Webcam Cache TBs - complaint

clemsonbeav

One complaint I do have is the inability to log TBs through webcam caches. "That's silly, though," you're probably thinking. Yes, but is it not equally as silly that one can log TBs through virtual caches? It is possible to log TBs through virtuals, events, and even nanos that are physically unable of housing a TB. Why can't you log a TB through a webcam cache?

The reason I bring this up is because, like many other cachers, I have a TB dedicated to tracking my mileage. Whenever I visit a cache and am logging it into the computer, I do a virtual drop'n'grab of the bug so that I can keep track of the minimum distance I have travelled while caching (up to almost 13,000 miles now!). I ran into a snag when I was trying to drop my bug in the webcam cache in San Antonio at the Alamo (GCHH18). What I did was to find the closest non-webcam cache to said cache and logged my TB through there. In this case, the nearest cache was within a mile away, but this may not always be the case.

I think my request to enable this feature would be a quick fix and would not cause any problems (and would alleviate any disgruntled anal people like myself!).

Thanks!

I did not know that.

I 2 have a PTB. Still trying to track down a webcam cache that works on the day I arrive (0/2 right now)

good to know, I will make sure I hit a nearby cache when I do the cam, although I don't really think it matters, the mileage is pretty wonky anyway.

I have never found the need to log travel bugs through webcams, but the question being asked is logical....so I would agree that it should be able to allow us to log TB's through webcams.

One question, if the logging TB's through webcams is allowed....then wouldn't we have problems with people dropping bugs and not retrieving them? I can see a webcam having a TB icon for months and no one doing anything about it.

One question, if the logging TB's through webcams is allowed....then wouldn't we have problems with people dropping bugs and not retrieving them? I can see a webcam having a TB icon for months and no one doing anything about it.

We already have that problem with TB's and virt's. I can't begin to count how many virt's I have come across that have TB's parked in them. :D

We already have that problem with TB's and virt's. I can't begin to count how many virt's I have come across that have TB's parked in them. :D

So that could be the reason for clemsonbeav to know why the feature is turned off to log those TB into virt caches.

Maybe your travel bug can record its milage via the traditional/multi/puzzle/letterbox/APE caches that you visit.

How about if you could only log your own TBs in the webcache. Then you wouldn't have the problem.

How about if you could only log your own TBs in the webcache. Then you wouldn't have the problem.

That's actually a good idea!

Or...we could just have a tool that calculates mileage for everyone if they so desire...

That would save all the drop/grab stuff with TBs, and would allow people to use TBs for their intended use.

Yes, but then somebody would ask why they can't log TB's through webcam caches.

Or...we could just have a tool that calculates mileage for everyone if they so desire...

That would save all the drop/grab stuff with TBs, and would allow people to use TBs for their intended use.

Yes, but then somebody would ask why they can't log TB's through webcam caches.

OH MY GOD!!!! Now this thread is going in a big long circle.