Ever get chased off from a cache?

MouseFart

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. :laughing:

I've never seen a rattlesnake in the wild, I would like to see one, but only before it sees me.

Hey Airmapper

I saw my first timber rattler in KY last week at LBL after going to the Dead Fulks night cache. I have known there were around here since I was a kid but that was the first for me. However, I have never gone rattle snake hunting around here either :laughing: Now I still have to find a pigmy rattler.

While on a backpacking trip in Canyonlands National Park a few years ago I saw 3 midget-faded rattlesnakes and heard 1. I was exploring an old cowboy camp when I stepped to the side and was squatting to take a picture of an old iron stove when I heard the first one(that I never did see) I was not sure if I heard it right until I saw a second one guarding the gap between an old fence and a rock. Later that day I went looking for more snakes because my friend had never seen one and I was able to find 2 more. We spoke to a guy that had made yearly trips to the area for 20 years and he had never seen one and a ranger that had worked there for 17 years and he had never seen one or had anyone report they had seen one. I felt real special.

I must say as venomousness snakes go I appreciate the rattle snake because it will let you know when you are getting too close and making it nervous. :laughing:

GEO.JOE

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. :laughing:

I've never seen a rattlesnake in the wild, I would like to see one, but only before it sees me.

Hey Airmapper

I saw my first timber rattler in KY last week at LBL after going to the Dead Fulks night cache. I have known there were around here since I was a kid but that was the first for me. However, I have never gone rattle snake hunting around here either :laughing: Now I still have to find a pigmy rattler.

GEO.JOE

To think I was thrashing around there in the dark with a mini Mag light only a month or two ago. :laughing::laughing:

I posted a DNF on this cache - I assumed it to be just above the cottonmouth. I didn't want the MEFF that badly.

I encountered cache guardian at a cache one day. It happened to be at the end of a 3 mile hike, and since I had come all that way, I really didn't want to leave with a DNF, so I just walked around and around hoping that the cache was somewhere else nearby, but no! He had crawled right back into the hole just 3 ft from the cache. Once I had exausted all the other hiding spots, I decided to poke that particular one with a *very* long stick. Picked a stick with a hooked end and extracted (and re-placed) the cache with that stick and everyone was happy.

c7941be7-2402-43ba-8cdb-d230c5ef10de.jpg