Warranty work

horses11

A week ago I sent my Garmin 76C back to the factory,it stoped working.The back round color turned black,didn't pick up satellites anymore,none of my waypoints could be found except my found caches.

Reading forums before I bought it,some got new or refurbished units after sending back there gpsr,do you start all over with a new 1 year warranty?

Only time will tell if I get mine back fixed or a nother one!

I asked them what to send back with it and they said only the unit with out batteries nothing else.So if I get a nother unit back I it'll be the unit only? as I have the USB cable,manual from the old one,or will they send me the whole package?

I was laying in bed last night thinking maybe they'll send me a new 76CX,as the 76C isn't sold anymore,I can dream :D

Started caching last fall and this is my first unit.

horses11

I can't speak for Garmin, as I don't have my Garmin GPSr (yet, it won't arrive until next week). From my experience, most companies will send you back a refurbished unit to replace your malfunctioning one. If they don't have any in stock, they will send you a new unit of the same model, and if they don't have any of those, it is a crap shoot if they will wait, or send you a higher model number to replace your unit.

Got a new gpsr Friday night,I was at a high school football game when it came.The wife said the doorbell rang but nowone was there,I found it the next day getting the news paper.

Only the gpsr in the box just like I sent it out.They did transfer all my cache waypoints from the old unit to the new one.

I'm on vacation next week so I hope to do some caching in between painting the back porch.

horses11

There used to be a way to lock a thread,I've used it before but I don't see anything any more. :tired:

Have they changed this with the up grades?

horses11

Locking topic

The locking function was taken away from users due to abuse. You'll either have to contact a moderator to have your topic closed or let it fall off the page.

Edited by geognerd