2007 International CITO Day

I had been under the now false impressions that International CITO day was somehow aligned with Earth Day. Am I wrong? The two seemed to go hand in hand. Earth Day is April 21st, 2007.

Double Whammy, the place I planned on holding the CITO day this spring opens for the season on April 21, not April 14th! :huh:

A little history about what goes into choosing the date. The first CITO day was planned to coincide with the anniversary of Geocaching. What we found, at least locally, was a really clean park, it had just been cleaned up from the US celebration of Earthday (April 22nd). So in the future we knew we needed to hold CITO day a little earlier in the year.

Then there is the dilemma of two Earthdays. The US celebrates April 22nd, but International Earthday coincides with the March equinox, March 21st. CITO is an international event, but in many areas it is still a little cold to get a great turn out that day.

So now we go with a weekend in April that is our own day, April 14th.

But if April 21st works for you, then schedule your event for April 21st. :(

i see no one has mentioned my idea for a cito i may not be old enough to hold one but heres my idea to the rest of you. i did a phone interview with the head of the MN DNR's Adopt a river program i told him about caching and he never heard of it well next day he sent me an email talking about how the mn dnr has just allowed it in state parks but then i asked him if i could do a cito cache with your program and he loved the idea and says it would also be a bonus to keeping geocaching up in state parks and we would be on the dnrs good side. well i know that other states do adopt a river i just dont know which ones but if you log on to your states dnr page you can look up the program this is a major convieniance because its not just rivers its any body of water the deal is a minimum 2 year project with cleanups anually about 1 or 2 months apart maybe excluding winter

We are doing it again, making our first CITO of the year very challenging!

Here is a link for our Heavy Lift II CITO cache.

Last year we collected 7000lbs (yes, 3 1/2 tonnes) of trash.

We may not do as well this year in terms of weight but we intend to remove some items that are BIG.

This will be our second CITO rated 4 for Difficulty and 4 for Terrain.

As we discovered last year, those 4 stars are real and proved the mettle of each participant.

I think these Heavy Lift CITO's may be some of the most challenging events in which I have been involved.

We are very pleased to announce that, for 2007,

jeepblk.gif

and

groundspeak_logo.gif

are sponsoring International Cache In Trash Out Day!

cito_banner2007.gif

Thank you, Jeep! Thank you, Groundspeak!

What do you mean by sponsoring? :huh: Will they help with anything at the local events, or is this just banner type thing for them? If they are going to help out, how and where? Cause I could use all the help I can get. I'm shouldering everything for our event myself.

What do you mean by sponsoring? :D Will they help with anything at the local events
Sorry, Totem Clan, Jeep will not be helping in= a specific local level like what you are asking for.

:D Oh well..... Thanks for the info.

Wouldn't hurt to hit up the local dealer though, huh? :D:huh::huh::D

Edited by Totem Clan
What IS Jeep doing to Sponsor the International CITO day?
From the Weekly Mailer:

"Thanks to this year's sponsor, Jeep, we are able to offer the official CITO 2007 t-shirt at a substantial discount for geocachers."

Thank you for the reply...didn't see that in the mailer...hmmm...gonna have to go back and look harder...