Very sad news

I was stunned into silence when I read this. I share the thoughts of everyone else and hope that things aren't as bad as they first appear.

I'm not sure how to express what I'm feeling here, but it goes along the lines of: IF I was going to have a serious mishap, I think I'd much rather it occured as a result of doing something I love rather that doing something dull and boring like mowing the lawn or doing the weekly shop. No, that's come out all wrong, I just can't put it into words. I'm going to leave it be, I hope someone more eloqent can see where I'm coming from.

Best wishes to BT and his loved ones.

My blood ran cold when I read this news, my very best wishes to Ewan and his family.

I know from personal experience that brain injuries often look dire in the early stages, but can improve remarkably in time. I'm sure those of you who have met me in the course of caching will vouch for the fact that I have found a way back from a bad neck inury coupled with a severe brain injury.

It has been a long hard road for me but I got through encouraged by the tremendous support of family and friends. We as a community can hope and pray for improvement in these important first days, and in time there will be plenty of opportunity to help Billy Twigger return to the hobby he obviously loves.

Please keep us posted Firth, and let us know what, if anything we can do to help.

Good luck Ewan.

I was stunned into silence when I read this. I share the thoughts of everyone else and hope that things aren't as bad as they first appear.

I'm not sure how to express what I'm feeling here, but it goes along the lines of: IF I was going to have a serious mishap, I think I'd much rather it occured as a result of doing something I love rather that doing something dull and boring like mowing the lawn or doing the weekly shop. No, that's come out all wrong, I just can't put it into words. I'm going to leave it be, I hope someone more eloqent can see where I'm coming from.

Best wishes to BT and his loved ones.

Slytherin (our Texas import from UK) told me about the accident this morning, and I'd like to add our prayers to the rest. A brand new geocacher from San Antonio (1.5 hours away) had a heart attack and died while signing a cache log last year. I felt a great loss even though I didn't know him, because what I read about him told me he would have fit right in and been a great member of our geo-family. There were no words for that tragedy, either, but my thoughts were much the same as yours, Ian; he died doing something his wife said had very quickly become a big part of his life (She had the coordinates of his grave placed on his headstone!).

As far as words can go, we can't ever really express the emotions inherant in a tragedy such as this. We'll just have to live with frail platitudes until we evolve to empaths. You did just fine, Ian.

God Bless Ewan and his loved ones ...

Happy Trails,

Candy

BT has to be one of the sweetest and most thoughtful men that I have ever met. Every time I have been in his company, or communicated with him, I have been struck by what a considerate and caring man he is, as well as having him make me laugh at his dry sense of humour. It is taking me a long time to come to terms with what has happened to him. I am just stunned and shocked. Part of me doesn't want to believe it because I wish I didn't have to believe it.

My thoughts at the moment are for him, and for his family and I hope and pray that his condition will improve and that once again I will be able to smile when I think about him - at the present time all I can do is sigh and shake my head in disbelief.

Like many other cachers in Scotland, I have been privileged to spend time with Ewan out on the hills in good weather and bad.

This news has come as a real shock - I can only add to the support shown in this forum and others.

My thoughts are with Ewan and his family at this time.

Family Hodge's signature line puts into words what Ewan's life is probably going to be like for a while. I haven't been fortunate enough to meet Billy Twigger yet, but he was here in Maine just a few weeks ago. I pray he will be well enough to come back someday. If there is anything we can do from this side of the pond to help his family manage during the recovery, please let us know.

Get Well Soon!

Sending good thoughts your way

To brighten up your day!

sunrise.gif

I heard you were feeling yucky

Down & out and not quite plucky

sunrise.gif

So I send good thoughts to you

And Get Well wishes too!!

sunrise.gif

I hope you Get Well real quick

cuz it ain't no fun being sick!

sunrise.gif

Some chicken soup, plenty of tea

Soon you will be well and fancy free!

sunrise.gif

Start feeling better and Get Well quick,

Cuz Hospital food can make you sick!

My thought's, Prayer's and Heart Is with you and your family at this tragic time!!

Edited by Da Rubber Chicken

Very stunned at this sad, sad news, and would like to add my best wishes to him and his family. I too don't know him personally, but hope to meet him one day and tackle some of his caches. We all drank to his health at the Shrops Cache Bash and collectively wished him a speedy recovery.

I learned of the accident while passing another message, and was shocked to learn that it related to Billy Twigger.

I spotted his caches on Bute early on, and was eager to find them at the first visit opportunity. The locations always struck me as being notable as places I probably would never have visited if left on my own. Although we never met, we share similar home and holiday locations, and had been in contact via the net.

My thoughts and best wishes are with him and his family at this time.

Very stunned at this sad, sad news, and would like to add my best wishes to him and his family. I too don't know him personally, but hope to meet him one day and tackle some of his caches. We all drank to his health at the Shrops Cache Bash and collectively wished him a speedy recovery.

I have never met Billy Twigger either, but was at the Shrops Event and saw the love and respect shown for someone who is obviously a very popular man.

Here's health to you Ewan. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

I sent a print out of the g.com thread to Ewan's family, as I thought that the posts were really quite moving. I've had a reply from Lorna, Ewan's wife, which I really didn't expect, as I'm sure she has better things to do. However, it's a lovely letter and she tells me that Ewan is communicating by blinking his eyes and squeezing his hand. The brain injuries may not be as bad as was first thought. She was comforted by the kind words and good wishes in this thread.

She knows that a lot of people are thinking about him and wishing him every chance of a recovery.

I sent a print out of the g.com thread to Ewan's family, as I thought that the posts were really quite moving. I've had a reply from Lorna, Ewan's wife, which I really didn't expect, as I'm sure she has better things to do. However, it's a lovely letter and she tells me that Ewan is communicating by blinking his eyes and squeezing his hand. The brain injuries may not be as bad as was first thought. She was comforted by the kind words and good wishes in this thread.

She knows that a lot of people are thinking about him and wishing him every chance of a recovery.

Way to go Ewan, keep it up kidder :D

We were shocked to hear of Ewan's terrible accident and wish to extend our very best wishes to him for a full recovery - he and his family are in our thoughts and prayers.

We do not know Ewan personally but did his Moine Thrust Earthcache last year while visiting Scotland - it was a first to find for us in a land very far from our home, so we will never forget it and loved doing it.

Good luck, Ewan - we are thinking of you.