New Uber GPS

GlobalRat

Check out this chaps megaGPS. Landy and myself found this chap trawling the streets in Gardens.

megagps.jpg

Ok, so it isn’t really a GPS. It was however linked to a Garmin Quest and some other recording gadget. The unit the guy is holding measures cellphone signal strength and the Garmin the position.

So next time you complain to Vodacom about poor signal strength and they say they’ve tested it and it’s fine! Now you know why, look at the friggin aerial on that thing!

I still wanted to compare what I was receiving on my phone compared to the uber yellow signal sucker thingy, but the guys weren’t too friendly.

I was just thinking what would happen if you fell down the hill, like I did at On your way out. That thing would likely kill you if it hit you on the head.

:)

I hear this model has a self deploying zorb so you would have been ok :)

It also comes with a handy scrambling device which kills all other cachers signals in a 1 km radius so you're ensured of a relaxed FTF and watching the game when the chase is on B)

You'll need to start flying Jumbo's if you wanna fit that thing in the cockpit though B)