Rescue me!

PackRat420

Okay, here I was caching in Powell River going for quite the hike to find my next cache when my pager goes off. ( I work for the Coast Guard and carry a pager in the evening so Rescue Center can page me when something goes wrong). I call my base. no reports yet as to the situation. I start heading for the truck to get back to the base when it goes off again. This time there is a mayday message on it. I run back to the truck and drive as fast and safe as possible back to the base, and jump into the rubber boat and shove off.

when we arrive on scene, there is a pleasure boat towing a small aluminum boat with two people on it. we get them onboard our boat and setup to tow the little boat into the gas station. change in plans, we are requested to tow them back to their campsite just north of Comox called Bates Beach (sp?). we don't know where it is. The one fellow on the boat hands me a GPS and says "here's the coordinates for it". I take the GPS and log the coords into our mapping system on the rubber boat.

I go to hand him back his GPS and for some reason I see a thing on his GPS that said "Geocache points". I turn to him and ask "you don't happen to be geocachers, do you?" and his reply was "well, actually ya, we just started a little while ago" Well bust my buttons, what are the chances of this? A geocacher coming to save anothe geocacher in the middle of Strait of Georgia between Powell River and Comox? Too funny if you ask me. So i have to sit and talk to him about caching during our 2 hour tow back to his camp. I never got his cache name, but I did get his real name. Which i won't give out for confidentiality reasons.

To the fellow and his little brother that we towed back to camp, if you read this, please let me know your cache name so i can keep an eye out for you in the bushes next time :D

Thanks for readin my awesome story :D