Where can I buy coin flips?

res2100

We've had a few questions about coin supplies from Canadians and we're looking into prices to get them from the mint. Do you specifically want the pvc coin flips over the pvc bags or would either be ok? We tried some coin shops locally but they didn't have what we needed.

My concern about buying from the USA is that some places like http://www.brent-krueger.com/ will only ship to Canada via UPS ground...last tie I received something that way I was charged over $20 in brokerage fees.

I don't see any listed on the Caching Place either...just the cardboard ones.

Here is what I am looking for:

SaflipLarge.jpg

Also if they say the size is 2"x2", does that mean the outside or are they measuring the inside of it...ie a 2" wide coin can go into it?

I am looking to buy about 100 double pocket (2" to 2 3/16" in size) coin flips to put my coins in and then into coin pages. Can anyone recommend where I can buy these online? Also, what is a good price? I prefer a retailer in Canada, but any place will do.

I've just in the past few weeks transfered all my coins into single 2.5 inch flips to place in the coin pages for my binders.

I kept all my old ones in a old shoe box. I just went through it and had 40 the size your wanting.

They are just taking up space and I don't need them anymore.

So, all you now you need is 60! :huh:

Shoot me your mailing address by PM or email and I will send them to you!! :)

D-man :)

My concern about buying from the USA is that some places ... will only ship to Canada via UPS ground...last time I received something that way I was charged over $20 in brokerage fees.

Also if they say the size is 2"x2", does that mean the outside or are they measuring the inside of it...ie a 2" wide coin can go into it?

UPS are bandits. I refuse to buy from any US company that ships UPS. The product arrives at your door, and the UPS man should be wearing a ski mask over his face as they demand their ransom to get your goods.

2x2 means the outside measurements. You could not fit a 2" coin in a 2x2 flip.

Check your area for local coin dealers. The ones you show in the picture are safe flips. All others will eventually cause damage to most coins, due to their PVC content.

Hey res2100.

If you remember my binders of coins ... they are all in 2x2 flips. The exception was the large format coins and overly thick coins. Those will require a larger flip.

I'll email you directly the source of the flips I bought as they don't have a website. You might even have luck in the coin shops locally. The place I pick up my sheets has some 1.5"x1.5" in stock, but doesn't seem to carry the 2x2.

See Ya on the Trails!

JWID