garmin venture cx or garmin etrex legend cx

jrcustom

Hi I am new to this and would like opinions on Garmin venture cx or garmin etrex legend cx. Which is the best unit for geocaching. I don't seem to see a difference in their descriptions. Please help.

They're basically the same.

The Venture Cx doesn't come with a memory card. So if you are buying a bigger memory card anyway, or can get a 64 MB cheaper than the difference in price (most likely), go ahead with the Venture Cx.

Also, according to Garmin's comparison page, the Venture Cx doesn't have the Tide Prediction utility, which may or may not be important to you.

Hi I am new to this and would like opinions on Garmin venture cx or garmin etrex legend cx. Which is the best unit for geocaching. I don't seem to see a difference in their descriptions. Please help.

The Venture Cx doesn't come with a memory card. So if you are buying a bigger memory card anyway, or can get a 64 MB cheaper than the difference in price (most likely), go ahead with the Venture Cx.

The Venture Cx also doesn't come with a data cable. But if you have a digital camera, MP3 player, or PDA, you might be able to use one of their cables. See post for details on the cable.

Also, according to Garmin's comparison page, the Venture Cx doesn't have the Tide Prediction utility, which may or may not be important to you.

I think that must be a typo there, because the software of the Venture Cx and the Legend Cx is exactly the same, and even their user's manual is the same (it says "Legend Cx and Venture Cx" on the cover page).

The only significant difference is the color of the box. Some like yellow, some not so much.

The card that comes with the Legend Cx is way too tiny to be usable for anything, so the original poster should expect to buy a new one regardless of which unit he picks.

Edited by kerecsen