacheUK forum. I'll post something tonight.

FollowMeChaps

This is a question best asked on the Geocaching.com Website forum, in the main forums. It will come to the attention of Jeremy whose the one with the power to take this decision. As has been seen seen with the cattle attribute, he does listen to requests and act on them if deemed a good idea.

Thanks Deceangi

This is the same suggestion I received on the GeocacheUK forum. I'll post something tonight.

FollowMeChaps

Ah well there's a simple explanation for that :) Mancunian on GAGB changed his user name on GC to Mancunian Pyrocacher but GAGB lock you down when you register, who is also known as Deceangi B)

It's easier to keep Finder and Reviewer accounts separate, a common practice for most Reviewers/Moderators B)