Green TB Pic. Contest

Jagman714

Not to throw a big wrench in the works here but it seems that hardly anybody paid any attention to the rules.

Over all the pics posted to this thread so far only two seems to have "discovery" in the picture in some way, other than the title of the picture which doesn't count. One has the word from a plaque (I like that one) and the other has a picture of the shuttle. Several of the others are nice pictures, but come on...."I Discovered it in my mailbox"?

Going through the 1455 pics on the contest page I've even found several that outright violate the rules (No editing of any kind, cropping, re-touching, etc) and I'm only on page 20!

I expect Jeep or Groudspeak disqualify those outright, though appearantly they still posted them to the contest gallery.

AR_kayaker

Not to throw a big wrench in the works here but it seems that hardly anybody paid any attention to the rules.

Over all the pics posted to this thread so far only two seems to have "discovery" in the picture in some way, other than the title of the picture which doesn't count. One has the word from a plaque (I like that one) and the other has a picture of the shuttle. Several of the others are nice pictures, but come on...."I Discovered it in my mailbox"?

Going through the 1455 pics on the contest page I've even found several that outright violate the rules (No editing of any kind, cropping, re-touching, etc) and I'm only on page 20!

I expect Jeep or Groudspeak disqualify those outright, though appearantly they still posted them to the contest gallery.

AR_kayaker

While mine may not be easy to see the discovery side of it, I went for the discovery of one of the greatest joys (a new child). It's a discovery that my friend just recently made that has been a wonderful discovery for her and for me. Can't wait to be an aunt again. But I do agree that not too many of the pics follow the rules or show discovery of any kind.

Edited by bearly_sane

AR_kayaker

Actually I have to point out that there are TWO pictures in this thread with the shuttle discovery--one is mine! I just didn't know at the time how to insert the actual picture and I hope I did it right this time.

Here's the one to vote for!!! We Got a FTF on a 5 Star Cache with Discovery

5fc483bc-6d89-40cd-97e1-18a90120608d.jpg

Edited by LadyBee4T

AR_kayaker

I think you are being too literal in your interpretation of the "goals" for each month. I don't read the rules as saying that the picture has to have the word discovery in it. Rather the goal is to have a picture of the GJTB that uses the theme of "discovery". This could mean that the picture has the words discovery in it, sure. But it could also mean that the picture depicts an act of discovery, a location of discovery, etc.

Regarding your point about editing of the pictures, I agree with you 100%. Those photos do violate the rules (but many of them are fun to look at!) :rolleyes:

BTW, we are new to geocaching and weren't around last year for the 2005 Jeep TB contest. Were there this many entries last year, because I am amazed at how many photos people have submitted!! :anitongue:

Edited by Imperial Walkers

Here is my Jeep Travel bug climbing Mt Rushmore. This is the ULTIMATE PIC! I rode my motorcycle 1,800 miles to get this picture!!! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!! I discovered Courtney Hansen at Mt Rushmore shooting her new TV show "Destination Wild" so I got her to pose with my travel bug. You got to see these two pics !!!! Her entire film crew was driving new Jeeps!

Courtney Hansen

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...ff-5f0448eeecc7

Jeep climbing Mt Rushmore

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...62-b26d1dc68687

I so need a real GPS! Please VOTE FOR MY PICTURES!!!!!

Thank you for your support.

I am ready to submit my entry for October, but I am a bit confused - the rules say the picture must be a .jpg or .tiff - mine is a .jpg - and can be up to 4 mb - mine is 2.38 mb - but when I was going to submit the file, the form said the same thing at the bottom of the page that it says for uploading any photo for a Geocache log -

"File upload supports the following formats: jpg, gif, tiff

Some Tips

* If your original image is under 125k or 600 pixels wide, the largest image will not be resized.

* It doesn't do the best resizing job. Editing your own larger image is preferable.

* Final images will always be converted to jpg."

I already made a smaller version of the image for emailing purposes, but as I read the rules, using that resized version would violate the rules, in addition to being lower quality than the original. But if I upload the original and geocaching.com resizes it - and in their words, "doesn't do the best resizing job", then it's been altered and the quality has been reduced even more.

So am I misunderstanding something here? How and where should I upload my picture? I assume that I should use the "Upload a Contest Photo Entry" link on my Jeep's page, and I don't see any other way of doing it, but it appears that doing so will resize my full-sized 2.38 mb picture to 600 pixels & 125k.

Here is my Jeep Travel bug climbing Mt Rushmore. This is the ULTIMATE PIC! I rode my motorcycle 1,800 miles to get this picture!!! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!! I discovered Courtney Hansen at Mt Rushmore shooting her new TV show "Destination Wild" so I got her to pose with my travel bug. You got to see these two pics !!!! Her entire film crew was driving new Jeeps!

Courtney Hansen

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...ff-5f0448eeecc7

Jeep climbing Mt Rushmore

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...62-b26d1dc68687

I so need a real GPS! Please VOTE FOR MY PICTURES!!!!!

