looking for an oregon cacher: gstrooper

Beffums

This is just a wild attempt, but do any of the Oregon cachers happen to know gstrooper? She's only found 10 caches, so I know the odds are slim. I'm just searching for her since she had picked up one of my TBs back in March, and still has it. She hasn't responded to e-mail, but I don't know if she even got the e-mails (junk mail filters, etc). And, since I don't know if the e-mails are going through, it seems silly to send more e-mails. So, I wanted to check if anyone knew her and could ask her about it the next time you saw her.

(note: I know it's a long shot, as she hasn't found a cache since April 1st, but she was just logged into gc.com last week, so hopefully she's still interested in geocaching, and has just been busy.)

If you do know her, I just wanted to make sure if she still had the TB. If she does and plans on going caching again this fall or next spring or whenever, that's cool - I'm fine with it. No need to apologize, and no need to rush putting it out in a cache. It's just with 5 months of no movement, I wonder if the TB has gotten mis-placed..... :):D If she has it and doesn't plan on caching, I'm willing to pay postage to have it shipped back to me (or you are welcome to snag it and drop it in a cache out there).

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help.

You have 14 travel bugs total. 3 are marked unknown. Once you add the one that was ritual sacrificed or eaten by gstroopers, you will be just about average when it comes to travel bugs owned vs travel bugs lost.

Starting Sept 1, send her an email asking when she plans on dropping off your travel bug. Suggest she drop it off at the find nearest to her home in case she may be stopped geocaching. I do that monthly for the ones being held hostage. Its like chicken soup-it may not help but it wouldnt hoit.

You have 14 travel bugs total. 3 are marked unknown. Once you add the one that was ritual sacrificed or eaten by gstroopers, you will be just about average when it comes to travel bugs owned vs travel bugs lost.

Starting Sept 1, send her an email asking when she plans on dropping off your travel bug. Suggest she drop it off at the find nearest to her home in case she may be stopped geocaching. I do that monthly for the ones being held hostage. Its like chicken soup-it may not help but it wouldnt hoit.

I know it's about average for TB losses - that's why I'm not too concerned, just wondering if she stopped caching. I have e-mailed her, once in June and once in August. But, as I get no response, the harrassing her with repeatd e-mails seems pointless. If no one in Oregon knows her, then I'll just assume that she still has it and will eventually place it. (the e-mail in June just asked if she still had it, since it hadn't been too long back then. The one in August offered to pay postage to have it sent back to me, or to just wait if she planned on going back caching in the future).

I know that there is likely a good reason why it hasn't moved. She might never want to cache again. Or, maybe she's been sick. Or, it could be lost. I just like to check becasue of the first or the last options. I don't mind her having it for a long time. I just want to make sure it is with someone who is still interested in caching someday in the future. If it's mia or if she's done with caching, then I can respond accordingly.

And, actually, I have 3 that are logged to unknown. There are 4 more that are likely MIA, not couunting this one. (i.e., where they are in a cache and at least one person has written there's no TBs in the cache, etc.) I know TB's disappear, one that's marked as unknown was placed in a cache I own that got muggled. oh well - c'est la vie. I just also know that this is a rather small TB, and is more likely than most to get lost in the bottom of a bag. Sorry if my request above came off as pushy - I'm not trying to be. I just feel that if 2 e-mails widely spaced both resulted in zero response, that continuing to e-mail is pointless harrassment. So, I was trying for the second option that is recommended - to find another local cacher who knows the person and see if they can give me any more info. Since I live 1000's of miles away, this was my means of doing that.

I emailed and emailed someone and once after a bad day at work, I sent off an email that let off some steam and said "Just tell me if you never going to move my TB again"

Soon afterwards, I got an email from them. They moved across town and all their geocaching stuff (including my TB was packed away. (3 days to move, 30 days to unpack or so the saying goes). About three weeks later, they placed my TB in a nearby geocache. Ironically, I went and picked up the TB and placed in one of our own. Shortly afterwards it disappeared, never to be heard from again. You did not come across as pushy.

You never know and you probably never will, unfortunately.