60csx background & exporting problem

topotracker

I have a new Garmin 60csx and the latest National Geographic States TOPO software. I can get a verified USB connection when connected to my lap top but it will not download the Waypoints from the GPS to the lap top. In fact it locks up when I try and I have to do a hard reset to clear it. Also when I open a map that I have saved it only opens up the standard states map that comes up with start-up. Also my background color on lthe GS map has defaulted to black. Sorry to load you up with so many problems and will appreciate any help you can give up.

is the software from garmin or a different vendor? you'll need garmin maps for the 60csx.

also, did you install the garmin USB drivers on your laptop, or did you plug your gpsr into the PC and let windows install the drivers. if so, check the garmin web site for how to recover from that. you'll need to install the garmin software that came with the gpsr *first*, then plug the garmin into the PC and let the install finish.

Thanks, I will give your suggestion a try. Since I had already loaded Garmin software for a prior gps I assumed it would work. However during the recent process I believe the xp drivers were loaded over the garmin.

I re-downloaded the Garmin Trip & Waypoint manager cd and tried downloading again. No luck. Is there something unique required for the 60csx to work with the National Geographic software?