Thank you for your support.

why did you take picture showing the jeep's #?

Hello everyone. It's November 1 and time to vote again in the Jeep monthly contest. This month's theme is ADVENTURE.

I am shamelessly asking for your votes. Here is a link to my pic titled, "The Adventures of Cache Man and his sidekick, Little Green Jeep."

Cache Man! (Please vote)

In the Jeep photo gallery, it is on page 13. Second row, far right.

I know many others are entering this contest. They too will ask for your vote. But in keeping with the national elections, I will make disparaging remarks about their character and proclaim myself as the choosen one. :blink:

Has anyone seen the winner for the Freedom theme yet? Is anyone besides me curious about the judging? It would be interesting to see the final scores for the winning entries. I have seen the Discovery winner, and although it is a cool photo (better than mine), I am not sure it hit on all the criteria being judged.

Based on the rules there are a max 100 points possible based on the following categories:

Creativity - 25 possible points

Depiction of geocaching experience - 25 possible points

Humor - 25 possible points

Online Votes - 25 possible points

I may be way off-base, but in my opinion (which doesn't matter at all :tired: ) the first winner shows no humor, does not depict a geocaching experience, and is not all that creative (numerous entries were submitted with the shuttle in them). I haven't gone back and looked at all the entries but I would think there might be some that hit on these 4 criteria.

I'm sure some will say this post is just sour grapes because I didn't win. I have no expectation of winning, I just expect the winners to look like they clearly meet the published criteria. I'm all about fair play you know.

Has anyone seen the winner for the Freedom theme yet? Is anyone besides me curious about the judging? It would be interesting to see the final scores for the winning entries. I have seen the Discovery winner, and although it is a cool photo (better than mine), I am not sure it hit on all the criteria being judged.

Based on the rules there are a max 100 points possible based on the following categories:

I may be way off-base, but in my opinion (which doesn't matter at all :laughing: ) the first winner shows no humor, does not depict a geocaching experience, and is not all that creative (numerous entries were submitted with the shuttle in them). I haven't gone back and looked at all the entries but I would think there might be some that hit on these 4 criteria.

I'm sure some will say this post is just sour grapes because I didn't win. I have no expectation of winning, I just expect the winners to look like they clearly meet the published criteria. I'm all about fair play you know.

New to this! Just wondering why my photo isn't showing up for the "adventure" theme? I posted it on the GJTB site under the "upload contest photo" It showed up on the GFTB site? The reference number for the GJTB is TB12G85. Any suggestions?

By the way how can I see the photo of the Discovery winner?

Thanks, Wiggy Boys

I may be way off-base, but in my opinion (which doesn't matter at all :laughing: ) the first winner shows no humor, does not depict a geocaching experience, and is not all that creative (numerous entries were submitted with the shuttle in them). I haven't gone back and looked at all the entries but I would think there might be some that hit on these 4 criteria.

New to this! Just wondering why my photo isn't showing up for the "adventure" theme? I posted it on the GJTB site under the "upload contest photo" It showed up on the GFTB site? The reference number for the GJTB is TB12G85. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Wiggy Boys

I have the same problem. I uploaded a photo on Oct 31st but it has yet to show up. But I did notice that on Oct 1st when they started posting the photos for FREEDOM there were only some 500 photos.

A week later there were over 800. So I guess not all of them are up yet. The winners of Discovery posted their photo somewhere above. It is by GarminArmin.

Thanks, Wiggy Boys

I have the same problem. I uploaded a photo on Oct 31st but it has yet to show up. But I did notice that on Oct 1st when they started posting the photos for FREEDOM there were only some 500 photos.

A week later there were over 800. So I guess not all of them are up yet. The winners of Discovery posted their photo somewhere above. It is by GarminArmin.

Voting for Discovery and Freedom are over so here is my entry for Adventure. Please vote for Me if you deem it worthy.http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?LUID=ecaf27cf-f9c3-4e04-8e1a-cd9f448439e5

Here is my photo I hope I can figure it out this time.

http://http://www.geocaching.com/track/log...a1-506207b07484[/img]

Drill down to your picture so that the link on your browser shows

http://img.geocaching.com/track/log/bef5d6...06207b07484.jpg (Well apparently the forums edit that link down a bit, but you know what page I mean)

Select that and copy it.

Then in the forums when you post to the thread, on the toolbar, click the Tree icon (Next to the envelope) and paste in the link. Select ok and post.

bef5d613-7c3c-424f-b1a1-506207b07484.jpg

Edited by BlueDeuce

To those of you who have been wondering and those that been e-mailing us… Yes we received the first prize Garmin GPSMap 60Cx today and this unit is hands down better than the GPSMap 60CS. It locks on to satellites right away even under the cover of a Spanish tile roof. Now we have to purchase another unlock code from Garmin for the maps. Plus we don’t have to calibrate the compass at every battery change.

We are going to enjoy this one for a long time to come.

Thanks to everyone that made this possible.

Edited by GarminArmin